I Am A Loser leaks [ Page 6] New info Page 12

I am A Loser I copy and pasted throughout the song yes, but if you listen to it. some IAAL have a short instrumental that was copied with it and pasted. So some are out of place. This sound is easily heard with the first uttering of "Iaal iaal"

SiM and Cry are nice. But when you start doing the same drum pattern over and over again.....it really doesn't impress. Besides. Live recording give the track room to breath imo.

Probably 85-90% of the feedback I have seen on forums, Twitter and FB is only positive about this song.

Ive shown it to 5 nonfans. All of them said it was boring.

Non-fans are not MJ fans because they generally do not relate to his music. Of course there are big hits that even many non-fans like and admittedly this is probably not a song that would set the charts afire, but it doesn't have to be for fans to like and appreciate.

Anyway, you talked about "most fans" not being impressed by drum parts. Unless you did a representative poll, you cannot make such statements in the name of "most fans".

I've shown some of Michael's best work to non fans (We've Had Enough, Earth Song, Who Is It, etc.) and they all hated them. The opinions of non fans are sort of irrelevant.

Now see, if Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga came out with this song, the world would love it.

I am A Loser I copy and pasted throughout the song yes, but if you listen to it. some IAAL have a short instrumental that was copied with it and pasted. So some are out of place. This sound is easily heard with the first uttering of "Iaal iaal"

SiM and Cry are nice. But when you start doing the same drum pattern over and over again.....it really doesn't impress. Besides. Live recording give the track room to breath imo.

and that's why I first came up with the example of the orchestral re recording of the Barcelona instrumental! it gives it a better feel, a more natural vision of layers if you will.. it was done with great care and I sure think it would work with 'I Am A Loser'

I don't think I Am a Loser (or rather I Was the Loser) should be touched. At all.

Michael Prince said that they practically finished the song. I always see fans saying that people are tampering with Michael's vision, and yet now we're suggesting that they re-produce the song...

If the song is finished, release it as is.

I don't think I Am a Loser (or rather I Was the Loser) should be touched. At all.

Michael Prince said that they practically finished the song. I always see fans saying that people are tampering with Michael's vision, and yet now we're suggesting that they re-produce the song...

It's not the fans who want MJ's demos released in their original state who have said that they want someone to re-produce it. I have only seen fans who are in favour of finishing material in general call for that.

Yes, but this leaked version is not the final version.

You guys should be familiar enough with MJ's discography to know he would not release that vocal take and call the song finished.

Yes, but this leaked version is not the final version.

I know. Michael Prince has said this was an early version and that more completed versions (the final one being I Was the Loser) exist.

What I'm saying is that they should go into the vault and find the last known version of a song Michael worked on. If this version is complete enough to be released without any embellishes of any kind, then do it. If it requires some touching up (like the leaked version of I Am a Loser does), then so be it.

But I don't agree with adding a full orchestra. The only things that need altering are the drum beat (not live drums, but more percussion added and much punchier) and the vocal editing.

i showed the song to 2 non fans ( they are fans in the since that they love the hits) but i wouldn't call them "fans"
and they couldn't believe it was a demo, they thought it sounded great.

i then showed them Ghosts (the full short film) and it blew their mind, they even talked about it the next day! lol

Well, I showed it to a non-fan and he loved it, and was shocked when I told him it was just a demo. He also asked if I had more stuff that he's never heard, and was interested in hearing more demos. Different people are going to have different opinions.

I played it for my girlfriend, I told her that it was a demo. I kind of down played it so her expectation would not be high, but she said it didnt sound like a demo and she really liked it..

I find thins songKind of like how 'Love Never Felt So Good', not the sound but how it is one of those songs that are really catchy and enjoyable to listen to even though there are some holes in the song for the fact its a demo..

I think they should save 'I Was The Loser' for the next album! the vocal parts recorded in 2008 give it much more of a centimental feel! it'll be great to hear how Michael's voice was shaping up as he was edging ever closer to announcing 'This Is It' I think the possible Timbaland album will include Song's mostly from the Invincible era! it looks that way from what we've heard as of now. So it wouldn't surprise me if that was to be the case

Well, seeing how Michael was reluctant to release untouched demos in his lifetime,

(Streetwalker was in fact touched, and was not raw from the 80s. btw).
Billie Jean was enhanced, it had to be. Its original sound quality was poor.
For All Time was a demo. Vocals were double tracked and instrumentation was updated.

Seeing how Michael also kept reworking old demos toward the end of his life, shows us he even tinkered with songs.
Of course he didn't expect to die, even though evidence shows he was paranoid about being killed.

I am a Loser needs, live drums and orchestration. The Freddie Mercury Barcelona album 2012 is beautiful.
It also needs, layered vocals for harmony (if harmony is desired)
A for all time bridge vocal effect would be nice too. Michael did that in 2007-08. :) I like that effect.

REASONS FOR THIS:
An obvious use of copy and pastes needs too be fixed.
The MIDI/Synth instrumentation sounds rough. Demo rough. Not a final track as I hope the estate would like to illusion.
The Vocals are a guide take, and can improve. At some parts its obvious hes not as close to the microphone. If that could be fixed, id like that to be fixed too.
The drums ala Stranger In Moscow, and Cry fail to impress most fans. The song could achieve better sound dynamics if it was rerecorded instrumentally with live instruments anyways. Evidence to support this would be Threatened 2001 vs Threatened This is It.

Seeing as we have the demo already, these changes should be welcomed.

Streetwalker wasn't a demo though, its a completed song which was considered for BAD but was replaced at the last second with Just Good Friends.

The released Billie Jean demo, is exactly that a demo, it isn't "touched" or worked on. Its straight from The studio at Encino. I don't see how you can claim otherwise when Michael states himself during the 2008 Ebony interview while the demo is playing, "That's me and Janet.." and the reporter goes "really?" And he again says "Yea, thats me and Janet going Hoo Hoo Hoo, Hoo Hoo Hoo"...So, yeah.

Just clearing that up.

Streetwalker wasn't a demo though, its a completed song which was considered for BAD but was replaced at the last second with Just Good Friends.

The released Billie Jean demo, is exactly that a demo, it isn't "touched" or worked on. Its straight from The studio at Encino. I don't see how you can claim otherwise when Michael states himself during the 2008 Ebony interview while the demo is playing, "That's me and Janet.." and the reporter goes "really?" And he again says "Yea, thats me and Janet going Hoo Hoo Hoo, Hoo Hoo Hoo"...So, yeah.

Just clearing that up.

no, that's incorrect. it was confirmed on BAD25 and the Special Edition CD that another part of me replaced Streetwalker. two different stories as to why that was done, but the most likely truth is that it made Michael want to dance and not Frank. #Fact

Yes, that is true. But that version is not the version released on Bad Special Edition. The released version is 1988 Bill Bottrell mix. There is probably Quincy version somewhere in the vaults.

The BillieJean demo is poor quality. it was touched up to make it sound better. Too much Hiss etc etc.

and No Streetwalker had embellishments, its not as it was in 1988 or whatever.

The BillieJean demo is poor quality. it was touched up to make it sound better. Too much Hiss etc etc.

and No Streetwalker had embellishments, its not as it was in 1988 or whatever.

That's what Bill Bottrell said himself.

I don’t think Quincy worked on Streetwalker and I can’t speak for him but I don’t think he liked it. During the Bad album Streetwalker was being worked on the side by Michael and Humberto Gatica in Studio C of Westlake while Quincy and Bruce were working in Studio D. Michael was “sneaking off” doing it in secret and then unveiled it to Quincy who unsurprisingly preferred the songs he was working on with Bruce. Michael liked Streetwalker but ultimately gave in with pressure from Quincy and Frank. Michael wanted to continue to work on the song which is why he asked Bill to work on it. Bill may not have been aware of it before then. I am not sure how involved Michael was with the special edition release as he was busy with Invincible but Bill did say that Michael didn’t like the harmonica in the mix.

Quincy Jones never worked on Streetwalker - he hated it, which is why he argued with Michael over putting Another Part of Me in its place on Bad. A better decision ultimately; I love Streetwalker but it closely resembles The Way You Make Me Feel, whereas APOM sounds like nothing else on the record.

The Bad: Special Edition mix is the last one Bill Bottrell did in 1988, before he took the core of the track and turned it into Dangerous in 1989.

I thought I was waaayy late to the party, after noticing all the youtube vids posted here were taken down. Then I heard the acapella version (Thanx again!) and I know I enjoyed the song. Just now I've listened to the regular version on youtube. Whew! You can tell I'm really feeling the song, from how I already enjoyed the acapella.

*If any of you haven't checked it out, go to youtube and just type in the title. It probably won't be too late.*

I agree.
More touched-up, "finished"-sounding version can be released together with the original demo, if it should be released. That would be a real treat. Well, it's like, I'm quite open to hearing remixes, samplings, interpolations and renditions of my favorite artists' music, but that's possible because I've tasted the original flavor. If this had been the rawest demo that it could be, I'd still say "Let me hear it as it is" for the same reason.

Any other songs leaked ..... in 2013?
What about Soldier Boy?
Sorry....not been very active in the MJ world lately :/

Back