How was Streetwalker strong enough for Bad?

I cannot picture bad without twymmf.. I absolutely love that song. Streetwalker is great, fornthe album but I can't have the track list they went with.

Better than......TWYMMF?

trapped-jerry.jpg

That's a bit of a stretch...

I must admit that I've never really liked TWYMMF. If I had to choose the Bad era tracks to be on the original release it's probably be a total flop since I highly prefer the bonus/unreleased tracks over a lot of the album tracks. Lmao

Isn't it weird how a lot of the earlier versions of Michael's tracks are much funkier?????? I think they sound a lot better

[youtube]3iXMHyAq8kA[/youtube]

Isn't it weird how a lot of the earlier versions of Michael's tracks are much funkier?????? I think they sound a lot better

That's totally true! Especially the teddy riley songs, I think they just polished them way too much and kinda overworked them.

the instrumental on this version of In The Closet is more grittier, heaviery and funkier than the released one. I also remember reading that the BOTDF version from 91 was also more funkier

[youtube]evahhunbGvk[/youtube]

yes he could of released an album between bad and dangerous but it would of been terrible. the outtakes we have heard are not strong enough for a full album thats just stupid

Terrible? Don't be silly, it would have been great, also remember a lot of these were not worked on by the "A team".

Cheater
Streetwalker
Al Capone
Fly Away
Price Of Fame
Chicago 1945
I'm So Blue
Abortion Papers
Do You Know where your children are

Then there are aloooot of songs we don't know about from this period (83-87), Tomboy, What You Do To Me, Alright Now, Apocalypse Now to name a few. He could have absolutely released a great album between bad and dangerous

Last edited:
Terrible? Don't be silly, it would have been great, also remember a lot of these were not worked on by the "A team".

Cheater
Streetwalker
Al Capone
Fly Away
Price Of Fame
Chicago 1945
I'm So Blue
Abortion Papers
Do You Know where your children are

Then there are aloooot of songs we don't know about from this period (83-87), Tomboy, What You Do To Me, Alright Now, Apocalypse Now to name a few. He could have absolutely released a great album between bad and dangerous

Another really great song I heard at the ITSWMJ seminar in Oslo was "Throwing your life away", which I thought was a highlight. I guess it was from the Dangerous sessions (??), so it might not appear on any Bad track list, but it could definately feature on an album in between Bad and Dangerous. Great song!!

Another really great song I heard at the ITSWMJ seminar in Oslo was "Throwing your life away", which I thought was a highlight. I guess it was from the Dangerous sessions (??), so it might not appear on any Bad track list, but it could definately feature on an album in between Bad and Dangerous. Great song!!

If i'm remembering correctly Throwing your life away was made for Bad. Same thing for Someone put your hand out. He probably worked on TYLA for the dangerous record

If MJ released anything between 82 - 87 it wouldve sold regardless. Especially in 84...

I love this version especially around 3:40

Thank you for this! Never heard this before! What a track! So much funkier and tougher than the released version. I really enjoyed this!

Awesome!! Great to know the song exists and it's a great song. Thank you for sharing

what I most like about that "early version of Ghosts" in some areas his vocals are just clearer to hear. And yes overall funkier, that unique sound leading into the 'next' sections..

Agreed. The real question is, had Streetwalker replaced APOM on the bad tour what would that live performance look like?

It would have probably started with the silhouette against the canvas intro (as used for HH in 87 & SC in 88/89) followed by a twymmf-like chase-the-girl performance. The song would have ended with MJ draging the girl into his white on-stage tent.

After a 10 minutes break a sweaty and out of breath MJ would have showed up and continued with Billie "she says I am the one but the kid is not my son" Jean.:D:D

I love it but APOM is my fave track on the bad album, extremely danceable and I love the live version. But streetwalker has something special too, it's got a very high sing along vibe and I'm fairly certain it would have been a smash hit. Love the use of the harmonica , it brings something different to the table. The chorus is top class.
So we have an interesting situation, I can't get rid of APOM. They could have used it as the extra CD track instead of leave me alone. But that also is not a good idea because also LMA is a world class song with a great video and very danceable and my second fave of the album. Like I said in the other thread, Bad should have been a double album. MJ was sitting on at least 20 great songs that never got the exposure they deserved.

It definitely exists. There are clips on YouTube.
It's been nearly two years since the snippets have leaked. I'm wondering if the full song will ever leak in foreseeable future?

Last edited:
I love streetwalker but I wouldn't replaced it with another part of me through. it was perfect due to the fact with the captain eo ride at Disney at the time. I can understand why he kept that one. :)

It would have probably started with the silhouette against the canvas intro (as used for HH in 87 & SC in 88/89) followed by a twymmf-like chase-the-girl performance. The song would have ended with MJ draging the girl into his white on-stage tent.

After a 10 minutes break a sweaty and out of breath MJ would have showed up and continued with Billie "she says I am the one but the kid is not my son" Jean.:D:D

I'm dead. :lmao:

It's been a few years since I started this threads and my opinion has changed slightly, I'm intrigued to know what the 87 mix of Streetwalker sounded like now more than ever.
Since then we've had two different versions leaked in LQ from Brad's seminar, the one with whistle intro was my favourite, the melody of "why don't you give me some time" sounds slightly altered, less repetitive and more polished. Although both versions still didn't sound complete enough for the album admittedly.
Plus we've also had the handwritten notes leak that show Michael was thinking of Streetwalker as track 1 on Bad. Thankfully he changed his mind, because regardless the Bad album had to start with Bad.

It's interesting to me because I always go back to Streetwalker (more often now than I did then honestly) and I enjoy it, raw, funky, classic Bad era Mike, but I feel I listen to it puzzled somewhat when I think it nearly made the album, truthfully I always think of Price Of Fame when I think of any track that should have almost made the album

It's been a few years since I started this threads and my opinion has changed slightly, I'm intrigued to know what the 87 mix of Streetwalker sounded like now more than ever.
Since then we've had two different versions leaked in LQ from Brad's seminar, the one with whistle intro was my favourite, the melody of "why don't you give me some time" sounds slightly altered, less repetitive and more polished. Although both versions still didn't sound complete enough for the album admittedly.
Plus we've also had the handwritten notes leak that show Michael was thinking of Streetwalker as track 1 on Bad. Thankfully he changed his mind, because regardless the Bad album had to start with Bad.

It's interesting to me because I always go back to Streetwalker (more often now than I did then honestly) and I enjoy it, raw, funky, classic Bad era Mike, but I feel I listen to it puzzled somewhat when I think it nearly made the album, truthfully I always think of Price Of Fame when I think of any track that should have almost made the album

I agree with everything you said mate. I also think it's classic Bad era MJ. I think Cheater, Street Walker and Price Of Fame could have easily made it to the Bad album.

Maybe not a triple disc album, but I think Bad should have been a double disc album, similar to Prince's Sign of The Times album that also came out in 1987.

Imagine a second disc with a track list consisting of:

1) Streetwalker
2) Fly Away
3) Price of Fame
4) Chicago 1945
5) Loving You
6) Throwing Your Life Away
7) I'm So Blue
8) Abortion Papers
9) Cheater

I think if Bad was released as a double album, its' sales would be lower but it would be more appreciated as an album.

It's a fairly good song with a strong beat and great harmony - but like what Michael thought, it does not really add any more to Bad - the song is a bit one dimensional subject wise. The other songs on that album just have a bit more "meat" I guess.

It's pleasant by itself and it did at least see the light of day on Special editions and Bad25.

Streetwalker if i'm not mistaking is about him or maybe some other guy trying to get with this woman. she a prostitute so yeah in my opinion that does fit the BAD native.

Maybe not a triple disc album, but I think Bad should have been a double disc album, similar to Prince's Sign of The Times album that also came out in 1987.

Imagine a second disc with a track list consisting of:

1) Streetwalker
2) Fly Away
3) Price of Fame
4) Chicago 1945
5) Loving You
6) Throwing Your Life Away
7) I'm So Blue
8) Abortion Papers
9) Cheater

I think if Bad was released as a double album, its' sales would be lower but it would be more appreciated as an album.

This would be my 2nd disc. Imagine fully finished, polished, mixed and mastered version of these songs. This would have been incredible.

1) Streetwalker
2) Come Together
3) Price of Fame
4) Chicago 1945
5) Scared Of The Moon or Someone Put Your Hand Out
6) Fly Away
7) I'm So Blue
8) Do You Know Where Your Children Are
9) Cheater

This would be my 2nd disc. Imagine fully finished, polished, mixed and mastered version of these songs. This would have been incredible.

1) Streetwalker
2) Come Together
3) Price of Fame
4) Chicago 1945
6) Fly Away
7) I'm So Blue
9) Cheater

Have you listened to Chicago1945?

1) Streetwalker
2) Come Together
3) Price of Fame
4) Chicago 1945
6) Fly Away
7) I'm So Blue
9) Cheater
2 and a half year later, you have your proposed second disc.🍻

Back