Jermaine Jackson Looks To Australia To Start Super-Mega Band

I don't understand why the Jermaine just humble himself a little and take part of a show instead of trying to make his own. His business ventures showed over and over again just to flop, I'm sure there is a made music talent show created already that would love to have him as a judge.. Try for that, more exposer, and actual promised success..

I think he thinks he draws in more interest than he really does, he needs to understand that he's not an A list artist with A list appeal/demand..

I don't understand why the Jermaine just humble himself a little and take part of a show instead of trying to make his own. His business ventures showed over and over again just to flop, I'm sure there is a made music talent show created already that would love to have him as a judge.. Try for that, more exposer, and actual promised success..

I think he thinks he draws in more interest than he really does, he needs to understand that he's not an A list artist with A list appeal/demand..
How dare you say Jermaine is not an A-lister, he is the original lead singer of J5, back when the band was at home in Gary when Michael was still diapers, he was the true star that led them out of poverty. Jermaine was already a lead singer when all Michael was able to do was poop in his diapers and make a mess.

Jermaine JacksUN is the center of the universe and the epitome of manhood. All hail Jermaine :dancin::clap::clap::clap::eek:rder:

So now Jermaine is billing himself as a SINGING version of "Simon Cowell." LOL!

You know it's always nice to have a dream, but in my opinion, Jermaine ALWAYS goes overboard with his plans, i.e. the Vienna tribute, building a MEGA group and building a MEGA hotel/resort.

In my opinion, he should just concentrate on his OWN career. I mean, he still has a decent voice, and with the correct songwriters and/or producers he could probable carve out a bit of a following for himself. Sure it won't be Jackson 5 and definitely NOT Michael Jackson type of success, but it would be something he could call his own. Look at Lionel Richie and the late James Brown, they both continued to do their own thing to a scaled down audience and were both successful. Lionel Richie is still out there keeping his career going.

In closing, Mr. JackSun needs to realize that when it comes to business, BIG BUSINESS, he does not have the know-how, nor the experience. I mean, Simon Cowell has the know-how and more importantly the BACKING to make these types of things happen. Jermaine not so much!

Jermaine looks even lost in the trailer for the show.. haha!!

Didn't you hear?? it's going to be "Super Mega Huge" I'm sure we'll be knocked off our feet!

Bubs;3919288 said:
Jermaine intends to find the next big pop musical group in China
Published on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 07:46

Jermaine intends to find the next big pop musical group in China! JJ5 TV show will be held in China (and not in Australia as previously reported). The JJ5 competition plans to launch in China with a primary sponsor in a national campaign tagged as “High Five” tied to the nationwide search for five talented artists for the new band modeled after the Jackson 5. The winning five individuals will participate in a sponsor funded commercial with Jermaine Jackson.

The Mission: “There are no musical groups in today’s pop culture like the Jacksons. I mean groups that can sing, dance, play instruments and perform electrifying shows around the world.” says Jermaine. “There are great singers, great dancers, great musicians, but we need a band that combines all those elements into a phenomenal performance.” “So I plan to find five talented individuals to create the next big all-round musical band.” adds Jackson. “And I plan to find them in China, which has the largest pool of undiscovered musical talent in the world.”

The Future is Now: Jermaine and his partners will present the first Reality Music Competition through Go JLJ Entertainment, his development and production venture for creative multiplatform content. The modern TV Show will be called “JJ5” and will be broadcast on China National Mobile (outdoor) Digital TV, combining the latest in smartphone technology with the biggest digital TV network in the world. The show will also be broadcast on IPTV (Internet Protocol TV). The JJ5 interactive reality music competition will thus reach an estimated 1.5 billion people, the biggest audience in reality shows history, through all multimedia platforms. “Mobile and web media combined will have an explosive effect in the future and the future is now” says Richard Li, CEO of GoConnect and Director of “Go JLJ Entertainment”.

Go JLJ Entertainment has reached agreement with Dalian Mobile Digital TV Co Ltd to bring JJ5 to China. Led by Dalian Mobile Digital TV, JJ5 will be broadcast to over 50 Chinese cities on their vast Everywhere Digital TV network for people on the move. Based on information sourced from Dalian Mobile Digital TV, China's mobile (outdoor) digital TV network is a comprehensive network including digital TV billboards, outdoor LED, transport terminal screens, and broadcast media formats in every form of transportation serving a daily audience of over 1 billion people. Between digital TV, IPTV and smartphones, the JJ5 audience will be able to watch and enjoy the JJ5 show from anywhere at any time. “I am super excited about using new modern technologies to allow over a billion people to watch our show.” Jackson said. “China is the perfect place for modern media viewing and Dalian Mobile Digital TV leads the way in high tech content delivery.”

The Show: Phase one will involve a nationwide search using social media, smartphones and the internet, to find the top 15 contestants who can sing, dance, and exhibit the talent to become all round performers. Auditions and eliminations will be presented through multimedia episodes until the finalists are chosen to move on to the next level. In phase two, Jermaine will mentor the top 15 contestants to create three distinct bands of five. The last phase will see the battle of the bands where viewers and Jermaine will vote to determine the winning group, which will become the newly discovered band “Five”. Jermaine will take them onto the world stage and produce their first record. The final show will be held at a Jermajesty Hotels & Resorts in China. The final will open with Jermaine performing a song he wrote just for China and end by revealing the winning band to a nationwide audience of over 1 billion viewers in China on mobile digital TV screens and an estimated 500 million additional viewers on smartphones, a worldwide audience estimated at 1.5 billion. The entire Jackson family will be invited to attend the final show. Jermaine Jackson is uniquely qualified, as one of the original lead singers of Jackson 5 along with Michael and now lead singer of the Jacksons, to find 5 young Chinese artists and mold them into an international super group. Go JLJ Entertainment is focused on combining modern technology with Jermaine’s global brand to deliver great entertainment across all media platforms in a fluid and mobile process. Stay tuned…anywhere and everywhere.

http://www.jackson-source.com/news/...-find-the-next-big-pop-musical-group-in-china

Jermaine take them to the world stage and produce their first record :giggle:
He is not even able to get himself to the world stage, so how can he get anyone else, not the mentioning that cubs have been in studio making their album about 10 years and still not out, so I wouldn't hold my breath he can produce anyone else either:)

Final show in Jermajesty hotel? Is it even built yet?

The entire Jackson family is invited to final. Does that mean Michaels kids? Seemingly they cannot do anything without inserting PPB to their money grab.

tumblr_min1azEQq71r116s7o1_400.gif
:lmao: :fear:

Sorry, but it is impossible to try to take seriously Jermaine with these projects we already know is not going anywhere. He insists on being a celebrity, singer (????), businessman (and I do not know what else...) and being in the media .... but to no avail, his time already gone a long time ago and is buried there in the past with the Jackson 5. Jerma, give up .... Look for a job in the classifieds, go to work and follow his life as a normal citizen. Is that the best you have to do. :coffee:Or not? :fear:

I thought it was meant to be australia, so now it's china? Did they get the 2 countries mixed up or something. Not to be too nitpicky but that type of detail is important to get on top of if you're working on a show with the biggest global tv audience in history.

^^Bonnie, it depends where he is going to build his Jermajesty hotel :giggle:

Jermaine, if you let Michaels name and his music and dance out of this, so do it! But do it yourself and let your brother alone! PLEASE!

Why doesnt Jermaine work on his own "mega band"? I mean the Jacksons last tour didn't do "MEGA" well so maybe he should see if he has "mega" talent to help for a band like that..

^^Bonnie, it depends where he is going to build his Jermajesty hotel :giggle:

Ah so, it's all part of jermaine's cunning plan to create a synergy from the many strands of his business empire which will lead to a global tv event of unparalleled reach. I think jermaine is as cunning as a fox who used to be professor of cunning at oxford uni but has moved on to the united nations to head up the high commission of international cunning planning.(apols to baldrick)

I thought that this sentence from the October announcement was interesting: (Commercial for what? Jermajesty hotels?)

'The winning five individuals will participate in a sponsor funded commercial with Jermaine Jackson'.

There is another document on the GoConnect site which gives some indication of the amount of financial sponsorship being sought for the competition:

Living Legend Jermaine Jackson is coming to China to discover the next '5'

Global Market
According to recent news reports, the 'Voice of China' reality TV show attracted a primary sponsorship (of) US$40 million for the next season, while the show attracted an estimated 30 million people audience in the last season. The Director of Go JLJ entertainment said 'Voice of China sponsorship price is providing a useful and timely benchmark for JJ5 China. With our minimum daily audience of 360 million people on prime-time viewing, JJ5 capitalisiing on the Jackson's brand value established over 50 years, will be able to deliver far great exposure, greater branding and more attractive return for our sponsor's investments on comparable sponsorship pricing.'

Get ready China
The show is ramping up now, with auditions set to begin in March 2014. Go JLJ Entertainment has engaged one of China's top 10 advertising agencies to secure sponsorships and advertising for 'JJ5 China'. A 'High Five' multimedia campaign will be used to promote the show and increase awareness for viewers and contestants on how to watch and participate in this mega evant. Stay tuned....anywhere and everywhere.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20131108/pdf/42kqmrtf939sdy.pdf

Just an afterthought:
Jermaine might get a surprise...there are many ethnic groups in China with strong traditions of music and dance. If he leaves his cultural imperialism at home, he might find stars like these ( video of musical group with their backing dancers).
I hope that the competition is not open only to those who play western musical instruments and sing in English....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePjqwHXSqYE

Last edited:
^ You know what is crazy.. Jermaine is called Living Legend, but when Michael was living they called him degrading names.. It really shows how the media manipulates the way the public views people. And the audience generally fallow along like puppets!!

LMFAO Jermaine's crusty ass is NOT a legend. I dont care what he or his PR says. He never was and never will be.
Katy Perry is more of Legend than Jermaine Jackson.

So basically he wants to do some sort of The Voice, American Idol, X-Factor [or any other talent show presently out there] and make himself a super-mega band. That's a nice idea, not novel, but nice just the same.

The only problem I see thus far is who will be FINANCING this venture. These types of ventures take capital and plenty of it. Who's paying for the promotion, in order to get the word out there?
He's talking about gathering talent from all over the world. Nice, but then what? Who's gonna pay for all of the contestants to fly out to Australia and who's going to pay for their living expenses while they're there?

Having an idea is one thing, but having the finances to put forth said idea is something else.

These plans were made long before the AEG verdict was announced.(Before they were robbed) So the answer is that the money was going to come from his share of the AEG loot.

Back