I'm sorry, but I must rant about this...

When speaking of the average person, I'm not sure there is hypocrisy here. I think that you have a clear example of media projections that people tend to accept as truth because they can only know what is in front of them.

The day that Michael died many have used the phrase "he almost took the internet with him" because of the intensity of the reactions and people wanting to know what was going around. Individuals felt the pain and the loss. Now most weren't haters at all; they may not have been to the level of joining fan clubs,etc. but they loved and appreciated him as an artist. I think that they want to know more about him now as a person because I think that they are seeing what a "snow" job the media did with him when it came to honest protrayals.

While he may not have been on the tips of their tongues or the first or last thing thought about, he was the "comfort" of the music world that they thought would always be there whether seen or not.

Make no mistake that he was loved and appreciated by people. Sadly, many in the media are now jumping on that boat because they have too late realized that that true side of Michael would have sold stories also.

let me ask you something: if an atheist starts to believe to God, will you get mad at him for believing in God while you're believing for a longer time or embrace this new member into "the family"

as far as Michael's concerned, i feel trully blessed and advantaged to have followed his music and life throughout all these years and finally be able to share my experiences to a larger number of people. Imagine all these people who suddenly discovered how great Michael is, how jealous they are that YOU/SHE/HE/WE/I walked beside Michael for so many years..

this is not a time of anger..this is the time to celebrate Michael's music and spread the word.

one love.

I understand what you're saying, but as I said, the pain they 'caused Michael is too great for me to ever forget. Besides, anger is part of the grief process. I am still extremely depressed over Michael dying and always will be. I can't just pretend i'm okay with everything and celebrate and forgive. I haven't gotten there yet, but hopefully in time I will but for now i'm still going through all the motions.

you want anger? target the fαcking media :)
i don't want you to pretend you're okay and to celebrate.In my case, this is what i noticed these seven days..while i was home alone all the anger and pain and depression and self-destructive feelings surfaced.But while i was surrounded with people (who previously ignored Michael's career) asking me all this stuff about his songs and his videos and his kind character, i found myself in this great position where i could:
a) start the healing process reviewing his whole life
b) create new fans who'll worship Michael just like the way i've been doin' all these years.i even bought them Mike's albums..

i'm just telling you to give it a try and you'll probably feel how great it is to tell stories about Michael to people who ask you to.

What really pisses me off are the people who CONTINUE recycling those old 'jokes' and spitting hateful comments. Now THOSE people, I don't understand at all. You really wonder if they're human. It's frightening.
I don't get those people, particularly the ones who are so sure he is a child molester. They are so hateful and vehement you'd think they saw him do it, but in reality they know very little about him. I don't understand how they can pretend they know it is the truth. The other day I responded to a guy on YouTube with facts. He just cursed at me.

What is interesting to me is that a lot of people equate his alleged "weirdness" with criminality. He was weird, thus he must be criminal. The two are always together. They cannot separate the fact that he led a life out of the ordinary from anything else. That seems to be the entire basis for the belief. I find it psychologically interesting albeit frustrating.

absence always makes the heart grow fonder... we always want what we cant have ... the cliche listage goes on and on ...

while i understand the anger and pain in your rant, the love and great respect that he is finally receiving is uplifting at the same time. Hopefully your anger will subside and you can then enjoy the respect that people are expressing as a result of his passing.

His legacy will live on forever and beyond ... in a week he has rewritten HIStory again !!

I agree Chi Chi but in the back of my mind and under my breath I'm whispering "Aint these some Fake..you know what what's" hehe!

I do like all the love he is getting but just so sad..people had to do it now..but that goes hand in hand with you post and I agree 100%.

Peace..

I never hated him nor i called him names or made fun of him, when i saw his pictures( he was still alive at that time) i always felt sad, without a reason. I wasn't a hardcore fan, i liked some of his songs and some of his appearances, but now after his death i began to treasure him more.

Why does this even matter? The past is the past. What's the point in complaining? All that matters is that more and more people are learning about Michael the person and discovering the truth :)

Back