HWT South America

Lassoboy

Proud Member
Why MJ did not visit South America during HWT? Did he planned to visit?

I don't know. Michael did perform on basically all of the continents for this tour (Asia, Australia, Africa, Europe, and North America - remember there were two shows in Hawaii) besides Antarctica and South America. Maybe there was not enough room for a South American leg? Although, I remember reading once that there was a show, or were shows, planned to be held in Brazil, but I cannot confirm that.

Lassoboy;4306931 said:
Why MJ did not visit South America during HWT? Did he planned to visit?

Yes, it was planned. I doubt you'll understand anything but here's some local 1997 TV news from Chile that said that MJ was going to visit Río de Janeiro, Buenos Aires and Santiago during November.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OPNyHielxgg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

According to MJ Beats, MJ did not want to visit because only beers brands wanted to sponsor the South American leg, but honestly, after seeing his show from Johannesbourg, I'd say the real reason to cancel the shows was his phyisical condition.

Last edited:
Imagine if the Olodum band joined Michael on stage in Rio to perform a special version of They Don't Care About Us!
That would have been one of the best moments of the HIStory Tour!

Imagine if the Olodum band joined Michael on stage in Rio to perform a special version of They Don't Care About Us!
That would have been one of the best moments of the HIStory Tour!
He would've still mimed :D

Even the band wasn't live so Olodum would probably just pretend to be playing their big drums.
The band WAS live though. Maybe there are some studio parts in there but the band was mainly live.

Wouldn’t be a HIStory Tour thread without people moaning about lip sync even when it’s irrelevant to the discussion!

Didn't some doctor (who provided him with propofol during the tour) come out after Michaels death and claimed that Michael almost died at the end of the HIStory tour?

BOTDF wasn't Live lol

The music of BOTDF was a mix of mostly playback and some single live played instruments on top.

Last edited:
And it certainly wouldn't be a History tour thread without the guy saying that MJ's dancing was on point lmfao. Go watch the Triumph tour and see what awesomeness looks like.

And it certainly wouldn't be a History tour thread without the guy saying that MJ's dancing was on point lmfao. Go watch the Triumph tour and see what awesomeness looks like.

MJs dancing was on point in HIStory. MJ was a great dancer period. This desire to promote his earlier work and denounce his later work is so strange on this forum.

Both tours showcase fantastic dancing.

And yes, it is actually allowed to praise the HIStory Tour.

Beautiful post. Well said!

Back