In Loving Memory of the cut acts in the Cirque du Soleil Michael Jackson Immortal World Tour

This is what they do when the rings 'support' doesn't work, when the computer isn't able to lift it at the right height, they have to cancel the number for this particular day, and they replace it by that, some musicians and dancers filling the stage. They don't know in advance that the lift will not work properly, they know it during the I'll be there video (if I understood right), so it's at the last minute. Then Plan B has to get on stage and dance to entertain the crowd for that song.

It happened couple of times since the beginning, not often though, it did happen in Quebec last March and we got that.

Makes sense but the point is that the song can be done without the rings and is still great so it makes no sense to cut it.

Makes sense but the point is that the song can be done without the rings and is still great so it makes no sense to cut it.

I know, I'd appreciate if they did that, but from what I've been told, this is not what they are planning. I thought it would be good to keep the song since it's the beginning of the Immortal Megamix and all.... But well, maybe they'll change their mind, we can just hope.. :)

Looks like the contract signing day was yesterday for the Immortals...
Comments seen on their Facebook page.

From one of the dancers:
Yavuz Topuz
Ok so thats how it is. The Arenas in Europe are much smaller than in the U.S.A so they gonna make the Show smaller.That means also that 13 Artist cant continiu the MJ Immortal World Tour after the America Tour. Unfortunatly I'm one of them :( I'm just glad that Cirque du Soleil likes my style and how to work with me so they gonna try to put me in one of the resident Shows in Vegas but at the Moment there is no dance spot free :( But hey i will never give up and try always to stay positiv. Of course not always easy :)

From the celloist:
Tina Guo
Very blessed to be doing this every night... and just renewed my contract today... signed until December 2013 and looking forward to hitting Mexico, Europe, Russia, and Asia starting this fall after we finish our North American leg! Last shows in America are in Los Angeles at Staples Center in August :)

Looks like the contract signing day was yesterday for the Immortals...
Comments seen on their Facebook page.

From one of the dancers:
Yavuz Topuz
Ok so thats how it is. The Arenas in Europe are much smaller than in the U.S.A so they gonna make the Show smaller.That means also that 13 Artist cant continiu the MJ Immortal World Tour after the America Tour. Unfortunatly I'm one of them :( I'm just glad that Cirque du Soleil likes my style and how to work with me so they gonna try to put me in one of the resident Shows in Vegas but at the Moment there is no dance spot free :( But hey i will never give up and try always to stay positiv. Of course not always easy :)

From the celloist:
Tina Guo
Very blessed to be doing this every night... and just renewed my contract today... signed until December 2013 and looking forward to hitting Mexico, Europe, Russia, and Asia starting this fall after we finish our North American leg! Last shows in America are in Los Angeles at Staples Center in August :)

The O2 Arena is bigger than many of the venues they've been playing in the USA so it can't be much a smaller show.

I have to say I'm gutted about some of these changes and I don't really know if I can be bothered to go all the way to London to see a show that's so much shorter than it began. The O2 is HUGE and can easily cope with the stuff they do in the states so it's a shame that the smaller venues they booked in Europe arer spoiling the fun for us UK people.

It sounds like lack of imagination if the only solution is to cut out performances instead of changing them a bit if necessary. That's just sad! :( I think I'm still going to go see the show (unless the feedback from the first Europe dates should change my mind), but I'm not that hyped any more.. -_-

I have to say I'm gutted about some of these changes and I don't really know if I can be bothered to go all the way to London to see a show that's so much shorter than it began. The O2 is HUGE and can easily cope with the stuff they do in the states so it's a shame that the smaller venues they booked in Europe arer spoiling the fun for us UK people.

I feel the same. I'm travelling down from Scotland to see it and it will cost a lot of money for hotel, train fares etc for my daughter and I and I'm disappointed about these changes-if they do indeed happen.

I want you guys to be able to see the same show I have seen. I would understand if they were improving it by adding more but cutting acts out altogether isn't nice.
You will still love it I am certain. Because it's Michael...:wub:

Happy to say that the show didn't have any change between May in Quebec city and July in Montreal.
At least! Changes I talked about are still maintained for the future though (Europe).

Curious to have your review when the show will be there.

Hopefully (unlikely) there might be a revamp for the European tour?

I would hate to think I'm not getting to see the full show

Shows are done for USA, the 13 artists that will be leaving the show have now only shows to go in Mexico before the end...

For those in Europe, please keep us updated when the show arrives to you so we know what's left of the show and if things have been added instead of just... taken out.

Last edited:
Read from some of the cast that Mexico was an incredible audience!

Good job guys! Continue to cheer as loud as you can and make it beautiful memories for those who'll do their numbers for the last time in your city in the next days before leaving the show.

Go Mexico!!!! :D

Here we are, tonight is the last night people will experience The Rings act in Can You Feel It and Dancing Machine, and WBSS increbly enjoyable number in the Immortal World Tour.

The goodbyes will surely be tough for them, but the future is hopefully bright.

For those who are going tonight, please.... Scream. Clap. Support them. Show them how they are loved!

I don't know if this means you Europeans can have some hope, but on Gianinni's facebook page, he just posted a video of the reahearsals for the Europe version of the show and at some point, we see Travis Payne on stage teaching a routine to some dancers and we then hear Michael's call ''Can you feel it'' in the arena.. Does that mean they'll keep the entire Immortal Megamix, including the Can You Feel It song and just replace the rings acrobat with a dancing number? I don't know, maybe, let's hope for you.

I don't know if this means you Europeans can have some hope, but on Gianinni's facebook page, he just posted a video of the reahearsals for the Europe version of the show and at some point, we see Travis Payne on stage teaching a routine to some dancers and we then hear Michael's call ''Can you feel it'' in the arena.. Does that mean they'll keep the entire Immortal Megamix, including the Can You Feel It song and just replace the rings acrobat with a dancing number? I don't know, maybe, let's hope for you.

Hi, I haven't been able to find the video on Gianinni's website, twitter or Facebook. Can you post a link?

I watched videos of it when they announced it, but i'm not sure its a show i can really enjoy alot. I DID enjoy Thriller Live, but that was 100% MJ in terms of how it looked, was sung and danced. I saw plenty of things in the CDS videos that didn't give me a MJ vibe at all. What's the price of a ticket? Just curious.

What am I going to see on the 12th of October?! All these cuts make me wary, I want a great show and new songs to compensate for the cuts.

Hi, I haven't been able to find the video on Gianinni's website, twitter or Facebook. Can you post a link?

It was on his facebook, but not on his youtube account, but looks like he deleted it from his facebook now (oops, maybe he got the Cirque angry at doing the video, even if we don't see much, hope it's not because of my post O_O )

So well, the video is gone, sorry :( Can't post a link...

Hi! So I do not work for this show (but I wish I do) and I have talked to some of the dancers, acrobats and musicians recently, and from what I have gathered, a large part of the cutting acts for Europe is because most of the arena's they will be traveling to in Europe are much smaller than the ones in the US. The rings act may be too dangerous for this small space if something was to go wrong, as well as having any flying back and fourth act (Dancing Machine or even the lifting part during Thriller). From what I was told by a friend who works on the tour, the Giving Tree was taken down because of (Quote on Quote) "It was a pain in the *** to move from city to city, or even to move in general." I understand and respect people's opinions about the giving tree, but I personally did not live that top of the giving tree because it made it hard to see the band up on the BBQ deck and the LCD screens above the band. As for the WBSS act, I don't completely understand why they cut that song. I do know that a few of the dancers were cut as well from the show, and maybe deep down in some technical aspect of the show, the size of the arena's in Europe may of affected it too. Anyway, despite the radical changes that had been made, It's still an awesome show, and I gotta see this show again in Europe!

Disappointed to hear that we won't be seeing the show as it was originally intended but still can't wait to see this in the 16th.

Little something checking what's left of the show in the teaser...

The first 15 seconds, those numbers will still be there and unchanged.

From 0:15 to 0:21, the Can you feel it number with the ring team will completely be removed from the show (but not the little Scream number we see in between)

From 0:21 to 0:24, will remain the same

From 0:24 to 0:27, it's WBSS number, which will also be completely removed for Europe

From 0:27 to 0:36, it should remain the same since THAT part of Dancing Machine doesn't change.

From 0:37 to 0:39, no changes except for the Twins who got fired.

From 0:39 to 0:43, THIS is the part of Dancing Machine that will be cut (you see the flying ring team behind the mime)

From 0:44 to 0:58, no changes there

At 0:59: This the Earth Song part with the mime stuck in the roots that has already been cut.

From 1:00 to 1:09, no changes

From 1:09 to 1:15, Thriller number won't ''change'' except that in the teaser you have the Giving Tree, which doesn't exist anymore.

From 1:16 to 1:40: no changes

From 1:41 til the end: you see WBSS and Can You Feel It, both will be cut for Europe, and a little of ring act in Dancing Machine, gonna be cut too, besides that, the pole dancer will still be there and besides the Giving Tree again, the rest will also stay.

Sorry for quoting myself hehehe, Just wanted to say that they just released a new trailer for the show, european version, without WBSS, without Can You Feel It, they weren't able (? they recorded every show... anyway) to cut out completely the Giving Tree or the rings team during Dancing Machine, but it's clear those numbers (CYFI and WBSS) are not part of the show anymore, maybe they'll keep the songs and change the numbers, but the new trailer says a lot. (At least they made a new trailer for the new version of the show, they probably heard little frustration from fans about false representation or something ;) )

Here is the new trailer:
[video]http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/shows/michael-jackson-tour/videos-extras/videos.aspx?splash=http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/shows/michael-jackson-tour/media/creator-videos/trailer.aspx[/video]

Went to the show in Amsterdam last night and I was happy to see wbss and cyfi are back in the show!

^yup, so was I. The audience finally stood up with CYFI.. I liked it but defintely not going again. Wasnt really worth it as manyyy songs ewere just performed while they swere dancing, which doesnt give you that 'WOW'thing you have to get when attending a circus show.. The only stunts were that they were hanging and dancing at the same time. I do understand that some stages may not be as big as other ones in different countries, bit they should've atleast said so. I mean c'mon..

Can safely say I think, that I enjoyed my time because his songs were being played.

I agree, plus I bought expensive floor seats but the ziggodome placed all the seats on the same level so I was watching the head of the man in front of me the whole show. Couldn't see anything that was happening on the lower part of the stage (which had most of the dancing acts). I would have been better off by buying the more cheaper seats up there. I expected more acrobatics, being a cirque show, but I had a good time listnening to Michael and watching him on the big screens.

Back