If you could re-shape Invincible...

If I could reshape Invincible it'd be into the instrument of mankind's DESTRUCTION. I HATE INVINCIBLE.

After listening to a few tracks on Vince , (thanks to the constant Invincible threads) - I have a new appreciation for Unbreakable. It's one of the better tracks on the album.

Heartbreaker is another banger , I've always thought that it sounded one of the most modern songs on the album , it is so fast!! MJ must had drank about 15 red bulls during the making of it

@Fuzball said:
HIStory […] the subtitle is due [to] its greatest hits component […]
Not entirely true, that, as I’ve mentioned up-thread. It is, however, a great subtitle for an album with both old and new hits.

Unbreakable

1. Unbreakable
2. Threatened
3. Break Of Dawn
4. We've Had Enough
5. You Rock My World
6. Xscape
7. Whatever Happens
8. Speechless
9. She Was Lovin' Me
10. A Place With No Name

So that would be the tracklist I'd go for, taking into account the songs that were finished enough to be considered and what we've heard from the Invincible sessions.

I'd try to make it more like a typical Michael album, less ballad heavy that way you focus on the 1 or 2 ballads on the record. Shorter in runtime but no fat on the album and crucially no 2 songs truly similar.

The holy trinity of the album would be YRMW, Xscape and Whatever Happens. In keeping with tradition of Mike's albums having a run of 3 excellent tracks grouped together.

*I'm not concerned with the 2 S tracks following each other, because Mike didn't care about that on Thriller, look how that worked out
Butterflies and heartbreaker missing though. Apart from those, a banger track list. I wish Invincible would have been a bit different too. Invincible 25 could be such a big Chance with bonus tracks and Whatever Happens as a new lead single.

I actually listen to this playlist quite often

1 Heartbreaker
2 Hollywood Tonight
3 She Was Lovin' Me
4 Break Of Dawn
5 Whatever Happens
6 You Rock My World
7 Butterflies
8 Blue Gangsta
9 Threatened
10 A Place With No Name
11 People Of The World
12 Speechless
13 Unbreakable
14 Xscape

UNBREAKABLE

1. Unbreakable
2. Hollywood Tonight
3. Break of Dawn
4. Another Day
5. Shout
6. You Rock My World
7. Butterflies
8. Blue Gangsta
9. In The Back
10. Whatever Happens
11. Speechless
12. On the Line
13. Threatened
14. Xscape

I'd make the original artwork that we see on the acetate the official artwork. I'd also make the original singles still the singles and would have added Hollywood Tonight as a single as well with a music video. I'm not a fan of R Kelly's songwriting for Michael, so Cry was omitted due to this, plus the other songs were good but there was stronger options.

I actually listen to this playlist quite often

1 Heartbreaker
2 Hollywood Tonight
3 She Was Lovin' Me
4 Break Of Dawn
5 Whatever Happens
6 You Rock My World
7 Butterflies
8 Blue Gangsta
9 Threatened
10 A Place With No Name
11 People Of The World
12 Speechless
13 Unbreakable
14 Xscape
I'm ok with this but I'd replace Heartbreaker and Unbreakable instead. Or Maybe I'd make Xscape the opener.

Alright I have nothing else to do anyway. Ideally each album has 8 to 10 tracks imo.

TITLE: Speechless

1) Heartbreaker (opening with a banger, it’s also original, sounds just purrrrfect)
2) Hollywood Tonight ( neff u mix was cool, demo was cool, old school Michael styled dance track but still fresh)
3) Butterflies (unique in MJ’s discography)
4) The Way You Love Me ( simpley a beautey)
5) Don’t Walk Away (I love it, sue me)
6) Blue Gangsta ( unique hard beat in MJ’s discography)
7) Shout (again unique though I’m not a huge fan, I just like it when he tried different stuff)
8) The Lost Children (I love it, sue me part 2)
9) We’ve had enough ( if every MJ album needs an epic then you can’t go wrong with this)
10) Speechless ( it is pretty unique the way it opens and closes therefore deserves a spot)

Last edited:
People just won't stop making this topic lol

Title: Unbreakable

1. Unbreakable
2. Escape
3. Break of Dawn
4. Heaven Can Wait
5. Blue Gangster
6. You Rock My World
7. Butterflies
8. Speechless
9. Threatened
10. Shout
11. Whatever Happens
12. We've Had Enough

People just won't stop making this topic lol

Title: Unbreakable

1. Unbreakable
2. Escape
3. Break of Dawn
4. Heaven Can Wait
5. Blue Gangster
6. You Rock My World
7. Butterflies
8. Speechless
9. Threatened
10. Shout
11. Whatever Happens
12. We've Had Enough
I just hate the name Unbreakable in this context as an album title. If we're gonna continually change everything, how about rewrite the song so IT can be called Invincible?

I just hate the name Unbreakable in this context as an album title. If we're gonna continually change everything, how about rewrite the song so IT can be called Invincible?
Unbreakable is the sequel to This Time Around. In TTA he sings towards the end: nobody's gonna break me
HIStory album and tour are proof, that the allegations didn't break him.
In contrast to Invincible, Unbreakable is an autobiographical song, that's why it should've been the album title.
Unbreakable is also the song of his life. His father didn't break him, the media and the allegations didn't.
Unbreakable has a meaning.

nobody's gonna break me in TTA:

Last edited:
Unbreakable is the sequel to This Time Around. In TTA he sings towards the end: nobody's gonna break me
In contrast to Invincible, Unbreakable is an autobiographical song, that's why it should've been the album title.
Unbreakable is also the song of his life. His father didn't break him, the media and the allegations didn't.

Literally just change one word around. Unbreakable to Invincible. And the meaning is the exact same otherwise.

Invincible is a better title, Unbreakable is a better song. It's not that hard.

Life can break someone. That's the story of Unbreakable.
But what's the story of Invincible?

Life can break someone. That's the story of Unbreakable.
But what's the story of Invincible?
If it's literally the same song as Unbreakable but with the word Invincible, then it's the same story. Invincible as it is now is just a love song.

Invincible as if there was a war between Michael and the media? Was there one? I don't know.

You don't make any sense to me.
and Invincible as album title too
it goes nowhere
it has no meaning
Unbreakable does:

it goes nowhere
it has no meaning
Unbreakable does:

Michael Jackson is Invincible. That's the meaning ain't it. It's just a nice affirmation.

Literally just change one word around. Unbreakable to Invincible. And the meaning is the exact same otherwise.

Invincible is a better title, Unbreakable is a better song. It's not that hard.
Not to me it isn’t.

it goes nowhere
it has no meaning
Unbreakable does:

Why are you posting the same thing two times?

"Unbreakable" is definitely a better song than "Invincible". It actually sounds like what you would expect a title track to be, whereas "Invincible" is just a generic love song. Rewriting "Unbreakable"'s lyrics to call it "Invincible" is unnecessary when it'd be much simpler to just leave the song as is and name the album after it. Plus, while they're both words with egoistical connotations, "Unbreakable" has a subtlety that "Invincible" lacks. You don't look quite as cocky when you name your album "Unbreakable" as opposed to "Invincible".

Last edited:
Back