If you had to pick...Xscape, or Michael?

Xscape with the addiction of Best of joy.
i hope there are more song from 2006-2009 with ful vocals.

Xscape with the addiction of Best of joy.
i hope there are more song from 2006-2009 with ful vocals.

I think someone already said it here, but it would have been amazing if they'd held out instead of rushing Michael out, keeping the best tracks from Michael for Xscape. Xscape plus Best Of Joy, Hold My Hand, Hollywood Tonight, Another Day...aarrgghhh! :D Might have to make a custom playlist!

With 3 tracks not being from the man himself, that album is the biggest f*ck up to this incredible legacy of his...

I am traumatised by that fiasco! I still can't believe that happened and we have no way of correcting it. It's a relief to hear the new album and know that the demos are authentic. I like the fact you can buy the originals and the 'contemporised' songs to hear the difference.

It still jars with me the way the album is being promoted as the new album 'from' Michael Jackson. The Facebook feed is ridiculous. You literally wouldn't know the man is dead.

Xscape all the way!!

I really like Hollywood Tonight, HMH, Much Too Soon, Best of Joy, Another Day and Behind the Mask.

BUT - the controversy all the hate and negativity ruined it a little for me! - BUT I will still say Michael gave me 6 extremely good MJ songs!!

Xscape however has given me 8 AMAZING songs - 8 demoes which I also enjoy very much - and the bonus version with JT is great too.

BUT - Xscape puts all MJ fans together - much love and so much appreciation. - All positive, no fake vocal debates etc. - all LOVE !!

So no doubt Xscape for me - both for the songs, production - but also the overall feel !!

Xscape, no contest. Although I'll be happy the day the original unleaked versions from MICHAEL see the light. I know HT is an incomplete demo but I was happy the day it leaked, it's amazing but Teddy Riley f*cked it up.

For me it's "Xscape", I like the majority of tracks on the album. However on "Michael", the only track that I enjoyed listening to (and still do) is "Behind The Mask".

Last edited:
Michael was a good album, at the time it was released. However, it leaves me cold now.

I hope Xscape doesn't do the same, but I'm already 20 times more excited about this album, than I am about the other one. And I had heard 6 of these songs already!

Xscape of course....This album has a completely different feeling than MICHAEL....What a joke it turned out to be....I've said in other threads, Xscape is everything the MICHAEL was not....

If I had to pick, I'd do what I did on my PS3...combine the two and make my own Xscape album.

1. Xscape (original)
2. Hold My Hand
3. Hollywood Tonight
4. She Was Loving Me (Chicago) (new version)
5. Best Of Joy
6. Loving You (new version)
7. A Place Without No Name (leaked version)
8. Another Day
9. Blue Gangsta (2010 version)
10. Love Never Felt So Good (new version)
11. Slave To The Rhythm (new or 2010 would work...I prefer 2010)
12. Behind The Mask
13. Do You Know Where Your Children Are (leaked version with the guitar)
14. Much Too Soon

This is hard. But i will def be making my own compilation of songs from Michael and Xscape in the near future. At the moment i will go with Xscape.
Best Of Joy, Hollywood Tonight, Behind The mask, gets played regularly by me and should not, a long with the other three, be dismissed just because they were a part of a fallible product. Best Of Joy being my favorite :)

Michael. I enjoyed it more than I do Xscape, with Xscape, some songs sound a bit too overproduced for my liking. To my surprise though, Love Never Felt So Good (duet version) is my favorite, I really didn't like the demo when it leaked. From Michael, I like Monster even with the controversy surrounding it, it's a good song.

Back