INVINCIBLE & me

laeticia.fr

Proud Member
This is a thread to share your memories related to Invincible Album and everything happened in Invincible Era.

I have no good memories of that time.
My life was disastrous. Nothing was going right.
Neither my professionnal life nor my personal and family life.
In addition, major health problems have started ...
I haven’t bought the Invincible album at the day of its release, but several month later.
To be honest I have not listen so often.
My head was full of worries, I had no mood to enjoy music… :no:

Last edited:
This is the same with me, my world was very dark at the time and I was being bullied in school a lo and didn't fit in at home either, and my close friends that lived on my street (I mentioned them in "History & Me") had moved across the country. If only I could have turned to Michael, I might have seen more light, but I was too absorbed with my own life to look up. It is too bad because it is probably the time I needed him the most, he would have been a great role model for me.

If only I could have turned to Michael, I might have seen more light, but I was too absorbed with my own life to look up. It is too bad because it is probably the time I needed him the most, he would have been a great role model for me.

I'm just like you. Looks like it is me who wrote this. :mello:

Well, this period was BLISS and WORRY for me...

BLISS as due to my 'full time' job... I could see Michael as much as I wanted... I took days off and there I was 'feeling' his aura...

I went to MSG :swoon: I went to LONDON to the $ony demo and the Killer Thriller party :swoon:

I went to the $ony demo in NY and FAN award party in NY :swoon:

It was BLISS to be with Michael on all those 'occasions' but it was also WORRY as I worried about his safety... I already felt then they were out to KILL him... :doh:

i agree with you ^^. Michael was already being mistreated, bullied and threatened by media for no reason, and being threatened by lunatics and haters as a result, and all the aforementioned were threatening his life, yet everything was bouyed, stragely, by 911. People were forced to re evaluate many things, if only for that moment. Michael was hated by his own record label, biting the hand that feeds them. Yet Michael was willing to heal people with his Virgin Record Store Appearance, to calm fears that were enacted due to 911. He was an angel, as usual, and fans clamored. They knew he was a healing force during that tragic time for the USA. He didn't have to do it, considering how he was being treated. The fans acted like they did during the Beatles era...they stopped traffic and screamed for MJ as he appeared onstage outside on the New York streets in front of Virgin America record store. We didn't know it at the time, but this was the last of the era of the record store, before iTunes took over. It makes sense that with the stopping of Michael making full new studio album releases, record stores started to cease to exist.
I was also homeless at the time. The whole time was surreal to me. I needed Michael at that time, and i bought my copy of Invincible with its release. For so many reasons, including the turbulent times during its release, let alone the above top caliber music on it, It is my favorite album of all time. I've, since, bought thirty copies of it, and have re bought singles from it, outside those thirty times, as well.

The miraculous thing worth mentioning is that the bombings that happened during 911 happened during the time of Michael's thirtieth anniversary concerts at MSG, but never happened at the time was actually doing the concerts. The bombings happened the very next day, after he was done performing the last of the two concerts, and he was no where in the vicinity of the bombings, even though the bombings happened in the same city as the concerts and in the heart of the city. Both the bombings and the concerts happened in the heart of the same city.

Last edited:
The miraculous thing worth mentioning is that the bombings that happened during 911 happened during the time of Michael's thirtieth anniversary concerts at MSG, but never happened at the time was actually doing the concerts. The bombings happened the very next day, after he was done performing the last of the two concerts, and he was no where in the vicinity of the bombings, even though the bombings happened in the same city as the concerts and in the heart of the city. Both the bombings and the concerts happened in the heart of the same city.

Can you rephrase this? Your sentences are kind of very complicated in there. :p

In 2001, I was not yet a Michael fan, but I do remember really liking YRMW. But I was too young and not yet really into music listening to actively go out and buy his album. I regret it now, of course.

Can you rephrase this? Your sentences are kind of very complicated in there. :p

In 2001, I was not yet a Michael fan, but I do remember really liking YRMW. But I was too young and not yet really into music listening to actively go out and buy his album. I regret it now, of course.

sorry..i don't know how to do that. It's really how it happened. That's why it was surreal. I guess it's something you have to give time to think about.

I read in Jermaine book that Michael had planned Invincible Tour, but abandoned the project due to the circumstances of the time after 911.

To be honest, I’m very skeptical about Invincible Tour project. To my knowledge, nobody has ever mentionned it apart from Jermaine. Is there someone who knows more about it?

Yet, if ever Invincible World Tour had been taken place, Michael’s financial problem would have been totally different. And Michael would have been totally removed from the Arvizo, not only geographically but also in terms of affection. So Arviso case would not have occurred. Michael's life would have been unimaginably different.

And today, we could talk about Invincible era with joy. :bored2:

sorry..i don't know how to do that. It's really how it happened. That's why it was surreal. I guess it's something you have to give time to think about.

Indeed, it was surreal and damn right scary... I was there from the 4th till the 8th of July in 2001 as I could only afford 4 days NY and only 1 'very expensive' ticket that ate all my savings... :doh:

I did read that Michael was supposed to have a business meeting in the Twin Towers that faithful morning of the 9th but he overslept and so... :bugeyed I often think about HOW this 'saved' his life then :mello:

It's still even for me an EMOTIONAL thing to talk about 9/11 :bugeyed All this INNOCENT lives 'lost' in a split second...

I NEVER heard of an Invincible tour though :scratch:

I remember Michael wanted to 'invest' more of his time and creativity into 'directing' movies...

So, INVINCIBLE was a "Bliss and worry" period for me...

I did read that Michael was supposed to have a business meeting in the Twin Towers that faithful morning of the 9th but he overslept and so... :bugeyed I often think about HOW this 'saved' his life then :mello:

No, it was not Michael but Frank Cascio who had an appointment. This is explained in his book.
Frank had to go to Twin Tower September 11 early in the morning to get back a watch that Michael used the day before.
Frank has not been there, he was still in bed because he drank a lot and went to bed very late the night before.

After Michael and his three children stayed a few days with Cascios in NJ.

In my mind it is likely that the absence of an invincible tour is because of what Sony was doing to him trying to kill his alum. They wouldn't pay for a tour to promote it if they wanted it to fail.

The Invincible era was the first one I actually followed and enjoyed, even though it ended too quickly. I remember seeing the YRMW video for the first tiem on MTV Germany and I was just blown away. The I got the album, it was available in all cd stores. Then I waited for the second single (which I thought was going to be Unbreakable), and we got ''Cry'. I was really disappointed, and it quickly became clear that MJ was being sabotaged by Sony. The album quickly faded away and I couldn't realize why. I thought it was very sad and I still believe the album is underrated.

This is the album that is the reason I am an MJ fan. though not my favorite if my dance teacher had not liked YRMW we would never have done the 10 min long number to it, Billie jean, TDCAU, Beat It and Thriller, promting her to comment on the Thriller Video, leading me to search for more videos, causing me to become obsessed. I spent the whole invincible era trying to learn as much about Micheal as I could.

kaleen_jean;3731283 said:
This is the album that is the reason I am an MJ fan. though not my favorite if my dance teacher had not liked YRMW we would never have done the 10 min long number to it, Billie jean, TDCAU, Beat It and Thriller, promting her to comment on the Thriller Video, leading me to search for more videos, causing me to become obsessed. I spent the whole invincible era trying to learn as much about Micheal as I could.

You learned dancing at that time. That's great. :D
I'd like to hear more of your memories in detail, when you were learning to dance on Michael’s music. ;D
What were the difficulties? What was the reaction of others, I mean, the teacher and other students? How did you dress to dance? What was your joy? What was your favorite song to dance? What dance moves did you like? What are your best memories? etc, etc :dancing:

well for a start the actual order of the songs was billie jean, thriller, beat it, TDCAU (sped way the heck up) and YRMW except for one competition where we only did YRMW with the Acapela version to start it.
5 years prior there was a guy who danced at the studio and he was a big MJ fan. He had asked Miss M. (I'm not going to post full names, just to cover my butt) if he could do an MJ number. She said no, that she would never do a MJ peice but if she ever did he would play MJ. She was wrong and he got to be MJ.
My mom made his sparkly jackets (one white worn for the first 3 songs and a blue one for the other 2) and socks.
I was one of 30 "backup dancers" in this number. we wore white body suits with black pleather collars and pants, 1 pair each of black and white gloves, coloured masks for thriller, fedoras (of course) but only in billie jean and YRMW. and white cuffs with big black buttons painted on.
I loved the number but was the only one who loved it as much as I did. after the thriller vid the second on I watched was either 1988 live at MTV MVA's Man in the mirror or YRMW full version.
the number was the second of 2 ten min "Productions" we did that year the other was midevial themed. MJ Style did not do as well as hoped but the audiances Loved it. I still own both my copy of the video, a photo of the group and an add for the studio out of the paper.
This was my fifth year of competive dance and I was 13. I would dance 3 more years in competitions but never loving it as much as I had that year. Eventually I danced at my high school (my last comp year was my first high school year) and it was the fact that they danced to MJ music that got me to join. (Mostly bad era music but also thriller and 2000 watts)
Fav song smooth criminal but it got replaced by TDCAU which I was not in. then it was YRMW

Last edited:
@kaleen_jean

You've participated in dance competitions when you were teen. That’s great. :yes:
I think all your good memories of this period would be ineffaceable for the rest of your life. :happy:
Your mother was really cooperative for clothing, it's amazing. You were so lucky having such a nice mum. :)
I guess you keep dancing, even if you no longer take lessons at dance school. :beatit:

In the world of dancers, Michael is almost equivalent to God, (or if the word is not good, we can say the King of Dance). This is what I had read in a dancers’ forum somewhere else just after Michael’s passing.
I also read something like : it is not really the techniques that count; there are dancers who can dance technically better than Michael, but Michael had something else that no other dancer has, and it is this thing that put Michael above all other dancers in the world and makes the dance perfect...

I’m not able to express well. I'm not a dancer and I had read the dancers forum in a foreign language I don’t really master. :(
If anyone can express better and explain about ‘this thing’ only Michael possess, I'll be glad. ;D

Anyway when I think that in the whole world, young dancers learn to dance MJ with the utmost respect and admiration for Michael, it warms truly my heart, :blush: and this especially when I think this is not only in the past and present, but in the future, from generation to generation. :happy:
When I think of all the future generations who will learn to dance MJ, I'm in a great emotion, I become speechless with emotion. :cupid:
:moonwalk

I once listened to an interveiw for Ones, I don't remember who said this but they basicly said if you study dance you need to study MJ. Yes his technical abilities may not have been Ballet professinal but his ability to listen to the music (it choreographed the dances not him according to the Oprah interveiw in '93) and to learn a new dance in a couple of moments really push him to the top.

How are you doing, my dear friends ?
I’m sorry having disappeared suddenly.
I have the impression having come back to “my”Invincible Era, I mean, in a period all were doing wrong.
I have a lot of problems right now. The beginning was in October. Since, I got more and more troubles I cannot manage by my own without aide of some experts in each field.
Te be honest, I am depressed, I see nothing in future… I also suffer from sleep disturbance.
I think of Michael who has lived the life 10.000 times more hard than mine. I admire his courage and strength, which I have not for the moment.
I just want to say I love you all and I’m thinking of you.

laeticia.fr;3750632 said:
How are you doing, my dear friends ?
I’m sorry having disappeared suddenly.
I have the impression having come back to “my”Invincible Era, I mean, in a period all were doing wrong.
I have a lot of problems right now. The beginning was in October. Since, I got more and more troubles I cannot manage by my own without aide of some experts in each field.
Te be honest, I am depressed, I see nothing in future… I also suffer from sleep disturbance.
I think of Michael who has lived the life 10.000 times more hard than mine. I admire his courage and strength, which I have not for the moment.
I just want to say I love you all and I’m thinking of you.

PLEASE take care of yourself, Laeticia :better:

GET all the HELP you deserve to get back on your feet...

If you wanna TALK or just NEED a listening ear, I'm HERE for you :yes:

Please take good care of yourself, we love you! We are always here if you need anything :heart:

Back