If you could re-shape Invincible...

A part of me thinks the album wasn't titled "Unbreakable" because they didn't want it to be confused with the Samuel L. Jackson movie of the same name, which was released one year earlier in 2000. I get the feeling that MJ's planned music video for the song would have been influenced by that movie.

Still, I really think the album should have been called "Unbreakable". I don't think people would have actually gotten it confused with a movie that came out one year earlier lol

Last edited:
A part of me thinks the album wasn't titled "Unbreakable" because they didn't want it to be confused with the Samuel L. Jackson movie of the same name, which was released one year earlier in 2000. I get the feeling that MJ's planned music video for the song would have been influenced by that movie.
Yes! Great movie, I could see Michael enjoying that.

If MJ had named the album Unbreakable id have refused to listen to it

I'd hate it as badly as BuffaloBill does it's that simple

Regarding the title of the 'Invincible' album, here is why that word was chosen (as shown by the promo slogan that unveiled the album title):

"First it was Off the Wall, then Thriller. He's Bad and Dangerous. He's made music HIStory over and over again. He is in a word, INVINCIBLE. That's right folks. INVINCIBLE is the title of the King of Pop's new CD" (MJNI)

Michael Jackson also wanted to give a playful meaning to that album title, just like his 'Dangerous' album:

Before listening to the 'Dangerous' song you think that he is Dangerous, but after listening to it you realize that actually the girl is Dangerous.

In the same way, before listening to the 'Invincible' song you think that he is Invincible, but after listening to it you realize that actually the girl is Invincible.

Back