Jackson family tribute concert / October 8th, 2011 / Initial details @ post 87

Do you plan to attend Michael Forever Tribute?

• Yes

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 162 91.0%

• Total voters
Guardian ad litem is put into to place to protect Michael's kids rights in the ESTATE RELATED matters. Her duty is to make sure that the deals Executor's doing are for the benefit of the kids and their money is being protected (even from other beneficiaries and creditors). She does not oversee the way they are raised or living.

You really think it's possible for it to be cancelled? What about the support this tribute is receiving on it's Facebook page?

I believe so, provided registrations or sales are poor. They would call it off if at least 75% of the tickets don't sell, because it doesn't make business sense not to.

I believe so, provided registrations or sales are poor. They would call it off if at least 75% of the tickets don't sell, because it doesn't make business sense not to.

I still highly doubt this concert will be cancel. There are still many fans who will be more than willing to pay for this event. Even Jermaine was able to get a decent audience for his show. Despite its quality people still cheered him on, although they could have been trolling him. They may have to severely cut the price of the tickets to almost peanuts and may even have to give some tickets away as some type of prize like they did for the Victory Tour, but I think they will do everything in their power to make sure this concert goes through.

At this point, the entire family's rep, what's left of it, is on the line and I think even they know they can't screw up and have to do a show of some type to save face. I think by the end this concert will become more about the Jacksons' pride than money or 'honoring' Michael.

^Jermaine probably managed to get an audience because the ticket prices weren't so high, and it was a relatively low-key event sans the media scrutiny and fan disgust. Agree, a drastic cut in prices will help tickets sell. If not, I think they will have a hard time filling those seats. They've already been forced to scrap the system of preference for highest donor pledges. At the current prices, I believe a cancellation is likely, but as you said with a price reduction the show can probably go on.

I still highly doubt this concert will be cancel. There are still many fans who will be more than willing to pay for this event. Even Jermaine was able to get a decent audience for his show. Despite its quality people still cheered him on, although they could have been trolling him. They may have to severely cut the price of the tickets to almost peanuts and may even have to give some tickets away as some type of prize like they did for the Victory Tour, but I think they will do everything in their power to make sure this concert goes through.

At this point, the entire family's rep, what's left of it, is on the line and I think even they know they can't screw up and have to do a show of some type to save face. I think by the end this concert will become more about the Jacksons' pride than money or 'honoring' Michael.

I agree. They have played the believers card, and now they're playing the kids card, which might work for a lot of people.

Even if all the performing members of the family have to go on stage 10 times, because of the lack of artists, I think they'll go ahead with it. I am not worried about Michael's name behind stained by this, I've said it before. But his kids being used in such a shameless manner, I can't get over.

Same here. I don't care about the Jacksons and what they do but the moment they involved the kids in their mess it got too ugly for me not to notice

Of course nothing is black and white. They all have reasons to do what they do. KJ wants to know her other kids will be financially ok. I strongly believe it's the explanation for everything she's been doing. Of course, I speculate b/c she has not told me. She's a mother. She persuaded Michael to stay in the Jacksons a bit longer even when he wanted out : "you dont need your brothers, but your brothers need you". She tried to convince him several times to keep working with them, instead of with "outsiders".
She's a "family first" kind of woman. I s t h a t b a d? N o o n e wo u l d e v e r s a y t h a t.

I would like to contradict you most politely, Ben.

Maybe sometime in quieter times the possibility comes up for a principle discussion. This should go detached from Katherine Jackson.
I hold the rule "Familiy First" for extremely problematic namely in multiple regard.
For one aspect Michael Jackson is a good example....

About the rest of your posting I am with you to the same opinion.

It all seems so rushed so I don't expect it to become big spectacular show, just some people performing some of Michaels songs on a stage.
I think they planned the tribute so suddenly because they feel the Cirque show breathing down their necks.
Once Cirque kicks off, there is no need for a tribute concert anymore so it's now or never for them.

I agree. They have played the believers card, and now they're playing the kids card, which might work for a lot of people.

Even if all the performing members of the family have to go on stage 10 times, because of the lack of artists, I think they'll go ahead with it. I am not worried about Michael's name behind stained by this, I've said it before. But his kids being used in such a shameless manner, I can't get over.

Excellent points, but I'm on the fence on this. They could get out of the concert and save some face by using the trial card, and say something like "after much more thought, we have decided to postpone the tribute until after the trial."

I think it all really will come down to ticket sales and costs to Global. I think thousands will register just to register because well, that's what folks do. But the people who actually put their credit card on the line is a different story.

IF the ticket prices are significantly slashed, YEAH, the tickets will all sell, and the show will go on. But then if they are selling them at bargain basement, they can take a hit in the pride department with the media saying that's the only way the tickets could sell. Plus, Global doesn't give a hoot about the Jacksons' or their pride or reps. They're in this for profit, and if it looks like they're going to be bankrupt on this thing (like what happened I believe to Jermaine's tribute promoters and they didn't even put on the show), it's very possible Global will just pull the plug.

Last edited:
I would like to contradict you most politely, Ben.
Maybe sometime in quieter times the possibility comes up for a principle discussion. This should go detached from Katherine Jackson.
I hold the rule "Familiy First" for extremely problematic namely in multiple regard.
For one aspect Michael Jackson is a good example....

I just want to clarify what I said : I'm a "charity begins where it's most needed" kind of person. I certainly don't agree with that idea I have of KJ's motivations. But I have the impression that, unlike me, a lot of people agree with the "family first" thing.
Sorry for the digression.

Back OT. :)

^Jermaine probably managed to get an audience because the ticket prices weren't so high, and it was a relatively low-key event sans the media scrutiny and fan disgust. Agree, a drastic cut in prices will help tickets sell. If not, I think they will have a hard time filling those seats. They've already been forced to scrap the system of preference for highest donor pledges. At the current prices, I believe a cancellation is likely, but as you said with a price reduction the show can probably go on.

My position is very much the same as Rhilo's. I believe it still can get cancelled.

After they open the site for registration, I logged on just so I can see things for myself....and was happily surprised I went through without a hitch. I think registration will be low and Global Live, will have to decide if the financial risk is worth it.

If Michael-written songs will be performed, they need estate permission to 1) sell the rights to TV; 2) sell DVDs of the show, that's where they could make really good money, even if the stadium isn't profitable.

So I don't think just the stadium show on its own will be lucrative. The real money is in distribution.

ETA Can you all imagine a tribute without, Billie Jean, Beat it, Don't stop 'til you get enough, wanna be starting something, heal the world....????? I am sure they can easily get the rights to MITM, Human Nature (This guy let everyone & anyone sample that song), Off the wall, the Motown catalogue etc,...

Just too weird to even fathom...

Last edited:
At the end of the day its about profit.if they dont make a profit or cut even theres no reason for the promoters to go through with it as its about making money they arent doing it for the love of mj.who knows what its costing to rent the stadium and the fees for staff there.but u can bet the artists wont be getting much considering who they are and the notion its a tribute show. Time will tell whether ego will push this show on regardless. And i doubt we will know the truth about how many have registared as the promoters will push the p.r angle. 80000 is alot of tiks to sell when the prices are so high and u have a list of artists where only a few at the most actually have some sort of fanbase. Maybe prices will be slashed but then it comes back to the profit issue

im sure alex burke will get a call now.as they will take anyone offering their services

You really think it's possible for it to be cancelled? What about the support this tribute is receiving on it's Facebook page?

Having read all of the commments on the FB page over the last few days, I would estimate that about 25-30% are 'PR' commments and about another 30% are negative comments. Many people may have 'liked' the page just to make it easy to follow......

I notice that many former British X-factor contestants are managed by the same company, 'Modest!' management, including JLS, Leona Lewis and Alexandra Burke. I wonder if any of the additional acts will be drawn from the same 'stable'...eg Joe McElderry, Olly Murs, Ray Quinn, One Direction, Lemar etc
http://www.modestmanagement.com/

Last edited:
Having read all of the commments on the FB page over the last few days, I would estimate that about 25-30% are 'PR' commments and about another 30% are negative comments. Many people may have 'liked' the page just to make it easy to follow......

I notice that many former British X-factor contestants are managed by the same company, 'Modest!' management, including JLS, Leona Lewis and Alexandra Burke. I wonder if any of the additional acts will be drawn from the same 'stable'...eg Joe McElderry, Olly Murs, Ray Quinn, One Direction, Lemar etc
http://www.modestmanagement.com/

Not doubting you, but what make you believe that some of the posts are PR?

Anyway, I don't see this drawing a big overseas crowd, but I do think fans within the UK and he surrounding area may be interested. We just have to wait and see. If this get cancel, great. I just don't want to get my hopes up, however.

I won't be attending. I would absolutely love to hear one of my favourite artists, Leona Lewis, sing a tribute to my favourite all time artist, but the ticket cost is too high, I know Michael wouldn't approve of that. Plus it's not got the Estate's approval. I do hope it goes well though for those who attend and perform.

ETA Can you all imagine a tribute without, Billie Jean, Beat it, Don't stop 'til you get enough, wanna be starting something, heal the world....????? I am sure they can easily get the rights to MITM, Human Nature (This guy let everyone & anyone sample that song), Off the wall, the Motown catalogue

Excatly there cant be a mj tribute without THOSE SONGS! mj is those songs period! They are apart of who mj was & stood for

Just went to the FB page, and all the sudden it's filled with mostly positive comments which I found odd. The administrator of the page still doesnt seem to know much and can't answer the questions about the registration system. And I found these which are really strange :

Capture1-1.png

Capture3.png

This Edwards guy is also the one who posted that :

Capture-1.png

Last edited:
http://[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/ztributeconcertprcommen.jpg/][/URL]
Not doubting you, but what make you believe that some of the posts are PR?Anyway, I don't see this drawing a big overseas crowd, but I do think fans within the UK and he surrounding area may be interested. We just have to wait and see. If this get cancel, great. I just don't want to get my hopes up, however.

Interestingly, I went back to pick up some examples but a number seem to have disappeared...I did take the occasional screen shot, like this one, and one of the posters (initials B B) no longer seems to be on facebook. (I saved this a couple of days ago ... don't know hw to get this up to a larger size!)

This is a more recent post:

Hey Dudes, just got off the phone with one of my old roadies who is doing this gig and the thing is wild man. Stage set is the biggest thing ever. Special effects like we've never seen man. not just big dudes, it's AWSOME
yes this is am impressive line up and I think its time the fans that dont like it stop complaining. If ya dont like it - dont go and just shut up

Last edited:
And, genuine you think?

Capture2.png

In case you don't know Ronnie Fantastic, this is from his blog :

Welcome to the Adventures of Ronnie Fantastic.

All the Music Biz gossip & everything else music.

Ronnie toured the world for many years as a guitar roadie and is now a London based motorcycle courier infiltrating the music business daily from the bottom up.

^They can perform any song they want.

They can sing any song they want, but I don't think they can sell the rights to show the concerts without the bless for the estate. For example, if they people running the concert wanted to record the tribute and sell it on DVD, they can't do it without the estate saying yes. I think it is the same for any Pay-per-view deals they might make in the future.

However, you will have to talk to Ivy to get more detail since I have only very basic information on this subject.

And, genuine you think?

Capture2.png

In case you don't know Ronnie Fantastic, this is from his blog :

Welcome to the Adventures of Ronnie Fantastic.

All the Music Biz gossip & everything else music.

Ronnie toured the world for many years as a guitar roadie and is now a London based motorcycle courier infiltrating the music business daily from the bottom up.

Well, depends if he is a motorcycle courier or just got off the road with his band...but I guess he is infiltrating the music biz!

Sorry for the double post, but I really don't see how that justify the higher ticket prices. Even if the arena is four time the size I am almost certain that TII would had taken more time and people to put together given the pure scale of what Michael wanted. He also had the best in the business he had to pay and also there is the rent since everyone was going to live in London for a couple of months. Not to mention to maintain the stage for 50 shows and not just a one night deal.

There is also the fact that we are talking about Michael Jackson. He could had easily overcharge for seating and still sell out the O2 50 times. So, I am not really buying this excuse.

LMAO! All this talk of stadium capacity, set designs and high ticket prices compared to TII. Are they seriously trying to tell us that this tribute concert is gonna be better than anything Michael did or was planning to do (i.e. This is it)?

lol-cat-funny.png

Best joke I head for the day. Geez they need to get real.

I believe the organizers are behind this ridiculous & disrespectful story...they are working hard for the conspiracy theorists' money

Conspiracy theorists claims Michael Jackson still alive and due to appear at Cardiff tribute concert

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...tribute-concert-91466-29230239/#ixzz1V0o46CVv

WACKO fans of Michael Jackson have claimed the Thriller singer is alive – and due to make his comeback on a Welsh stage later this year.

Conspiracy theories have swirled around the late King of Pop ever since his death in 2009, with supposed “sightings” of the singer alive and well cropping up around the world.

But in a strange twist, fans are now claiming their idol will make a shock comeback in front of millions of TV viewers at a Michael Jackson tribute concert due to take place at Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium on October 8. Die-hard fans claim a trail of shadowy “clues” all point to a comeback, including:

n The decision to hold the show in Cardiff is a reference to the Cardiff Giant, one of the best-known hoaxes to have ever taken place (see panel).

n The tribute concert will take place on the same date as a tribute to Elvis Presley 17 years ago, which Jacko attended with his then-wife and Elvis’ daughter Lisa-Marie Presley.

n A mystery tweet sent by producer Teddy Riley, who worked with Jacko, is supposed to have hinted October 8 will be the day he “rose from the dead”.

n A message posted on the official website for the tribute concert purporting to be from Jacko’s mum, Katherine, saying: “I’ll see you on October 8, 2011”, which fans believe is actually from the King of Pop himself.

n The choice of Wales is a reference to Diana, the Princess of Wales, whose former father-in-law Mohammed Al Fayed erected a statue of Michael Jackson outside Fulham Football Club earlier this year. Fans claim the statue is so poor it can only be part of an elaborate hoax.

n The logo for the concert’s promoter, Global Live Events, appears to have the word “alive” in it.

The bizarre claims have been made in forums on conspiracy websites dedicated to the King of Pop.

Meanwhile, conspiracy theorists have left messages on an official Facebook page set up for October’s concert to “spread the word”.

One blogger, Suspicious Mind, wrote: “Funny thing, this Cardiff Giant thing. Kind of makes me think of a hoax within a hoax within a hoax.”

It comes days after the concert’s line-up was finally announced, with performances from stars including Christina Aguilera, X Factor singer Leona Lewis, soul legend Smokey Robinson, Cee Lo Green and boy band JLS.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...tribute-concert-91466-29230239/#ixzz1V0nxpKAy

Last edited:
It comes from the organizers. A few pages back, Ivy posted an article with a statement from Hunt

"It will not be less than four hours long and, rather than looking like a massive outdoor festival, we can create an intimate atmosphere that Michael would be proud to perform in.
"We wanted to do something decent and worthy of Michael's musical genius yet something fun and authentic that you would envision Michael attending with excitement and joy, surrounded by talent that he respected and loved."

Of course they're using the believers beliefs. It's cruel and disgusting.

That was the first thing they tried before using the kids.

from day 1 they were aiming at hoax believers. so I suppose their target is believers and PPB fans. they might get 70,000 sales, I guess we'll see it soon enough

Back