Invincible appreciation thread

@Tony

I don't like it either, but I'm not offended by it. I'm not a fan of the song and hate the lyrics.

With regards the the other songs from other albums you mentioned Baby Be Mine, JGF, D.S. I actually love all those album tracks myself.

I think I'm done on Invincible for awhile. I've enjoyed it the past 4 days and it's somewhat better than I felt but yeah I have to be honest and say it's still probably not near the brilliance of the other albums. But.... I like it some.

I think I've reached a point where I don't know how I feel about it anymore.

I think it's okay to say, it's a good album it's just not up to the usual Michael Jackson standard.

You shouldn't feel dirty about saying that.

It's that stuff you've got in your internet browser you should be feeling dirty about.

I think it's okay to say, it's a good album it's just not up to the usual Michael Jackson standard.

You shouldn't feel dirty about saying that.

It's that stuff you've got in your internet browser you should be feeling dirty about.
Yeah you're right! I still recommend the MOV vinyl, still think it's a vast improvement and along with the unreleased tracks that later appeared on TUC, Michael and Xscape, think he made some of his best tracks during the Invincible sessions but the album doesn't cohesively put them all together.

As for the stuff on my browser; my fetish for "hotdogs and all the things you can do with them" was something I was hoping to keep private! I'll have you know our little chat room group consists of upstanding individuals all whom are a part of society, their well adjusted and normal functioning people. What's our crime exactly? Anyways, you've upset me now because again I feel I'm being judged! I'm off now to hang my head in shame!

:lol:

On a slightly different note, I think I might listen to the Destiny album, or maybe Triumph!

On a slightly different note, I think I might listen to the Destiny album, or maybe Triumph!

Just got my Jacksons ticket so its Triumph night tonight for me!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

1) Unbreakable
2) Heartbreaker (Without the rap)
3) Butterflies
4) Break Of Dawn
5) Blue Gangsta
6) She Was Loving Me
7) Hollywood Tonight
8) Speechless
9) 2000 Watts
10) You Are My Life
11) Xscape
12) A Place With No Name
13) The Lost Children
14) Whatever Happens
15) Threatened
16) We've Had Enough

Man that sounds like an amazing album. I should make this into a playlist I reckon :)

What's actually really cool about this playlist is that it's actually just about at the max length for a CD, which fits in MJ's post-91 tradition of filling it up to the max! Nice job.

TtjvjKP.png

For reference, I used the demos off Xscape (although I was tempted to use the 2014 version of Chicago/She Was Loving Me because the 2014 sound fit better than the 80s/90s sound the demo has), as well as a demo of Hollywood Tonight over the 2010 Michael version. The only song I'm missing is the intro-less version of You Rock My World, which has that classic MJ sound... but it wouldn't fit on the disc if they were to use this track-listing for real!

Last edited:
What's actually really cool about this playlist is that it's actually just about at the max length for a CD, which fits in MJ's post-91 tradition of filling it up to the max! Nice job.

TtjvjKP.png

For reference, I used the demos off Xscape (although I was tempted to use the 2014 version of Chicago/She Was Loving Me because the 2014 sound fit better than the 80s/90s sound the demo has), as well as a demo of Hollywood Tonight over the 2010 Michael version. The only song I'm missing is the intro-less version of You Rock My World, which has that classic MJ sound... but it wouldn't fit on the disc if they were to use this track-listing for real!

Thanks. I didn't include YRMW because I'm not the biggest fan of the song. I think the cringy intro doesn't help.

Back