Should we boycott the film and album TII

• No!!!!

Votes: 151 96.2%
  • Yes?

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters

ds8989

Proud Member
I understand your grief that Michael is gone.
Some fans want to boycott the film and album, and are loath to go to the cinema and not buy the album, let me remind you, we buy tickets and CDs are not for the fact that a "Sony" to earn money, but for the fact that we watched and listened to Michael.
We always will remember you and good to your heritage is priceless.
R.I.P. Michael Jackson

The only reason I'm not going to buy the album is because I'm not satisfied with its tracklist. But I am going to see the movie at least 4 times. :D

I agree. I will support the movie... even if I'm not sure yet what to believe ("This is not it" etc). Of course I want justice...! But I think the movie's goal isn't and shouldn't be an investigation about his death and his health issues. Even if it is only one side we will see (the positive one and I'm glad there's finally a positive movie about Michael that gets so much attention in the public!!!) in the movie... IT IS A PART OF THE TRUTH AS WELL!! For what I saw so far, Michael really seemed to enjoy being back on stage, being creative in so many ways again, showing everyone "that he still has it". Preparing for a show he dedicated to his fans and his kids. Calling people in the early morning to talk about his new ideas just shows me how he really was into it and really wanted to do that...!!

Lets see this movie as a Tribute to Michael. And support it as that.
That doesn't mean we close our eyes to the other part of the truth that might exist...!

I'll buy the album and I will see the movie MANY MANY times!!

Of course I will also buy the DVD and Blu-Ray.

SO you dont want us to support the estate and his CHILDREN

i think the hole thing against it is ridiculous. This is a celebration of michael. Michael always wanted to put smiles to faces with his entertainment. This is just that opportunity.

Well fans are free to do what they'd like, but I don't see what boycotting the film is going to do. If the movie and/or album don't do well, it certainly wont help Michael. The media and others will just label him a failure as always, so the fans who think they're helping really aren't imo. Michael is gone and launching a boycott against this film or the album will not change that. I understand these fans concerns and they are right about saying that people should go see this with an open mind which I intend to do, but I will not be boycotting either the movie or the album at all. I will be seeing the movie several times and I already pre-odered the album. Hearing a clip of the "She's Out Of My Life" demo got me excited about it and i'm really glad now that I purchased the TII album.

"This Is NOT It" campaign really isn't helping Michael or his legacy, so I am not taking part in that. I wont be boycotting anything. I want the album and the movie to do well. I want Michael to go out on top.

Well fans are free to do what they'd like, but I don't see what boycotting the film is going to do. If the movie and/or album don't do well, it certainly wont help Michael. The media and others will just label him a failure as always, so the fans who think they're helping really aren't imo. Michael is gone and launching a boycott against this film or the album will not change that. I understand these fans concerns and they are right about saying that people should go see this with an open mind which I intend to do, but I will not be boycotting either the movie or the album at all. I will be seeing the movie several times and I already pre-odered the album. Hearing a clip of the "She's Out Of My Life" demo got me excited about it and i'm really glad now that I purchased the TII album.

"This Is NOT It" campaign really isn't helping Michael or his legacy, so I am not taking part in that. I wont be boycotting anything. I want the album and the movie to do well. I want Michael to go out on top.

Has there ever been a time when the press were so supportive of Michael? Not since Thriller, I would say. It is sad that it took him passing to turn them around. But, now is not the time for negativity. That and a myriad of other issues, can be sorted out later. Now is the time when the press and the public are finally acknowledging Michaels achievements and his staus as the worlds greatest entertainer. This is a time to appreciate all the hard work, talent, creativity, compassion, integrity, and love that Michael embodied. This is an opportunity as fans, to join the world in a global celebration.

add poll
I just want to know who is for and who is against

fans should do what they want. im not buying the album until its sold cheap because i have no intrest in spending money on something that will just sit on my shelf doing nothing, im not a collector so have never really seen the point.if sony had made it worth buying then i would have bought it and frankly i dont want reminding of what should have been

Michael Jackson would NEVER want us to boycut the movie, then he had died in vain!

If we, the fans, at least get to see the process and the concert in the making I believe MJ would have been happy. He wanted the best for us, and as we couldn't see this live, he would want us to see the movie.

Fans boycutting the film are not doing what MJ would want them to do.

I don't think there's a realistic chance that fans will boycott This Is It in big numbers. None at all.

The CD is terrible though, I won't be buying it. Not as a boycott, just a decision.

If the movie and/or album don't do well, it certainly wont help Michael. The media and others will just label him a failure as always, so the fans who think they're helping really aren't imo.

This is one of the biggest myths surrounding Michael Jackson that you find on fan boards. Absolute nonsense. He's universally regarded as an incredibly successful pop star. Michael got a lot of negative attention from the press, much of which was undeniably of his own doing, but labelling him a failure wasn't one of his problems. It just wasn't. Sorry.

I did want to boycott the CD at first, but for a totally different reason. Paul Anka. I am still mad as hell, but I held up my nose and bought it for Michael...for his estate...and for his children.

By the way, I just came home with the CD. I had to go to 4 (count them 4) stores before I could find a copy. Sold out at my local Best Buy...

This whole This is NOT It boycott is really silly. Im not boybotting the flim at all and im getting the album and getting the DVD when it comes out. I understand why some fans are refusing to see the flim bc we all still mourning Michael's passing. Iam as well. I cant keep from crying when i see footage of this is it. I know i will be bawling when i see the movie bc i just cant get over Micheal being gone. Michael would NOT want us to boycot the flim and not buy the album. He worked way too hard was way too dedicated to this tour for us to just boycot something he was proud of. Since this tour didnt happen this movie is the last new footage of michael we have to see of him performing and doing what he loved. why ruin something that made Michael happy and he wanted us to see?? Lets just be happy we are at least getting this and a album to remmeber Michael by. Yeah it might be another way for Sony to make money but its also a way to make sure his kids are taking care of. lets think about them and how this boycot might make them feel.

I am not boycotting the movie or the CD.

I have made a personal choice to not view the movie in the cinema, but I will get it when it comes out on DVD.

I have also chosen not to purchase the CD, but that is because I have all the songs on Disc 1 already. I will probably just buy the six song EP off of iTunes.

Michael paid too high a price for this show, we simply must go.
Ah yes those fans who say that they would not buy this CD because SONY makes money on this.
You go naked without clothing, you do not have nothing, you yourself do all things? All the things that you buy, who is earning money on them.

Last edited:
why are people still blaming his death on aig or Keny Ortega or the tour? he chose to do the tour out of his own free will. and the tour would have been amazing. it wasn't the tour that killed him. It was drugs. We all know now that the coroner said he was healthy, and he looked a hell of a lot healthier than your average 50 year old in that footage.

Michael paid too high a price for this show, we simply must go.
Ah yes those fans who say that they would not buy this CD because SONY makes money on this.
You go naked without clothing, you do not have nothing, you yourself do all things? All the things that you buy, who is earning money on them.

that is exactly right! Hell there are worse corporations out there than SONY. Look at WalMart. Almost everything in there was made by slaves in Indonesia, or Chia, or Taiwain. Look at KFC, one of MJ's favorites, and how their chickens are threated. They live their entire life from birth to death in a cage not much bigger than a shoe box, well it's a little taller, but other than that it's the same size about. It's incredibly inhumane.

Look at the oil companies. Of all the companies to boycott, people here would actually pick SONY? I'm not saying Sony is innocent in everything they ever did, because they are always willing to trample art for money, but so is every other coproation. It's a capitalist world. It's the way it is. Sony is no worse than any other corporation, and as I mentioned above there are many companies that are a hell of a lot worse.

If people are going to boycott SONY over MJ, than they need to boycott just about everything they ever buy in order to not be a hypocrite.

This is one of the biggest myths surrounding Michael Jackson that you find on fan boards. Absolute nonsense. He's universally regarded as an incredibly successful pop star. Michael got a lot of negative attention from the press, much of which was undeniably of his own doing, but labelling him a failure wasn't one of his problems. It just wasn't. Sorry.

Um what on earth are you talking about? I didn't say Michael wasn't universally regarded as being extremely talented, so sorry you did not prove me wrong. If you read what I said actually, you'd see that I was not talking about the public. I'm talking about the media. They have labeled him a failure over the years since the 90's. They labeled "History" a flop eventhough it sold like 18 or 20 million copies or whatever it was and had 2 #1 singles. The press is a joke when it comes to being balanced and fair esp. when it comes to Michael. Thanks to critics labeling "Invincible" a flop and stating it was a terrible album, it still hasn't recovered from the stigma. Most people still believe that album is terrible and wont buy it no thanks to the media.

Sure Michael contributed to most of the madness, but the press just would not let up on him even when he wasn't doing anything outrageous. He's probably gotten the worse treatment from the tabloids of any celebrity I can think of. They've talked about Michael like utter crap since the 90's and that is a fact. They'll look for any reason to put him down. Look at how quick they were all to label him a junkie after he passed without even waiting for the autopsy report. If you believe that they wont be quick to call him a failure or flop if the movie doesn't do well,then you are only kidding yourself.

Last edited:
Um what on earth are you talking about? I didn't say Michael wasn't universally regarded as being extremely talented, so sorry you did not prove me wrong. If you read what I said actually, you'd see that I was not talking about the public. I'm talking about the media. They have labeled him a failure over the years since the 90's. They labeled "History" a flop eventhough it sold like 18 or 20 million copies or whatever it was and had 2 #1 singles. The press is a joke when it comes to being balanced and fair esp. when it comes to Michael. Thanks to critics labeling "Invincible" a flop and stating it was a terrible album, it still hasn't recovered from the stigma. Most people still believe that album is terrible and wont buy it no thanks to the media.

Sure Michael contributed to most of the madness, but the press just would not let up on him even when he wasn't doing anything outrageous. He's probably gotten the worse treatment from the tabloids of any celebrity I can think of. They've talked about Michael like utter crap since the 90's and that is a fact. They'll look for any reason to put him down. Look at how quick they were all to label him a junkie after he passed without even waiting for the autopsy report. If you believe that they wont be quick to call him a failure or flop if the movie doesn't do well,then you are only kidding yourself.

I'm majoring in journalism. I'm a news addict. I watch every single station for hours a day. Never once in my life have I seen or heard the media refer to history or Invincible as flops. In fact during the trial, Invincible was repeatedly brought up and they always referred to it as having sold "well."

It's not like the media really brings up History on a regular basis seeing as it's not really breaking news that he came out with it, but since his death it has been brought up on ocasion and they ALWAYS refer to it as the biggest selling double disc album of all time!

And Michael was a junkie. He was not secretive about it. He didn't lie about it or deny it. He was open about it. He had problems. For some reason though fans here at this message board can't comprehend the possiblity that he wasn't perfect so even though he admitted he was addicted to drugs the fans here still insist he wasn't. I remember when the coroner report showed that he died as the result of abusing three different drugs and people here actually claimed that maybe it would put the drug addict rumour to rest.

How does proof that he was abusing three different drugs prove he wasn't abusing drugs at all? Yeah there is a media bias against MJ while alive and a bias in his favor since he died, but there is also a bias here against the media at MJJ community and people exagerate and distort horribly.

Last edited:
I am not Boycotting it. Anything new from Michael I will love.. I just love him!!!! :wub:

I think it is sad that this has become political, boycotting - why?
Michael isn't going to be affected either way, and his family are not asking for charity, i.e. please buy the album for the revenue.

I can't bear to watch him at the moment and that is why I am not going to the film but I will buy it on DVD, I want to see it, but when I can actually watch it and not sit weeping. I have no plans to buy the album simply because I have the music several times over, and the 'new' releases arn't new.

My reasons for not going to the film or buying the album have nothing to do with boycotts.

Back