Hot topic In The Studio With Mj - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which songs from Bad were sped up exactly? In the past he has said “the dance tracks”, but that could mean a number of different things.

Is Dirty Diana considered a dance track? Was Another Part Of Me, which had already been featured in Captain EO also sped up? If so, that would have been done a long time before the other tracks.

Thank you for being so kind as to ask us @Beano Wild

Second this great question by @Fuzball
Hopefully there's a finished version of Price Of Fame

Could you ask if there's a finished version of In The Back?

Thanks again mate
I believe I heard from somebody (could be adez but I have no clue) that in the back ONLY had the version we had on TUC, just with an extended outro with maybe some more adlibs? I’m not entirely sure on the last part, but I know the first part is true.

Hello! Next Friday I will be heading to In The Studio With MJ in Belfast, and was wondering if anyone here has any questions for Brad I could ask. I’ll try to write down all of them hahah.
Wow, another fan from Belfast, hello!

I've been to several seminars.. The unreleased stuff, Brad only knows so much. Probably not what you're hoping. You're better off attending a rare seminar with Matt Forger or Bill Bottrell. Last seminar I went to was 5 years ago, so maybe Brad can shed more light on unreleased stuff, since he's always being asked. But just know he's not the greatest source of information as he came into these albums when they were at a later stage.

The question i’m dying to know: will TYLA ever be released as heard in the seminars? And when? Fans would go nuts for that song!

The question i’m dying to know: will TYLA ever be released as heard in the seminars? And when? Fans would go nuts for that song!
That's up to the estate, Brad isn't the one who decides what gets released and when. Every question regarding future releases comes down to this.

Last edited:
Please ask, if the estate knows about the existence of these songs:
Chicago 1945
Dream Away
Adore You
Changes
Water
Get Your Weight Off Of Me
Hot Street
Throwin' Your Life Away
Serious Effect

Couple things I’d like to reply to in the one message:

Wow, another fan from Belfast, hello!
I misread it before, but no I’m from down south, I’m making my way up north hahah
Na, I went to the Dublin one a few years back, I looked up the Belfast tickets and a Madonna ticket is cheaper lol
Yeah, the tickets are quite dear, but I don’t think I’d be getting the chance to go to in the studio again after this.
Ask Brad about “Boots Groove”- what era the song’s from and if it has any vocals. I’m curious about this track since it’s been played before in his seminars and is yet to surface online.
I believe boots groove is an instrumental from what I remember being told (again not sure, somebody correct me if I’m wrong), but it’s an instrumental with a good beat to it, I think it was dangerous but it could have been history too. Take it as 1990-1994. Still, will def ask him to describe/play it along with any other titles people might know he has.

Note to anyone I might’ve upset by saying some of this info, it would have come out either way from the questions I or others would have asked and I would have written down. I want a lot of questions in the MJJC to do with Brad to be killed in the next week (while still giving the incentive for people to go to the seminars) hahah.

& final question from me tonight: Was Bad Girl & California Grass written during Dangerous?

And after that could you describe your experience and what Brad said about certain songs & questions you asked?

Last edited:
@Beano Wild: can you ask please, if Brad does remember John "JR" Robinson playing drums to "Apocalypse Now" during Bad sessions

this is JR's quote from 2010, printed in Rhythm magazine:

"There was another track I did that never made it called "Apocalypse Now" that I wrote six and a half minutes of military drum cadences for. I brought in Don Wiliams, John Wiliams' brother, Dan Greco and Bob Zimetti and we recorded with four field snares, four piccolo snares, two sets of piatti and one gran casa. It was a very hip tune but it never made the record. I was kind of upset about that."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back