Jermaine planning Jackson-themed resort

AliCat;3929907 said:
So now I'm really confused. Is the hotel going to be in Dalian, China or Tianjin Port, China. They are 8 hours from each other.

Bubs;3870403 said:
Posting #18 on July 18, 2013
Press Release
11 June 2013
The Jacksons are true entertainers on a global scale and have been at the forefront of the music and entertainment industries for 50 years. Now Jermaine Jackson has combined his brand of talent as a global entertainer with upscale hospitality to establish a unique blend of hospitality and entertainment. Under the umbrella of Jermajesty Hotels and Resorts, Jermaine Jackson’s Jermajesty Holdings Pty Ltd (“Jermajesty Holdings”) will combine 5‐star deluxe hospitality with exciting entertainment by incorporating, amongst other activities, the Jackson Life Museum and Entertainment Centre in each Resort. Jackson Life Entertainment Centre will have the capability to broadcast concerts and TV shows for distribution over traditional and Internet TV. Jermajesty Hotels and resorts is the place to be seen and where you can lose yourself in the high‐end shopping bazaar, spoil yourself at fine dining on various exquisite cuisines, and then get rejuvenated in one of the out‐of‐the‐ world health spas.
A number of Jermajesty Hotels and Resorts projects (“the Projects”) to establish the brand are at different stages of development. These Projects are in the US, the Middle East, Australia, Asia (ex China) and Greater China. .....
The first Project to be launched in Asia within the next 12 months will be the Tianjin Jermajesty Hotels and Resorts in Tianjin, China, which will set the high standard as a showpiece property for the global brand. Tianjin Jermajesty Hotels and Resorts will be the first showpiece property for Jermajesty Holdings.
Jermajesty Holdings will hold the master franchise in Australia, New Zealand, and Asia including Greater China, to identify and secure Projects from today onward and will work with and co‐manage with the REIT to ensure that each one of the Projects is financed, developed, operated and managed to the high standard, deserving of its brand name. The rapidly rising wealth in the Asia/China region provides a window of opportunities to launch a 5‐star deluxe hospitality brand such as Jermajesty Hotels and Resorts. ....

/Alicat:
not "or" but "and".
Read the posting by Bubs above. Jermaine is planing not only one project of course!

BZAqPmPCcAAR_Yn.jpg:large

Well, JERMAINE JACKSON came to Dalian, China yesterday and meet me...

I went with him to his new hotel. The deal is likely done but we have to wait and see.

r3mJf.gif

I'm not really sure if this will be a great deal for both.
www.MessenTools.com-34%20pensativo.gif
Does Dailan will regret? :unsure: Good luck to you man :fear: ....

The Tianjin project is unlikely now. Dalian is likely.

Jackson sets out to discover Chinese talent

001372a9ae2713efc11701.jpg

Jermaine Jackson, brother of late superstar Michael Jackson, has come to Dalian City, in northeast China, to seek new ground for his singing and dancing contest, as well as various hotel resort projects, China.org.cn can exclusively report.

"There are no musical groups in today's pop culture like the Jackson 5; groups that sing, dance, play instruments and perform electrifying shows around the world." Jackson said, looking at the prosperous Chinese market which has just seen several successful singing contest shows such as the "Voice of China." "There are great singers, great dancers and great musicians out there, but there is a need for bands that combine those elements into phenomenal performances."

"So I plan to find five talented individuals and mentor them to create the next big all-round musical band." Jackson said, "And I plan to do that in China, which is full of undiscovered talent."

Nevertheless, Jackson also noted, "There is only one Jackson 5 in the world. The new band Five is not to replace the Jackson 5."

Under his international company Go JLJ Entertainment, a development and production venture focused on creative multi-platform content, Jackson has forged a Media Partnership with State-owned Dalian Mobile Digital TV Co., Ltd. to operate and co-produce the first reality music competition to be broadcast on China National Mobile (Outdoor) Digital TV Network. The Modern TV Show will be called "JJ5" and will combine the latest in smartphone technology with the biggest digital TV network in the world.

According to Zheng Jun, general manager of Dalian Mobile Digital TV Co., Ltd, the show will be broadcast across China to an estimated daily audience of 600 million people with a prime time peak hour audience of at least 360 million people in more than 50 cities. The show will likely take off next March.

"JJ5 China" is powered by ASX listed GoConnect's Soundcheck Music Competition technology platform. “JJ5 China” will also be available on GoConnect's IPTV channel Uctv.fm to a worldwide audience via LG connected TVs, other LG connected devices and all brands of smartphones.

"Mobile and Internet media will have an explosive effect in the future of delivering creative content and that future is now!" said Richard Li, chairman of GoConnect and Director of Go JLJ Entertainment.

"I am super excited about the use of modern technology that will allow the largest audience ever to watch our show." Jackson said. Go JLJ Entertainment's strategic partnership with Dalian Mobile Digital TV will allow “JJ5” to be broadcast throughout China and the world. China's mobile (outdoor) digital TV network is a comprehensive network, including digital TV billboards, outdoor LED, transport terminal screens and mobile monitors that broadcast media formats in every form of transportation. They see daily audience traffic of over 1 billion views. Between Digital TV, IPTV and smartphones, the "JJ5" audience will be able to watch and enjoy the show anywhere, any time.

"China is the perfect place for modern media viewing and Dalian Mobile Digital TV leads the way in high-tech content delivery." Jackson added, "It's 'Entertainment Everywhere’for people on the move."

Stage one of the show will involve a nationwide search to scout 15 contestants who can sing, dance and possess the talent to be all-round performers, using social media, smartphones and the Internet. Auditions and eliminations will be presented in multimedia episodes until the finalists are selected to move on to the next level. Stage two will involve Jackson mentoring the top 15 and creating three distinct bands of five members each. The last phase will be the battle of the bands in which Jackson and the viewers help decide who will be the winner and go on to officially become the newly discovered band "Five." Jackson will then present them to the world stage by producing their first record.

The grand finale will be held at the newly built Jermajesty Hotels & Resorts in Dalian. The show will open with Jackson performing a song he wrote just for China. The finale will end with the much-anticipated revealg of the winning band to a nationwide audience, with millions more watching worldwide on IPTV. The entire Jackson family will be invited to attend the finale.

http://www.china.org.cn/arts/2013-11/14/content_30601592.htm

GoConnect investee Jermajesty to construct entertainment complex near new airport in China
Thursday, November 07, 2013

GoConnect Limited (ASX:GCN) is set to trade higher after noting that Jermajesty Holdings, in which it holds a 20% stake, has executed a memorandum of understanding with Dalian state-owned Golden Bohai Coast Administration Committee in China for a major property development within the country.

A proposed 400,000 square metre entertainment, hospitality, wellness, retail and accommodation complex is to be built within walking distance of the new Dalian International Airport under construction.

Dalian Central City will provide the land as equity contribution to the partnership while Jermajesty Holdings will be responsible for securing international investor capital for the development.

Jermajesty Holdings will also have a 20-year operational right for a 5-star deluxe hospitality property to be developed within the complex.

http://www.proactiveinvestors.com.a...complex-near-new-airport-in-china--49942.html

Well, maybe, hanging around with Thome Thome back in 2008, rubbed off on Jermaine Jackson. Remember Thome Thome once worked for Thomas Barrack, who saved "Neverland," through his venture capital company, Colony Capital. Okay real estate company!

21 Mar 2012 Dalian starts reclamation work for construction of its new airport

4f69406614490_dalian%20news%20airport.jpg

Reclamation work has begun for the construction of the new airport in Dalian. The airport project is scheduled to be completed in 5 years, which will be 6 times larger than Dalian Zhoushuizi Airport, reports runsky.com.

Located in Jinzhou Bay, the new airport has started preliminary construction with offshore sea reclamation work. It is estimated to cover an area of 20.87 square kilometers and cost an investment of RMB26.3 billion in total.

Accordingly, 2 airport runways are expected to finish after stage one with capability of annual passenger throughput of 31 million. The airport will be capable of handling 70 million passengers with 4 runways upon its completion.

Construction of the new airport in Dalian will play a major role in the construction of Dalian Northeast Asia International Shipping Centre and Northeast Asia International Logistics Centre.

SOURCE: Dalian.runsky.com
http://www.whatsondalian.com/news-3...work-for-construction-of-its-new-airport.html

This makes me think of the Michael Jackson Museum and Theme Park they wanted to build in Gary. Never mind that Gary is a hellish place. I used to live about 30 miles away from it. It's a crime ridden crap hole and I was terrified every time I went there. But the former mayor of Gary was Joe Jackson's buddy so that's where all these plans came out of.

The mayor even at one point used tax payer money to fly Joe to Gary first class. Gary can't even pay their garbage men and police...why do they need a MJ museum. I mean I would have loved to have something MJ related close to my old home but I don't think I would have gone to Gary to see it. I mean I never even went to 2300 Jackson Street.

I can't see Jermaine's deal working out. I really don't. Why all these odd locations half way around the world? Michael was an American artist, why not doing something on home turf? But this all just seems like another Jackson Family money grab after all their other crap fell through. I hope the Estate puts a stop to this.

Also... Jermajesty... just, really?

Extract from Go Connnect company statement 13 Dec 13.

...Go JLJ Entertainment...has advised that Dalian Mobile Digital TV Co Ltd has, since 9th Dec 13, started the marketing campaign from Dalian city on their outdoor network of more than 3,000 digital TV screens broadcasting the marketing video of Jermaine Jackson on JJ5TV China to the city's 6 million population, with very positive feedback. This campaign will extend to other cities in coming weeks.

At the same time, a social media campaign has also commenced on a number of Chinese social networking sites including the Chinese microblogging site Weibo (equivalent to the Chinese Twitter but with over 500 million registered accounts is more than double the user base of Twitter).

The site weibo.com/jj5tvchina went live on 10th Dec 13 and has in the past few days without advertising attracted over 100,000 hits, demonstrating the popularity and power of the Jackson brand in China......

The JJ5 TV China music competition and reality TV show is targeted to go live in March 14. ...
The campaign will be followed in the next few weeks with media interviews in both the US and in China.

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/research/companyInfo.do?by=asxCode&asxCode=GCN#headlines

Its seems his project is working out. Good for him. It would be good for him to have a project that is a good money maker.

http://www.jackson-source.com/news/...nts-content-division-for-china-s-social-media

Jermaine Jackson Presents: Content division for China's Social Media
Published on Monday, 13 January 2014 08:48

Go JLJ Entertainment, the international entertainment production and marketing company that was established by the
legendary Jermaine Jackson and his wife Halima Rashid who also has significant relationships in Bollywood, the US entertainment power broker Dirk Gibson, and ASX listed IPTV company GoConnect, spotted the emerging online interest in Western entertainment content in the China market almost a year ago and since then has been preparing for the 2014 launch of a multi-part multimedia event called “Jermaine Jackson Presents” that includes two related TV shows, the JJ5TV China music competition and reality TV show, and a movie based on the best-sellers book of Jermaine Jackson “You are not alone Michael through a brother’s eyes”.

Go JLJ Entertainment is now putting the finishing touches to an exciting implementation plan for this incredible original content event across China. The plan will involve distribution and promotion of “Jermaine Jackson Presents” through social media in partnership with a major Chinese social media company, and China's national outdoor digital TV network. Jermaine Jackson Presents including JJ5TV China is the first content project for Go JLJ Entertainment to establish an extensive distribution infrastructure in China. This infrastructure involves significant distribution via social media. A social media campaign has also commenced on a number of Chinese social networking sites including the Chinese micro blogging site of SINA Weibo (equivalent to the Chinese Twitter but, with over 500 million registered accounts, is more than double the user base of Twitter).

The site weibo.com/jj5tvchina went live on 10 December 2013 and has in the past 4 weeks without any advertising, attracted over 400,000 hits, demonstrating the popularity and power of the Jackson brand in China. With Jermaine Jackson Presents on the launch pad, Go JLJ Entertainment is now preparing to implement the next phase of its comprehensive foray into China with original and Western entertainment content by unveiling a new division.

Go JLJ Entertainment will capitalize on the strong and decades long relationships Dirk and Jermaine have built up in America with Hollywood, with organizers for major events such as the Oscars and Grammy Award, and with major US TV networks, to channel Western entertainment content and access to celebrities for the China online and in particular social media market.

Go JLJ Entertainment will be able to save China's online businesses, years in building trusting relationships and in securing relevant and compelling entertainment content from the West. The new division will focus on Western entertainment content that has particular relevance to the China online market. With GoConnect’s long experience and expertise in IPTV on all 3 screens of desktop TV, smartphone TV, and connected TV, and with GoConnect’s established relationships in China, Western entertainment content providers will be able to use Go JLJ Entertainment to fast track their entry to the lucrative China online market which, with over 600 million online users, is easily the biggest single online market in the world.

Hello Annita!
Sounds like a big project und we will see the ideas for it will be slowely much more bigger and at least it will another Universe.
Not MJ Universse but JJ Universe.
Will we bet???

"In today's fast moving China Internet market, where every day, the online titans of Tencent, Alibaba, Baidu, Sina, Sohu, Youku, etc., are fiercely competitive with each other and consistently innovating new weapons, new platforms to better one another,"

Okay...so Jermaine's new company is going to compete against

Tencent

Alibaba

Baidu

Sina

Sohu

Youku

etc.

What Jermaine's company has brought to the table so far is 400,000 users of the launch in December 2013 of
eibo.com/jj5tvchina comparative to how twitter works and this was done without advertising because of the popularity of the Jackson name in China. 400,000 isn't a whole lot because the number's in China keep stressing 600,000,000,000 people want to be entertained in China with all the new technology.

Now here's some real bragging rites...In the past few months, we have witnessed Sohu's success in delivering over 200 million online viewers to Voice of China and reaped handsome profits from this content, indeed so profitable was Sohu's 2012 and 2013 involvement with Voice of China, it was inevitable that the biggest Internet company of China, Tencent, could not stand idle by any longer but snatched the 2014 online broadcast rights of Voice of China away from Sohu. There was no way that Sohu would stand still for too long in the online Content war either, so two weeks ago, Sohu licensed the China online rights of the popular US TV show Saturday Night Live.
http://www.china.org.cn/arts/2014-01/13/content_31175469.htm

Well...let's hope that word of mouth advertising keeps spreading for Jermaine and he is handsomely paid

a movie based on the best-sellers book of Jermaine Jackson “You are not alone Michael through a brother’s eyes”.

Hmmm......

Let's see who will play Jermaine and Michael. There is a part where Jermaine saves Michael in the book...

This makes me think of the Michael Jackson Museum and Theme Park they wanted to build in Gary. Never mind that Gary is a hellish place. I used to live about 30 miles away from it. It's a crime ridden crap hole and I was terrified every time I went there. But the former mayor of Gary was Joe Jackson's buddy so that's where all these plans came out of.

The mayor even at one point used tax payer money to fly Joe to Gary first class. Gary can't even pay their garbage men and police...why do they need a MJ museum. I mean I would have loved to have something MJ related close to my old home but I don't think I would have gone to Gary to see it. I mean I never even went to 2300 Jackson Street.

I can't see Jermaine's deal working out. I really don't. Why all these odd locations half way around the world? Michael was an American artist, why not doing something on home turf? But this all just seems like another Jackson Family money grab after all their other crap fell through. I hope the Estate puts a stop to this.

Also... Jermajesty... just, really?

Isn't Indiana in America...

Isn't Indiana in America...
Yes but she is stating in the 2nd paragraph about Jermaine choosing other countries for his theme parks. As this thread is about Jermaine. The reference to Gary, Indiana and MJ museum in the beginning was about Jackson's not choosing the best places for a theme park museum. Although Michael himself at one time endorsed Gary for such a venture when he was asked during his visit. But I don't think he felt it would ever come to light and was just being nice and gracious. He never did anything after his visit to endorse or make it happen.

What Jermaine's company has brought to the table so far is 400,000 users of the launch in December 2013 of
eibo.com/jj5tvchina comparative to how twitter works and this was done without advertising because of the popularity of the Jackson name in China. 400,000 isn't a whole lot because the number's in China keep stressing 600,000,000,000 people want to be entertained in China with all the new technology.

Now here's some real bragging rites...In the past few months, we have witnessed Sohu's success in delivering over 200 million online viewers to Voice of China and reaped handsome profits from this content, indeed so profitable was Sohu's 2012 and 2013 involvement with Voice of China, it was inevitable that the biggest Internet company of China, Tencent, could not stand idle by any longer but snatched the 2014 online broadcast rights of Voice of China away from Sohu. There was no way that Sohu would stand still for too long in the online Content war either, so two weeks ago, Sohu licensed the China online rights of the popular US TV show Saturday Night Live.

Well...let's hope that word of mouth advertising keeps spreading for Jermaine and he is handsomely paid
400,000 are just "visits", their weibo account only has just more than 100 followers, which is very very small size.

The stock market's rough start to 2014 persists as a mixed U.S. earnings picture and fresh signs of manufacturing slowdown in China gives Wall Street pause.
http://www.usatoday.com/money/

Let's just hope for Jermaine that the Las Vegas gig does better because Alejandro might get mad and take him back to Court, as the latest news in China may give rise to concern's even more than the "hits" verses actual membership, in a new start up company in China via not manufacturing but technological.

Just a quick update on the 'J5' competition in China.

GOConnect is pleased to announce that GoJLJ Entertainment, which GoConnect owns 40%, has executed a formal memorandum of understanding (MOU) with DDB China, appointing DDB China as agent for securing sponsorship and advertising revenue for the Jermaine Jackson Presents project ('the Project').
With the execution of this MOU, DDB China can now proceed to execute agreements with a number of sponsors for the project on behalf of Go JLJ Entertainment........
Under the MOU, the two parties have agreed to set the budgeted revenue for the Project at US $150 million in 2014.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20140422/pdf/42p3r31k5qw0gx.pdf

This is the link to video entries into the competition.....Not many as yet, but I think the website only opened a couple of weeks ago, and the competition runs to about November, I think.
(The young lad with the white fedora is very good!)

http://www.jj5tv.com/profiles?locale=en&page=2

Note:*'Jermaine Jackson Presents' includes two related TV shows, the JJ5TV China music competition and reality TV show, and a movie based on Jermaine Jackson's best-selling book of "You Are Not Alone: Michael: Through a Brother's Eyes."

Last edited:
Note:*'Jermaine Jackson Presents' includes two related TV shows, the JJ5TV China music competition and reality TV show, and a movie based on Jermaine Jackson's best-selling book of "You Are Not Alone: Michael: Through a Brother's Eyes."

hmm-icon.png

I wonder how the script of that movie will be? Is it going to be written by a Chinese person?

Making the movie about Michael will involve using his image, correct? Let's see if the estate allows it. Jermaine will manipulate things to make him look as if he always protected Michael. Hope this movie never happens.

Maybe he will just use a little kid and then another guy to act as Michael, so he does not have to use Michael's image. I wonder if he will get to play himself?

^^Probably he will try. He loves cameras and attention, he hungers for admiration. We'll see how this ends.

More plans..... ( I can't keep up with them all!)

30th April 14

GoJLJ Entertainment, assisted by its China partner Dalian mobile digital TV, is working with a major satellite TV company in China to jointly develop 'China's Hollywood'. 'China's Hollywood' aims to contribute to the development and expansion of China's movie and TV industry with Hollywood entrtainment concepts and relationships, but incorporating local knowledge and customs. GoJLJ Entertainment has developed the master concept plan for this project.

This proposed project has received the enthusiastic support of the management of the satellite TV company, as well as from their provincial government. The provincial government has nominated three cities from the province as suitable to locate the proposed ' China's Hollywood project'. The 'China's Hollywood' project is expected to include a range of activities, including movie production facilities, soundstage, TV studios, Jermajesty Hotels and resorts, Jackson Life Museum and Entertainment Centre etc.

GoJLJ entertainment will be able to bring to the project significant relationships and entertainment contents from Hollywood and Bollywood, relationships that GoJLJ Entertainment's US directors have long established. An MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) on this joint development is expected to be entered into between GoJLJ Entertainment and the satellite TV company in the coming weeks when further details will be announced.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20140430/pdf/42p9xhzxvvx5fp.pdf

Making the movie about Michael will involve using his image, correct? Let's see if the estate allows it. Jermaine will manipulate things to make him look as if he always protected Michael. Hope this movie never happens.

Me, too! I'm getting tired of Jermaine, etc. and their back door money-making schemes off of Michael. DAMN. . . *sighs*

No. Just...no.

Jermaine, please stop trying to make money off of Michael. Go do your solo albums, and do a new Jacksons album. That's wonderful. But you aren't Michael, and you need to let him rest in peace.

No. Just...no.

Jermaine, please stop trying to make money off of Michael. Go do your solo albums, and do a new Jacksons album. That's wonderful. But you aren't Michael, and you need to let him rest in peace.

I also don't like the money-making aspect of it but a movie based on the book could actually be enjoyable. I just finished reading through it and appreciate the way Michael is portrayed. There are so many bad documentaries out so they can't make it worse.

I also don't like the money-making aspect of it but a movie based on the book could actually be enjoyable. I just finished reading through it and appreciate the way Michael is portrayed. There are so many bad documentaries out so they can't make it worse.

A movie, yes.

But I'm just frustrated at how Michael's family are treating him. It's just ridiculous.

Back