Hot topic In The Studio With Mj - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Beano Wild: can you ask please, if Brad does remember John "JR" Robinson playing drums to "Apocalypse Now" during Bad sessions

this is JR's quote from 2010, printed in Rhythm magazine:

"There was another track I did that never made it called "Apocalypse Now" that I wrote six and a half minutes of military drum cadences for. I brought in Don Wiliams, John Wiliams' brother, Dan Greco and Bob Zimetti and we recorded with four field snares, four piccolo snares, two sets of piatti and one gran casa. It was a very hip tune but it never made the record. I was kind of upset about that."

Very keen to learn more about Apocalypse Now too!

Small clarification: it is perhaps not a song from the Bad period but perhaps from the Invincible period. Indeed, in Brice Najar's book, he indicates that he worked on Cry, Apocalypse Now and another title. He clarified that Apocalypse Now could not have been on the record given the sounds of the record. Additionally, there is a BMI entry from Dr. Freeze on a song of the same name. Here's my guess that this may be an Invincible song.

^the Mexico deposition reveals that MJ himself wrote wrote a song called "Cry" prior to 1993
Yes quite. But I think more of the R Kelly song. Additionally, R Kelly and Dr. Freeze worked at almost the same time on Invincible.

I believe I heard from somebody (could be adez but I have no clue) that in the back ONLY had the version we had on TUC, just with an extended outro with maybe some more adlibs? I’m not entirely sure on the last part, but I know the first part is true.
I think Brad Buxer said (I think it was from the MJCast) he worked on the instrumental a little bit by himself after the version from The Ultimate Collection, he added some layers to it but MJ didn't record any more vocals than what we hear on The Collection.

Ask him about tomboy and turning me off if they have MJ vocals and men in black if she have verses mj

Ask him about tomboy and turning me off if they have MJ vocals and men in black if she have verses mj
Are you Irish as I’ve never heard anyone else call an inanimate object “she” hahah

Yeah I’ll def ask about turning me off, I don’t think man in black has vocals but I’ll ask if I’m out of questions.

Are you Irish as I’ve never heard anyone else call an inanimate object “she” hahah

Yeah I’ll def ask about turning me off, I don’t think man in black has vocals but I’ll ask if I’m out of questions.
My real language is Russian ask him about .all unreleased songs we did not heard yet

We already know that Tomboy and Turning Me Off have voices. Maybe you can listen to them. For Men In Black, I'm pretty sure Brad has the incomplete version we know.

One person who attended Brad's seminar mentioned an unreleased song:

There was another song I heard, a really sexual, dance r and b song, very different kind of style for Michael but absolutly BRILLIANT, could be a hit today no problem, totally complete, didnt get a title though.

I would love to know the name of this song if possible. Thanks again!

One person who attended Brad's seminar mentioned an unreleased song:

There was another song I heard, a really sexual, dance r and b song, very different kind of style for Michael but absolutly BRILLIANT, could be a hit today no problem, totally complete, didnt get a title though.

I would love to know the name of this song if possible. Thanks again!
Maybe it's. Named bio. Or maybe buffalo bill ?? Even it can be turning me off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back