ICE DANCE TO MICHAEL JACKSON at SOCHI OLYMPICS 2014

Ashtanga

Proud Member
Sochi 2014: Coomes & Buckland free dance to MJ

_73044971_coomesbuckland.jpg

British skaters Penny Coomes and Nick Buckland perform their free dance to a medley of Michael Jackson hits.
The European bronze-medallists were 11th after their short dance routine and are awarded 91.78 for the free dance.
The pair come from skating families, with both Buckland's grandfather and Coomes's stepfather former national speed skating champions.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/winter-olympics/26233524

Video: http://sportv.globo.com/videos/soch...chael-jackson-na-patinacao-artistica/3153507/

:woohoo:

Re: Sochi 2014: Coomes & Buckland free dance to MJ

Here is the video:

I watched these this morning and both were good-especially like the Shibutani siblings-I read on the Olympic news that their program got a lot of controversy because it played the instrumental version of Ben in the middle, so they replaced this version with "Man In the Mirror" as the middle song-I went over to YT and watched the version with "Ben" and liked it much better-it could be a song about a sister's love for her brother as well as about a pet rat, and they danced it beautifully.

But I REALLY loved both couples' costumes!!!!

Michael Jackson was trending on Twitter after the Shibutanis' programme. People praised the music coice for both couples. Great to see Michael's legacy live on!

Very nice!

Although I am disappointed in the choice of using the Immortal versions...

Michael's music was in great company. Top 10 ice skaters music:
Scheherazade by N. Rimski-Korsakov
Petit Adagio, Waltz in Concerto No. 2
Swan Lake by P. Tchaikovski
Le Petit Prince et sa Rose
Man With a Harmonica, Tosca
Overture from Barber of Seville
Maria de Buenos Aires
Les Miserables by C.-M. Schoenberg
Michael Jackson Medley
Immortal (Michael Jackson Show)

All classics :clapping:

I watched both of these performances, both were great. I preferred the GB skaters, I thought their costumes were better as well. I loved hearing the Immortal mix as well :)

Last edited:
i saw the americans performance. didnt realise the brits did mike aswell

Michael Jackson was trending on Twitter after the Shibutanis' programme. People praised the music coice for both couples. Great to see Michael's legacy live on!
Exactly. See this kind of stuff how much MJ was loved even before his death. I think too many times we like the comments of a few haters make folks think everyone is hating. Not true. haters just get the attention.

:clapping: Beautiful MJ Tribute and I've always loved watching the ice skating/figure skating at the Olympics.

Back