If Michael Jackson wasn't a musician, what career would have he been?

Sophia2023

Proud Member
Country
United-States
If Michael Jackson never went into show business, then he would have gone to college to study music education to become a general music and choral teacher to teach children from all levels.

I haven't got the imagination to see him as anything other than a performing artist. Or at least, something creative.

Maybe going to art college and then working as a comic artist. Or a book illustrator, maybe, but comic artist would be fabulous, imo.

He would have also been a choral director, accompanying them on the piano.

Last edited:
If Michael could have lived a 'normal' life (whatever that means, lol) maybe he could have worked in a zoo or a wildlife safari park or something like that. He loved all sorts of animals and seemed to have an amazing affinity with them. That tarantula photo by Greg Gorman? I saw a quote from Greg saying that the tarantula was one of Michael's pets and they shed their - skin? casing? - and that's what they used for the photo. There doesn't seem to be an animal that he didn't love. He seems to be so comfortable with all of them.

I know he had the zoo at Neverland but his career was so full-on I don't know if he got to spend much time with the animals.

So something working with animals. Not a vet. But something.

Last edited:
I think Michael could help people with mental health. it's like for his gift from god. āœØ
He would have stopped doing it after a while.
In my opinion,had he been a psychiatrist,he would have started to hate the human race after a short while. He got to see the dark side(is there any bright one at all?) anyway though

He would have stopped doing it after a while.
In my opinion,had he been a psychiatrist,he would have started to hate the human race after a short while. He got to see the dark side(is there any bright one at all?) anyway though
maybe, but he wanted helped people and heal the world so much
I think if it didn't a his work it did a part of his life - help people. He was can realize himself in different professions
I would like see him as teacher, It would suit him very well.

According to him, anything that would involve creating something, working hard on it, putting it together, sweating over it, then sharing it with people, and having them love it.

This strongly implies making, directing, and producing films (so, again a career in the show business).

He even expressed that desire (about films) on certain interviews.

He would be in the movie industry, in some capacity (actor, illustrator, make-up, visual effects, etc.). Because of his father and his strict upbringing, MJ would (consciously or unconsciously) be seeking the approval from his father, therefore very likely rising to one of the greats in his craft.

He would have been a great skinny male model with a waist of 26-28 inch. He looked terrific in photoshoots.

If Michael Jackson never went into show business, then he would have gone to college to study music education to become a general music and choral teacher to teach children from all levels.
he would have been a actor

That is an interesting question. Michael Jackson was a very talented and versatile artist, who excelled not only in music, but also in dance, fashion, and philanthropy. He was also interested in film, literature, art, and technology. If he wasn't a musician, he might have pursued a career in one of these fields, or perhaps something else entirely.

One possible alternative career for Michael Jackson is film director. He was a huge fan of movies, especially fantasy and horror genres. He starred in several short films, such as Thriller, Bad, Smooth Criminal, and Ghosts, which showcased his creativity and vision. He also collaborated with renowned directors like John Landis, Martin Scorsese, and Francis Ford Coppola. He had plans to direct his own feature film, but they never materialized. If he had focused on filmmaking, he might have become a successful and influential director in Hollywood.

Another possible alternative career for Michael Jackson is writer. He loved reading books, especially biographies, history, and poetry. He wrote many songs, some of which were based on literary works, such as Ben, based on a novel by Gilbert A. Ralston, and Smooth Criminal, inspired by a book by Rupert Hughes. He also wrote an autobiography, Moonwalk, and a collection of poems and reflections, Dancing the Dream. He had a vivid imagination and a gift for storytelling. If he had devoted himself to writing, he might have produced some best-selling novels or inspiring memoirs.

Of course, these are just speculations based on his interests and talents. Michael Jackson was a unique and multifaceted individual, who could have achieved greatness in any field he chose. He was a musical genius, but he was also much more than that. He was a humanitarian, an innovator, an icon, and a legend.

There used to be a rumour he wanted to quit music altogether (before OTW) and become a priest/study theology. Anyway, that would fit him imo

Back