How many totally finished outtakes are there from the sessions of his adult solo albums?

It's obvious that the Estate lied about having only 2 finished songs so it's a lot more likely that there are way more than just 30 songs. I want to hope that among those 10k tapes there are at least half a dozen songs from each era that we never heard of and are in a releasable state.

buz kohan worked with his dear friend singer-entertainer Michael Jackson, such as "You Were There" (a tribute to Sammy Davis Jr. sung by Jackson), "Gone Too Soon" (written during the early '80s, recorded later for Jackson's Dangerous album released in 1991 as a tribute to Ryan White), "Scared of the Moon" (a rare song from 1985, sung by Michael Jackson, released in 2004 by Sony Music), and "Make a Wish," a never-heard song written by Kohan and sung by Jackson, for the Steven Spielberg version of Peter Pan, Hook.

• Happy Song" (1983) (Michael Jackson, Buz Kohan)
    Michael Jackson
  • "I'm Peter Pan"(1983) (Michael Jackson, Buz Kohan)
    Michael Jackson
  • "Make a Wish" (1983) (Michael Jackson, Buz Kohan)
    Michael Jackson
  • "Neverland Landing" (1983) (Michael Jackson, Buz Kohan)
  • Those true ?

Michael Jackson
    Michael Jackson
    Michael Jackson
  • Those true ?
Yep. Damien said those aren't finished though.

I don't have an answer myself, but whatever the Estate says about this is probably not true. Haha.

Michael Jackson
    Michael Jackson
    Michael Jackson
  • Those true ?
“Neverland Landing” has a full vocal, so I’m told. Buz Kohan specifically said that MJ sang “Make a Wish,” so that could mean anything. No clue about the other two.

“Neverland Landing” has a full vocal, so I’m told. Buz Kohan specifically said that MJ sang “Make a Wish,” so that could mean anything. No clue about the other two.
Someone said dream away is Neverland landing

IF it’s actually on the promo, I would believe it has vocals, seeing as this was music intended to give a taste of the coming album. But I’m not even sure whether Monkey Business and Men in Black was on there; I have a faint recollection of Bottrell (or was it Hoffman?) saying he recalled it just being an early mix of Black or White.
Where was this said

Probably the same guy who said WDYK is an early demo of BTM.
His channel called mysterious Jackson .he said. BTM have many verses and he did mistake about wdyk u can check him he even said he heard tomboy. Buffalo bill years ago

I think it's a bit much to start organising stuff based on if it was going to be on the album or not. If MJ worked on it when he was creating BAD then it's a BAD outtake. Same logic applies to all the Invincible outtakes that never made it anywhere near the final tracklist.

I think it's a bit much to start organising stuff based on if it was going to be on the album or not. If MJ worked on it when he was creating BAD then it's a BAD outtake. Same logic applies to all the Invincible outtakes that never made it anywhere near the final tracklist.
In official terms of an outtake, Streetwalker would count because it was actually going to be included on Bad but replaced with Another Part of Me…other demos from the session never went further than what we heard and were omitted once the core songs were selected. You can count them as outtakes sure but not really an official outtake

In official terms of an outtake, Streetwalker would count because it was actually going to be included on Bad but replaced with Another Part of Me…other demos from the session never went further than what we heard and were omitted once the core songs were selected. You can count them as outtakes sure but not really an official outtake
Sketches, Demos, Outtakes.

other demos from the session never went further than what we heard and were omitted once the core songs were selected.

Pretty sure this could be said about literally every album ever made, nobody uses outtake to describe only songs that were 100 percent going to be included on an album. I have also never seen anybody use the term "official outtake". Just seems like a way to complicate simple language for no reason.

Who is Russ? If you don't mind me asking mate
Russ Ragsdale

MS03OTM0LmpwZWc.jpeg

Pretty sure this could be said about literally every album ever made, nobody uses outtake to describe only songs that were 100 percent going to be included on an album. I have also never seen anybody use the term "official outtake". Just seems like a way to complicate simple language for no reason.

This was in 1987 and definitions have expanded over the years but at the end of the day, the assistant engineer for Bad called Streetwalker the only outtake since it was the closest to being included on the final track list.

MJ planned a triple disk (30 songs) for the bad album. That means there's 30 songs finished for that album. The 11 songs on the bad album and 19 that were left out. There's :
We are here to change the world
Fly away
Streetwalker
Al Capone
Chicago 1945 (1986 re recorded version)
Free
Price of fame
Abortion paper
I'm so blue
Don't be messing around
Do you know where the children are
Someone Put Your Hand Out
Throwing your life away
Cheater
Groove of midnight
Loving you

Probably: Buffalo Bill, Tomboy, what you do to me, turning me off, apocalypse, rocker

MJ planned a triple disk (30 songs) for the bad album. That means there's 30 songs finished for that album. The 11 songs on the bad album and 19 that were left out. There's :
We are here to change the world
Fly away
Streetwalker
Al Capone
Chicago 1945 (1986 re recorded version)
Free
Price of fame
Abortion paper
I'm so blue
Don't be messing around
Do you know where the children are
Someone Put Your Hand Out
Throwing your life away
Cheater
Groove of midnight
Loving you

Probably: Buffalo Bill, Tomboy, what you do to me, turning me off, apocalypse, rocker

Michaels original idea was to record a triple disc but that was scrapped during the early stages of creating the Bad album. The songs listed are not finished songs, they’re demos that didn’t go beyond the versions we hear from that session. If they were true contenders for the album, most of them would have complete lyrics and properly mixed and mastered

Back