Jackson family tribute concert / October 8th, 2011 / Initial details @ post 87

Do you plan to attend Michael Forever Tribute?

• Yes

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 162 91.0%

• Total voters
Once again, my post was DELETED, but the one accussing non-Jackson fans of destroying MJ's legacy were NOT. I'm not suprised honestly...so juvenile. It's getting rediculous and at the same time, typical. I have nothing left to say on it...its not worth it and they're not worth it to ME.

@Victory...I KNOW exactly what you mean...TRUTH! DM me, please. My posting may slow down, just so you know...

@marebear...I know just how you feel...I've become disallusioned with ALOT of things...except my LOVE for MJ, everything else, can go to hell...

Last edited:
I've noticed people talking about the poll. Just to remind you all that the poll asks if we will ATTEND the tribute concert. Some people here are acting like everyone who voted "No" is strongly against it.

Annie and Marebear you can call me disillusioned as well.
I didn't just wake up one morning and think I want to be really angry at the Jackson's. But since I did find myself angry with them I thought that this would be a safe place to express it. Instead I have been left feeing like I am incredibly hateful and judgemental.

And to be honest I don't think my feelings about Michael's family have been out of line. I just can"t ignore actions that disregard Michael's wishes. I don't think I need to say what they are since they have been well documented.

When I read that Michael would be angry and hurt at what has been said about his mother and other family members it makes me think. Would he really?
For some reason I feel like he would love how so many are so fiercly protective of him.
We roar so because we love Michael and his kids. Not because we hate the Jackson's.

When I read that Michael would be angry and hurt at what has been said about his mother and other family members it makes me think. Would he really?

You're right, Michael would love to see people hating on his 81 year old mother.

:hugs: ilmj...Exactly, but let me say this, I stand behind EVERYTHING I have EVER said on here, and will continue to. I back down from noone and have NO fear in my heart, as we all bleed the same color=RED. Now, don't let anyone, including anyone on here, make you feel any kind of way. They have their opinion, and you have yours, but if it gets to a point where you feel you are being censored, there are other options...I'm a leader, NOT a follower, and I march by my own drum, whether it be an army of one, myself. My mother once told me, "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything". And that's my philosophy on life, and how I live mine. You're NOT being judgemental, you're simply calling bs, on what you have seen and heard, a logical approach to me. If others feel glorious about the Jackson's, let them. I'm just a person that doesn't like to hear the moaning, groaning, and bitching, when they are let down...it's like "WTF did you expect!? When someone shows you who they are, believe them... I simply call a spade a spade. The TRUTH, is the TRUTH, is the TRUTH, and no amount of foolishness and self-aggrandizing will change that.

None of these people can say with 100% certainty what MJ would have felt about what we said about his family, for if we look back at some of MJ's interviews, he said more than enough about his FAMILY on his own...so, his feelings were out there, and he pretty much said some of the same things, only in better words. He point blank stated his brothers were lazy, etc. that's on tape. He even talks about his FATHER, and being used as a cash register, again, that's on tape. So, it would be ignorant to think this man didn't know or feel some kind of way about his family, regardless of relation. Heck, I have family members that I wish I had no interaction with, and it's the TRUTH. MJ was also about TRUTH, something some overlook. If you are going to be about TRUTH, you're about the WHOLE TRUTH, not just the parts you want to pick and choose.

Exactly, to your last statement. I fight for MJ and his kids, NOT his family, and this is where my loyalty lies, regardless again, of relation. We also roar because we see the same things happening to these innocent children that happened to their father, since he was a child. He was NEVER treated as a PERSON, but a freaking COMMODITY, and now his children are being destined to the same fate. MJ's death has served no purpose to these people other than, money. They've learned NOTHING from his tortured life or death, even when he spoke out about it, in hopes that his FAMILY would hear him out, and change. The man's death, appears to be in vain, and that's what's sickening.

Annie and Marebear you can call me disillusioned as well.
I didn't just wake up one morning and think I want to be really angry at the Jackson's. But since I did find myself angry with them I thought that this would be a safe place to express it. Instead I have been left feeing like I am incredibly hateful and judgemental.

And to be honest I don't think my feelings about Michael's family have been out of line. I just can"t ignore actions that disregard Michael's wishes. I don't think I need to say what they are since they have been well documented.

For some reason I feel like he would love how so many are so fiercly protective of him.
We roar so because we love Michael and his kids. Not because we hate the Jackson's.

Though I agree with most of the consensus here, I really don't want this to fail because in the end the only person that will be "hurt" and ridiculed if it fails will be Michael.

Alayasha, why would Michael be hurt and ridiculed if it fails? Everyone knows this is not a well prepared tribute and that Michael has nothing to do with it. Everyone knows this tribute lacks everything Michael stood for (and now with the promotion that his children will attend) this tribute is turning into an offense to everything that Michael was: the artist, the son, the father and the greatest humanitarian of all times.

I don't think Michael will be held accountable for this, but his family will, and maybe then they might realize that they have to make it on their own. Michael was the golden child in the Jackson family and that caused him tremendous pain, physical and emotional. If the tribute fails even with the presence of PPB then, let it fail; maybe the failure won't let history to repeat again.

Tomorrow's press annoucement or whatever it is will try to glam up the event as much as possible, and for sure, a few bones will be thrown at us. I wouldn't be surprised if Katherine says how excited Michael's children are to take part, "Grandma, we really want to do this for daddy...". This is one of their last chances to get those registrations coming, if Tuesday really is the deadline.

If there aren't sufficient registrations, I don't forsee the tribute happening. Even if there are enough registrations, there is no guarantee that they will all translate into actual purchases. If the actual purchases are insufficient, the tribute still won't happen. This is not some make money for the Jacksons charity, the organisers are looking to break-even and make profit too. I'm not holding my breath for this to happen at the moment. Given the circumstances, there is a huge possibility the whole thing will get called off.

FACT: MJ is NOT here, and we ARE NOT MJ and YOU don't know what MJ's true feelings may have been...if saying the TRUTH is considered HATING, then sign me right on up, on that HATING list.

Don't take the bait. It is the same memebers who try to antagonize others, hiding behind walls.

But we can do something about it. Here is some of the ways: If we do not buy tickets and there are not enough seats sold, then the show will be cancelled. If you buy many tickets and there are enough to cover costs and profits, the show will go on. So you see humans are not just aimless things in the universe without will and force, and do have the ability to cause change and events in the world.

And I may add Taimeka that God is behind that ability we have to cause change. That is why he gave us a will and all the other things that go with it, but I digress.

Well said!!!

Don't take the bait. It is the same memebers who try to antagonize others, hiding behind walls.

Thank you Rhilo...I said that to myself too late. It's put back on IGNORE!

You guys do know there is an IGNORE option, right?

You don't have to acknowledge those pesky, argument-baiting & annoying posters. No sir... thanks to my board sister @Twinklee for showing me how to add these folks to my ignore list.

Tomorrow's press annoucement or whatever it is will try to glam up the event as much as possible, and for sure, a few bones will be thrown at us. I wouldn't be surprised if Katherine says how excited Michael's children are to take part, "Grandma, we really want to do this for daddy...". This is one of their last chances to get those registrations coming, if Tuesday really is the deadline.

If there aren't sufficient registrations, I don't forsee the tribute happening. Even if there are enough registrations, there is no guarantee that they will all translate into actual purchases. If the actual purchases are insufficient, the tribute still won't happen. This is not some make money for the Jacksons charity, the organisers are looking to break-even and make profit too. I'm not holding my breath for this to happen at the moment. Given the circumstances, there is a huge possibility the whole thing will get called off.

I hope so too, for PPB sake; especially for Blanket. He always seems uncomfortable in front of the cameras.
It's bad, but i wish this tribute never happens.

I'm sure Michael would be DEVASTATED by the willful, premeditated actions of his 81 year old mother that undermine everything he loved and stood for.

Thank you for this Victory. In my world questioning ones motives doesn't equal hating.

Annie, thank you for understanding:)

You're right, Michael would love to see people hating on his 81 year old mother.

I think he'd be too busy being outraged and appalled by the way his children have been used for PR purposes, than caring what some strangers think of his mother.

Where is it meme? I'd gladly like to use it!
rlglnb.gif

You guys do know there is an IGNORE option, right?

You don't have to acknowledge those pesky, argument-baiting & annoying posters. No sir... thanks to my board sister @Twinklee for showing me how to add these folks to my ignore list.

Last edited:

Very True. I keep telling people this all the time. Ignore those who make statements simply to antagonize or create conflict. By now we should all know who these people are.

I really do not see a great number of tickets being sold for the organizers to make a profit, unless the UK and other European fans are buying many tickets.

You really think it's possible for it to be cancelled? What about the support this tribute is receiving on it's Facebook page?

I think he'd be too busy being outraged and appalled by the way his children have been used for PR purposes, than caring what some strangers think of his mother.

^^Oh Oh serendipity you took the bait. Remember, ignore statements that only serve to cause conflict and not for enhancing discussions and debates. This is a trying time for us so lets all pull together and practice self-control and not take the bait. Going forward this should be our law.

You really think it's possible for it to be cancelled? What about the support this tribute is receiving on it's Facebook page?

I belive it could if they dont get enough ticket sales or if they dont get enough performers on the show

^^Me too. The only way to get many sales is if the fans of the artists who are performing come out in large numbers. To me, few Michael fans will turn out to hear these artists sing his songs. I could be wrong, but that is my feeling. I think the majority of ticket buyers will be fans of the artists and those who feel if the tribute does not happen, the media will blame Michael.

Aquarius, as Ivy reminded me today, she only see to legal matters in court that involves the inheritance.

Where is the guardian ad litem?

Better question would be does the guardian ad litem even care? Lots of stuff have happened since Michael died and we always ask where the guardian ad litem was in all this and nada. No appearance to stop all this nonsense. Feels like the kids have no guardian ad litem at all.

Back