Ideas for unreleased songs

Damien says that the version he heard at the Copyright Office didn't have vocals, but then the version he heard of Adore You he heard there also didn't have version so who's to say there's not a version with vocals as well.
You may be right

Damien says that the version he heard at the Copyright Office didn't have vocals, but then the version he heard of Adore You he heard there also didn't have version so who's to say there's not a version with vocals as well.
That leaker from 11 years ago said there was vocals. Maybe not credible enough.

That leaker from 11 years ago said there was vocals. Maybe not credible enough.
I thought of that though, maybe they were referring to I Have This Dream? For a long time everyone thought that From The Bottom Of My Heart and I Have This Dream were the same song. I think that even MJ's former bodyguard called it FTBOMH as well.

I thought of that though, maybe they were referring to I Have This Dream? For a long time everyone thought that From The Bottom Of My Heart and I Have This Dream were the same song. I think that even MJ's former bodyguard called it FTBOMH as well.
Well he explicitly says MJ was saying "Sending from the Bottom of my Heart" so it has to be, if it's true.

I wonder if Make or Break has vocals
It has, but they're scratch vocals.

From the Man In The Music book:
"Jackson worked on this dance track with John Barnes and Matt Forger. According to Forger, it had a “very driving, terrific hook, but never got finished.” “He did a reference vocal, a background vocal, and a reference bridge,” said John Barnes. “It had an opportunity to be innovative, but we didn’t really push it because other tracks took priority."

Was Apocalypse Now recorded?
It's unknown. All we have are conflicting reports from a person who worked on the song saying that the song was made for either the Bad album or the Invincible album. It also has 6 minutes of military drum candences recorded for it.
MJ-Rhythm_Mag_08.jpg

Also from the Let's Make HIStory book:
Q: In 2001, you played on the song “Cry” for the Invincible album. Did you perceive any organizational differences between that setup and the 1980s Quincy Jones productions?

A: Yes, it was totally different. We were at Record One, and Michael would not show up on those days—he called me on the telephone and gave me instructions, but he was incredibly focused. It was a different era, you know, and Quincy Jones wasn’t producing. Actually, I think “Cry” is the only song that has acoustic drums on it. I also recorded two other tunes for that record that never came out: one was called “Apocalypse Now” with big drums on it. It was kind of an “end of the rope” song and I recorded four military percussion parts and wrote six and a half minutes of military music. I had a gran casa and a duo of piatti. I used four piccolo snare drums. It was great! Except it wouldn’t have blended with the record anyway.

It's unknown. All we have are conflicting reports from a person who worked on the song saying that the song was made for either the Bad album or the Invincible album. It also has 6 minutes of military drum candences recorded for it.
MJ-Rhythm_Mag_08.jpg
Ooh very interesting

MJ-Rhythm_Mag_08.jpg

Also from the Let's Make HIStory book:
It sounds to me like nothing new was made regarding Apocalypse Now. He's just bringing it up as his "achievement".

Back