Is it possible to deactivate account?

staywild23

Premium Member
Country
United-States
I'm sorry if this is covered elsewhere. I feel like I saw something about this when I first joined, but I'm struggling to find it now. But is there a way to deactivate your account on here? Not delete, but deactivate. I know most social media platforms have that option when people need a break, but I wasn't sure if MJJC does.

Thanks.

@staywild23 🫂
It's perhaps a little awkward in a Help thread like this, but I just wanted to send you some good vibes. I know how you feel, and I feel similarly (though I'm not looking to deactivate). However, I am considering taking a break, and it's most likely for similar reasons as you are.

I'll make it short, since I don't wanna derail as it'd be inappropriate here. But your feelings are valid, and I'm very sorry.

Oh you gals, at least come to the party :(

There is no option for such things. Most forums don't gives people the freedom to delete or deactivate their account, I know from experience. The only option you have is giving your password to hiker or gaz who then could change it so you can't log in anymore. Before you do that make sure you have a random password and not something super personal.

Either way all the best to you @staywild23 it was fun knowing you.

@staywild23 🫂
It's perhaps a little awkward in a Help thread like this, but I just wanted to send you some good vibes. I know how you feel, and I feel similarly (though I'm not looking to deactivate). However, I am considering taking a break, and it's most likely for similar reasons as you are.

I'll make it short, since I don't wanna derail as it'd be inappropriate here. But your feelings are valid, and I'm very sorry.
Thanks for saying all of this! I appreciate it ❤️ I have no doubt we have similar feelings and reasons. I'm sending you all my good vibes too 🫶

Also, @Hiker and @filmandmusic I am not really looking to leave permanently. I just wanted to know my options for a more formal break. I think I just need a little time away from the fandom (I deleted my Twitter because that's no real loss). But I don't want to leave forever.

If there's not a way to deactivate that's fine. I might just give myself a 2 week hiatus or something. Maybe a little longer, idk. Anyway I appreciate all the helpful and supportive comments!

@staywild23 I'm afraid there isn't such a thing due to the effects this has on the flow of discussions around the board.

The only thing I can do for you is reset your password and email address so you can't gain access to your account, once you wish to come back you will need to email me at contact@mjjcommunity.com which I will then share with you what your access details are.

Only I can do this so please direct all coms to me.

Obviously, I would prefer you to stay but it's understandable if things are getting on top of you, of course, my inbox is always open should this be an issue you have with your participation here.

I think I just need a little time away from the fandom (I deleted my Twitter because that's no real loss). But I don't want to leave forever.

I might just give myself a 2 week hiatus or something. Maybe a little longer, idk. Anyway I appreciate all the helpful and supportive comments!
Much love and warm hugs.

@staywild23 I'm afraid there isn't such a thing due to the effects this has on the flow of discussions around the board.

The only thing I can do for you is reset your password and email address so you can't gain access to your account, once you wish to come back you will need to email me at contact@mjjcommunity.com which I will then share with you what your access details are.

Only I can do this so please direct all coms to me.

Obviously, I would prefer you to stay but it's understandable if things are getting on top of you, of course, my inbox is always open should this be an issue you have with your participation here.

Thank you for clarifying and explaining, Gaz. I appreciate you and everything you do ❤️

• Love
Reactions: Gaz
Back