Janet Jackson announces new business venture 6-30-2015

barbee0715

Proud Member
JANET JACKSON ANNOUNCES NEW BUSINESS VENTURE

LOS ANGELES, June 30 (UPI) -- Janet Jackson is now involved in a business venture with a girl's best friend.

The singer announced Tuesday she is coming out with her very own diamond jewelry line called the Janet Jackson Unbreakable Diamonds Collection.
Entertainment Tonight exclusively broke the news about the collection, which Jackson already debuted at the BET Awards over the past weekend.

/Entertainment_News/2015/06/30/Janet-Jackson-announces-her-new-diamond-jewelry-line/8581435674014/

When the 49-year-old artist accepted her Ultimate Icon Award at the show, she donned a couple of her own designs. She wore a 25-karat heart shaped necklace from that values at $2 million and a 13-karat ring which retails at $500,000.
The icon will also be rocking some of her jewelry while performing on her Unbreakable World Tour, which is set to kick off August 31.
http://www.upi.com

Janet-Jackson-announces-her-new-diamond-jewelry-line.jpg

JANET JACKSON ANNOUNCES NEW BUSINESS VENTURE

LOS ANGELES, June 30 (UPI) -- Janet Jackson is now involved in a business venture with a girl's best friend.

The singer announced Tuesday she is coming out with her very own diamond jewelry line called the Janet Jackson Unbreakable Diamonds Collection.
Entertainment Tonight exclusively broke the news about the collection, which Jackson already debuted at the BET Awards over the past weekend.

/Entertainment_News/2015/06/30/Janet-Jackson-announces-her-new-diamond-jewelry-line/8581435674014/

When the 49-year-old artist accepted her Ultimate Icon Award at the show, she donned a couple of her own designs. She wore a 25-karat heart shaped necklace from that values at $2 million and a 13-karat ring which retails at $500,000.
The icon will also be rocking some of her jewelry while performing on her Unbreakable World Tour, which is set to kick off August 31.
http://www.upi.com

View attachment 1238

I tend to be quite the radical on a few issues and I can have generalized and probably unjustified adversities towards entire industries, diamond exploitation being one of them. I am convinced though Janet's venture will use diamonds which were collected and manipulated in environmentally-safe ways and above all, respecting workers' rights. I wish her success in all her ventures, but especially in the artistic ones.

Beyond my apprehension about blood diamonds, I still don't think they are a girl's best friend. In my silly little mind that role is reserved for a much more interesting and exciting carbon-based creation..........the male body. Now that's smooth and shiny indeed. It is worth more than all the diamonds, gold and all other "treasures" in the world put together :cheeky:

^^^^ Male body, indeed. :yes:

I still like a little bling-y bling bling though. Her collection is too expensive for me.

The business venture is neither here nor there for me. I do wish her success. It reminded me of this song.

(If one looks closely, they will see tell-tale VCR horizontal, reception lines.)

Back