Janet has a song about Michael on her new album....

Loni1082

Proud Member
I don't know if I can post this on this section....if am wrong please go ahead and move it. And if it's being talked about elsewhere in the forum please delete. I could not find anywhere where it was being talked about.

On Janet's new album called Unbreakable there is a song about
Michael and its called "Broken Hearts Heal" here are the lyrics and video.....
I found the video on Dailymotion.

07. Janet Jackson - Broken Hearts Heal by simomichelle70

It was a long, long time ago
But I remember it like yesterday
Amazing times while we were growing
Round all the brightest stars the world had seen
We made up songs to do our chores to
And harmonize while we all did our apart
Dance and Sang our way thru most anything
Always felt safe in each others love

It was in summer that you left me
The fall and winter never felt so cold
And lord knows words can never express it
Life feels so empty I miss you much
Painful tears like never before
We can't laugh together till we cry
But our love ain't no material thing
Inshallah
see you in the next life

Broken hearts heal,
Stronger
Broken hearts last,
Longer
Broken hearts heal,
Stronger

But our love ain't no material thing
Inshallah
see you in the next life
But I remember it like yesterday
Amazing times while we were growing
Always felt safe in each others love
The fall and winter felt so cold
But our love is so much more than just material
Till the next life Inshallah

Note: Inshallah means "If God willing"
Another Note: Her album is pretty fantastic her best since The Velvet Rope. There are some songs that remind me of the Jackson 5 and Sly and the Family Stone. At least 2 or 3 songs on there give me that kind of vibe and Many fans say her song called "The Great Forever" reminds them of Michael's vocals.

Last edited:
Pretty song, those breath breaks and vocal gestures are very Michael-esk! A nice tribute

Last edited:
Audio is up. Not sure how long it will stay on my soundcloud page.

I have a feeling that "After You Fall" is about Michael too.

Possibly. I don't know. But Broken Hearts Heal is clearly about him for sure. Here are the lyrics to "After You Fall"

Untitled.png

Yes, no doubt that "Broken Hearts Heal" is dedicated to Michael. I just wanted to point that maybe album has more then one dedicated to him. In some songs I hear his voice, parts of his songs, sounds like his...

I couldn't listen to the audio. It was hard enough reading the lyrics with blurred vision. :cry:

I was thinking about the sibling I lost and how much it still hurts and how much she is missed. I can completely relate to Janet on that...

The tributes to Mike run throughout the album- this is clearly a song 100% dedicated to him but if you listen through the album you hear a lot of things that make you think of MJ :) I love it

The tributes to Mike run throughout the album- this is clearly a song 100% dedicated to him but if you listen through the album you hear a lot of things that make you think of MJ :) I love it

Absolutely...A lot of things remind me of him when it comes to her vocal delivery in a lot of the songs and the Jackson 5ish vibe I get in Dream maker/Euphoria.

After You Fall is totally about Michael also! It's the lead-in song to Broken Hearts Heal but it's the opposite, meaning she's singing about the bad times in his life as opposed to the best times (growing up)..

Love the entire album!

Back