How physically strong was Michael Jackson?

Richard76

Heartbreaker
Country
Russia
You know, I always considered Michael as very skinny man. Well, he obviously was really thin during most of his lifetime. I bet, he could never done many pushups or pull-ups, he wasn't a muscle type. But recently I found this picture, where Michael holds Bigi with his one hand! And according to his face, it's not really difficult for him. If he could easily lift 60-65 lbs with one of his hand, then he actually wasn't really weak as he seemed to be! Moreover, this picture was taken, when he physicallly was weaker than ever! That means that during 90s he could be even stronger! I bet during Invincible era he could easily lift cars 😂 Anyway, also lets not forget Earth Song performances, when Michael could bend himself down on a hight altitude! So, maybe Michael had never gone to gym, he never tried to pump muscles, but he definately had really strong body, especially hands. Maybe it's all about genetics

michael-jackson.jpg
40c13f2427bfa501e40fe3950e12c5b3.jpg

Young skinny mothers could hold their children in one arm has easily so I doubt it's anything to do with strength.

As for the hanging off the cherry picker, it looks amazing but always scared me that he would slip one of these days.

I'm actually amazed that he never had a single accident, it would have been extremely dangerous and potentially killed him , especially if he got crushed from the fans in a frenzy if he fell into the crowd.

For insurance purposes it would have been a major red flag?

I am not sure he was particularly strong. I think most men would hold a small child rather easily. He was, in his prime, incredibly fit though. You don't tour the way he did with the kind of energy he produced without being something of an athlete. He was very, very well conditioned to the rigours of his craft. But I wouldn't bet on him beating me in a push up competition at any point.

I am not sure he was particularly strong. I think most men would hold a small child rather easily. He was, in his prime, incredibly fit though. You don't tour the way he did with the kind of energy he produced without being something of an athlete. He was very, very well conditioned to the rigours of his craft. But I wouldn't bet on him beating me in a push up competition at any point.
Well, comparing to myself he is pretty strong. I always considered myself stronger than him: I can do 50 push-ups and 10 pull-ups. But it's pretty difficult for me to hold my 45 lbs dog with my strongest hand 😅 So, now I guess Michael and me are at the same rank of physical strength 😁

In terms of lifting weights, Michael Jackson was not physically strong.

That is because he focused more on muscular endurance which is different from physical strength.

So, he used to do a lot of aerobic exercise, mainly for keeping his legs strong for his complicated dance moves.

He also used to do a lot of sit-ups in order to strengthen his gluteal muscles.
As for the hanging off the cherry picker, it looks amazing but always scared me that he would slip one of these days.

I'm actually amazed that he never had a single accident, it would have been extremely dangerous and potentially killed him , especially if he got crushed from the fans in a frenzy if he fell into the crowd.
It would have been also extremely dangerous for the fans, if he slipped and landed on their heads.

I think Michael focused on flexibility, not necessarily on increasing physical strength. His This Is It physical trainer Lou Ferrigno said Michael wasn’t keen on weight training, instead preferring stretching, core training and exercise balls.

There is footage of Michael at one of the HIStory concerts where the YANA girl comes onstage and faints in his arms, so he just picks her right up in the cradle position and hands her over to the security guard.

There is footage of Michael at one of the HIStory concerts where the YANA girl comes onstage and faints in his arms, so he just picks her right up in the cradle position and hands her over to the security guard.
Really? He was THAT strong??? :oops:

He also could rip off his t-shirt with his bare hands! Looks like he was really strong:oops::sneaky:
f7d191fb486971368ecec65e69b5a6cc.gif

Very , very i'd be confident in saying. That upper body /back thing they all have. A dancer's body is the strongest.
Don't ever underestimate it i'd say.

Back