Jermaine planning Jackson-themed resort

I never followed the J5 and I always thought Michael was the lead singer in the group but is it true that Jermaine was?

Yes he was for a tiny moment, until that little Micahel sang and papa Joe realized that the baby could sing better, had better dancing, and better stage presence. Therefore, papa let Michael be the lead singer. Jermaine focused on his guitar, but the little girls loved Jermaine because he was so cute. Back then Michael did not have a shape yet. His tummy was still bigger than his hips and shoulders--you know the slug shape that babies have. Jermaine had solo albums back then. Nothing dramatic, but I saw him perform on Soul Train singing one of his songs from his album. Anyway from the time Michael took the Mike away, the Jacksons began to really make a name for themselves.

^^I saw the movie about the Jacksons and I remember Jermaine as the lead singer on his living room but not on the stage. Thanks for the info.

^^I saw the movie about the Jacksons and I remember Jermaine as the lead singer on his living room but not on the stage. Thanks for the info.

Oh I did not see that movie. I saw Jackie and Marlon sing one song each as lead. They were songs for a different range and Michael sang backup. I don't think there were lots of situations with this happening though. I remember Michael writing that he was singing for a long time in some tour or something and Jermaine took over for some songs for him to rest his voice. It sounded as though they let Jermaine sing 1 or 2 songs to give Michael's voice a rest. It must be one of those situations when they were travelling around and having Michael sing for hours day after day.

Hope Jermaine gets his passport issue sorted soon so that he can continue to work on this excellent business venture.

Last edited:
oh no!... Jermaine and his "plans" again...
bless him, he never gaves up...lol

Jerm...what in the world? You should make it a Michael and Janet resort, as they actually made a very, very successful career without following other member's coattails. *cough cough* Jerm, Randy and Toya..

And I'll never understand why in God's holy name he named that little boy Jermajesty.

Whatever happened to normal names, like Pugsley and Wednesday?

Jermaine was never the lead singer by the time the group was established.. They started rehearsing as Jerm in lead and once Joe heard Michael sing Climb Every Mountain at a school talent show.. By they time they as a group did there first show which was at Rosevelt High Michael was already lead..

So we could say Jermaine was the intended lead until Mikes talent took that spot!!

And Jermaine, just between you and I.. I think we both know this is not going to happen! no Theme park for you.. If the MJ estate decides to do a theme park and you jump board, than you have a shot.. Not to be rude but.. come on! who we fooling?

I never followed the J5 and I always thought Michael was the lead singer in the group but is it true that Jermaine was?

Here's the reason why Jermaine Jackson believes he is the lead singer, "Daddy's Home" circa 1972. I actually liked the song back then!

Jermaine was never the lead singer by the time the group was established.. They started rehearsing as Jerm in lead and once Joe heard Michael sing Climb Every Mountain at a school talent show.. By they time they as a group did there first show which was at Rosevelt High Michael was already lead..
So we could say Jermaine was the intended lead until Mikes talent took that spot!!

And Jermaine, just between you and I.. I think we both know this is not going to happen! no Theme park for you.. If the MJ estate decides to do a theme park and you jump board, than you have a shot.. Not to be rude but.. come on! who we fooling?

That's what I saw in the movie but I didn't know much about Michael until his death. There're so many things to learn about Michael. There should be an encyclopedia about him.

It must had been hard for Jermaine to be replaced by his younger brother, but I think that even if he remained as the lead singer the Jackson 5 would not had the success they had. What I read was that Michael was the main attraction. Further, Jermaine would had never accomplish what Michael did. Jermaine lacks everything Michael had to become the biggest star in the world and the greatest humanitarian. And let's not forget Michael's sexiness.

Here's the reason why Jermaine Jackson believes he is the lead singer, "Daddy's Home" circa 1972. I actually liked the song back then!

Did Jermaine had a tv show with his own name?

No he didn't have a show with his own name. I actually would consider Jermaine the co-lead singer of the group since he and Michael shared lead on many of the songs.

^^ Thanks. I saw his name in the background and that made me think he had a tv show. I saw the vid above. Jermaine had a nice voice. Too bad he didn't achieve the success he wished for.

Did Jermaine had a tv show with his own name?

Daddy's Home (Soul Train - 21-10-1972)

The show was "Soul Train," that Jermaine Jackson sang his song on. Not too long after this, Jermaine Jackson married Hazel Gordy, the boss's daughter, which eventually led to Jermaine Jackson staying at Motown and not leaving with the rest of the group. Jermaine must've thought because of the success of this particular song, with his future father-in-law overseeing the material of the Jackson 5, that Berry Gordy would continue producing song's that helped Jermaine Jackson's singing style. Maybe it was the demise of Jermaine's marriage to Hazel Gordy. I shrug my shoulder's. I know Michael was appalled of his own brother following in the footstep's of their father, Joe Jackson, that of sleeping with the groupies, the fan's of the Jackson 5, who were willing and able to do so. But if you look at the pattern of Jermaine Jackson, his Career track would have made him a more willing participant in divorce proceedings. The loyalty factor wasn't there for further hit recordings. Since Jermaine Jackson was loyal to his father-in-law, in sticking with Motown records and not following Michael's lead in leaving Motown, Berry Gordy should have recognized this above all else!

I think Jermaine and his brothers liked to sing and dance but they didn't have the passion that drove Michael to success. I can't say this for sure but seems they liked the rewards of being on stage but not being on stage as much as Michael liked.

Michael was the tortured soul who had that sparkle of genius, his brothers are your every day common guys - "normal" people by social standards (compared to MJ) but mediocre talent as artists. They could sing and dance, but they couldn't "create"

ice_cube_wtf_gqvqs30u.gif

:hysterical: priceless!!! thank you!!!!!!

Well let the sheiks do with their money whatever they want... they can give it to Jerm or they can digg it in the sand of desert or they can burn it (on a positive note it's at least not spent for weapons then)... *shrugs* honestly who can really think this would have ever been a success... not even in the time of the Jackson5 ppl would have traveled to such a place in wherever far away... and that was DECADES AGO... it's in the past... the old past... I mean even if this would be really finished one day it will probably be the time if there are still some Jackson5 fans those will probably live in Nursery homes for elderlies.

An update! There is a new 'GoConnect' investors document, which details some seemingly new and /or changed proposals from those earlier in the year. In June /July, we were reading about plans for a Jermajesty hotel in Tianjin. The hotel plans now seem to have moved to Dalian. (not too far away, I think?)

I was interested to see the role that the Michael Jackson fan club China is anticipated to play, in supporting the JJ5 music competition.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20131023/pdf/42k79b49ktz965.pdf
which is a link on the following page:
http://www.asx.com.au/asx/research/companyInfo.do?by=asxCode&asxCode=GCN

Investor Presentation GoConnect, October 2013

p4 The JJ5 reality music contest will be supported by the Michael Jackson fan club in China (http://www.mjjasia.com), with 130,000 members with significant viral marketing potential.

p6 ...upon launching jj5 music competition (GCN) could access an additional 1 to 1.5 billion people views per day. This will create the largest and most accessible global audience for music and entertainment.

p7 Jermaine Jackson is an American singer, bass guitarist, composer and film director. Jermaine has substantial interests in various music-related businesses and is Chairman / major shareholder in Jermajesty Holdings Pty Ltd and GoJLJ entertainment Pty Ltd, which are both in partnership with GCN.

p18 The inaugural Jermajesty hotels and resorts will commence trading in Dalian, China in 2014, as an all-suite hotel in downtown Dalian.

....two projects in Dalian, the Downtown all-suite hotel with 400 rooms, and a Lakeside project approved for development of 150,000sq metres of hospitality, entertainment and retail. A third project is to be secured on land of 400,000 sq metres, located at the Dalian new International Airport, which construction is expected to be completed in 5 years time.

The Wall Street Journal

Thursday, October 31, 2013 As of 11:51 AM EDT

GoConnect Ltd. GCN (Australia: Sydney)

Board of Directors
Name/Title Current Board Membership
Richard Li
Executive Chairman
GoConnect Ltd.
Paul Wilshire
Executive Director
GoConnect Ltd.
Philip Chan
Independent Non-Executive Director
GoConnect Ltd.
Jermaine L. Jackson
Director
GoConnect Ltd.

$ 0.014 AUD
-0.001 (6.67%)

http://quotes.wsj.com/AU/XASX/GCN/financials

I don't think Jermaine's company is doing very well

That's pretty funny, Ashtanga, but it's even funnier that the stock is like a penny a stock. I don't think I'd invest any money in the company!

From Jackson Source:

Jermajesty Holdings signs agreement on new Dalian Airport project

Published on Thursday, 07 November 2013 07:07

GoConnect Ltd has received advice from the corporate management of Jermajesty Holdings in China that a partnership agreement has been executed between Jermajesty Holdings, and Dalian Central City Property Development Co Ltd ("Dalian Central City"). In turn, to enlist the full support of the local government authority for the partnership and Jermajesty Holdings’ hospitality project, Dalian Central City has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with Dalian State Owned Golden Bohai Coast Administration Committee ("Administration Committee"), (responsible for Dalian Jinbo Golden Coast Development Area incorporating the new Dalian International Airport under construction). GoConnect is a significant shareholder in Jermajesty Holdings with a 20% interest.

Under this agreement, Jermajesty Holdings, and Dalian Central City will establish an investment partnership based on the land that belong to Dalian Central City for a mixed use development, proposed by Jermajesty holdings of initially 400,000 sq meters, of hospitality and wellness, entertainment, retail, serviced apartments, and other complementary properties ("the Project"). The size of the land is over 400,000 sq meters. Dalian Central City will provide the land as

equity contribution to the partnership while Jermajesty Holdings will be responsible for securing international investor capital for the development. Dalian Central City, with the support of the Administration Committee, will proceed to secure the early and necessary government approvals for the development. Jermajesty Holdings will also have a 20-year operational right for a 5 star deluxe hospitality property to be developed within the Project.

The Project is within 5 minutes by car to the new Dalian International Airport currently under construction. With a planned annual passenger handling capacity of 70 million and four runways, Dalian's new international airport is expected to be the largest offshore airport in the world, as stated by Cai Li, chairman of Dalian International Airport Co Ltd, which is the operator of Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport (DLC). Located in Jinzhou Bay, the new airport is to be built on an offshore man-made island by reclamation. It is estimated to cover an area of 20.87 sq kms at a cost to the government of 26.3 billion yuan (A$4.54 billion). The new airport will be 7 times of DLC and is scheduled to be completed in 5 years. The construction of the new airport is progressing steadily, and reclamation work will be completed in 2013. The new Dalian International Airport will have annual passenger capacity comparable to Beijing International Airport, current annual capacity 75 million passengers, and Shanghai Pudong International Airport, current annual capacity 60 million passengers. The new Dalian international airport will be able to receive flights directly from West Coast US and Europe enabling Dalian to become an international air traffic transit hub into various major China cities such as Beijing and Shanghai.

The current corporate plan of Jermajesty Holdings and after finalisation of the partnership structure is for Jermajesty Holdings to retain at least 50% of the Project. Jermajesty Holdings
will secure international investor funds, including that from the Jermajesty Hospitality REIT being developed, to provide equity for the Project's development finance. These funds together with the land value are expected to provide sufficient equity for the Project to secure development finance, while Dalian Central City and the Administration Committee will assist in securing additional local bank and contractor finance for the Project.

With the Project's close proximity to the new international airport, other major commercial developments including a 600,000 sq meters super retail mall under construction, and a
Fisherman's Wharf project, the value of the Project on completion and the value-add by the Project to Jermajesty Holdings will be substantial. Mr Prarob Mokaves, Consultant and Group CEO designate of Jermajesty Holdings, formerly President-Development of Dusit Thani Group, and Kempinski Hotels & Resorts, and who has 38 years experience in hospitality management, an expert in hospitality development, will be visiting and inspecting the Project next week. GoConnect's 20% interest in Jermajesty Holdings is fast translating into a significant asset for the company.

Jinzhou New District
Dalian Development Area - Jinzhou District

DDA INVESTMENT GUIDE

Dalian Development Area (hereafter refer to as “DDA”) is the first state level economic and technological development area approved by the state council. Under the administration of Dalian, the most opening-up city in North China, with radiation to the vast hinterland of the Northeast and Inner Mongolia, DDA has become the vanguard of economic development of Liaoning Province and even the Northeast, a trial field, a window and a pioneer zone of the opening up policy of China.

Dalian is an important city of port, industry, trade, finance and tourism in North China. Dalian was officially established as a city in September 1899. In 1984, it was listed among the first 14 coastal open-up cities. In 1985, Dalian was approved by central government to be a city directly under state planning with authority in decision making for local economy. In 1994, it was approved to be a city which enjoys the provincial level administrative authority. On Oct. 5 2003, CCPCC and the State Council indicated in “The Opinions Regarding the Strategies of Revitalization of The Old Industrial Base of The Northeast” that Dalian should be established as an important international shipping center in Northeast Asia.

Dalian covers a total land area of 12,574km² with coast line of 1906km and population of 6 million. There are 6 administrative districts, 3 county-level cities, 1 island county and 5 national level open-up pioneer zones under the jurisdiction of Dalian Municipality. Dalian has complete urban functions and high level urban construction and management standards. The green coverage percentage of the city reaches 42%. Dalian has been honored as “The Most Habitable City” by the UN in 1999, “Top 500 Cities with World Best Environment Award” by UNEP, “China Habitat Environment Award” by the Ministry of Construction and one of the first “National Cities of Civilization”.

Dalian Development Area (hereafter refer to as “DDA”) is the first state level economic and technological development area approved by the state council. Under the administration of Dalian, the most opening-up city in North China, with radiation to the vast hinterland of the Northeast and Inner Mongolia, DDA has become the vanguard of economic development of Liaoning Province and even the Northeast, a trial field, a window and a pioneer zone of the opening up policy of China.
http://english.dda.gov.cn/2009/04/20/114.shtml

161817951.jpg

Yes,Jermaine was actually good then. When Michael announced at the end of the Victory Tour that he was finished with the Jacksons, the brothers should have regrouped, pulled themselves together and done what all the other groups do--- Smokey Robinson and the Miracles for example: When Smokey left the Miracle for a solo career, the Miracles began doing concerts in smaller venues. They did a nationwide search to find a singer, not to REPLACE Smokey, no one could do that, but to sing Smokey's lead songs in concert. Jermaine and the brothers missed a golden opportunity to remain out in front in the music industry by not being able to get their act together. Literally.

^ The difference is The Miracles never thought they were too big for small.. The jacksons for decades tried pulling this image of larger than they are. As if they would have been success without Michael, they always want to be viewed as the "original family of entertainment", that whole self created image...

Yes they have recently went on tour in small venues, but it took them decades and MJ's passing to do that.. They waited on the star to pull them together and keep the JACKSON name strong. Now they have no choice but to move on musically!!

Well hopefully they don't get there hands on unreleased MJ music, cuz I could see them trying to re-edit with them in it too..

They pretended to have more money than they did, they dressed and pulled off this mega famous family when in all actuality the only reason why we know all the Jackson family names (Jackie, Tito.... etc) is because of media surrounding MJ.. Not even in there prime were there names very known.. I could not tell you how many times I've seen interviewers mix them all up! There's a reason....

If they just humble themselves, they could have a decent success again!

Excellent assesment KOPV, wow, I think you've come as close to hitting the nail on the head as one could possibly come to.

That is what I've always been suspect of too. This "family image" has always been at the heart of the misdeeds of this family. It's been like some sort of extortion, that the "family image" is how these lazy siblings, parent's extorted money out of poor ol' Michael Jackson and somehow suing AEG Live was acceptable to do, because of always manipulating Michael for money, on account of all the laziness coming from Michael's extended family member's and because of how sensitive Michael Jackson was on the subject of the "family image."

BZAqPmPCcAAR_Yn.jpg:large

Well, JERMAINE JACKSON came to Dalian, China yesterday and meet me...

I went with him to his new hotel. The deal is likely done but we have to wait and see.

So now I'm really confused. Is the hotel going to be in Dalian, China or Tianjin Port, China. They are 8 hours from each other.

Jermajesty Hotel and Resorts, 5-star Jackson-themed hotel set to open in Tianjin

Abu Dhabi is no longer the preferred destination to launch the first Jacksons theme hotel.

Jermajesty Hotel and Resorts is now set to open in the Chinese port city of Tianjin after the parent company, the Jermaine Jackson led Jermajesty Holdings, entered an agreement with a local Chinese government company.

"Being involved in the hospitality business is a dream I shared with my brother Michael," Jackson said in a statement released yesterday.

"Rarely is there an opportunity for an upscale hospitality business to be able to capitalise on the success of a global entertainment brand. With the establishment of Jermajesty Hotel, that opportunity has finally arrived."

The about-face came after Jackson expressed his preference for the capital to be the inaugural destination.

The decision was made after a suitable Tianjin property was located with 30,000 square metres of floor space, able to accommodate 350 rooms.

The UAE remains in the frame according to Richard Li, the executive chairman of Go Connect, a digital media company with a 20 per cent stake in Jermajesty Holdings.

"I think he wanted Abu Dhabi to be the first one to go up but then the China deal came knocking and is ready made as the superstructure is already up, thus allowing us to fast track the development," he said.

"I think you will find that the big development in Abu Dhabi or Dubai will be substantial and you will hear more of them. Jermaine is a man in a hurry and so am I. There will not be a dull moment from this quarter."

Named after Jermaine's 12-year-old son, Jermajesty Hotel and Resorts is to be filled with memorabilia showcasing The Jackson family's near five-decade career.

Jackson said the family would soon begin discussing how to deck out the hotel.

http://www.whatsontianjin.com/travel-msg-201.html

Back