John Branca

wonderouzmj

Proud Member
How does this man go from getting fired by mj himself to running the estate & proceeds to sell his catalog knowing mj wouldn't have ever ever sold it!?

Last edited:
He is the lawyer of rock n roll this guy
He has represented over 30 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame acts, including The Rolling Stones, Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Carlos Santana, Aerosmith,The Beach Boys, ZZ Top, Fleetwood Mac, Bee Gees, Earth, Wind & Fire, John Fogerty and The Doors. Other clients have included Alicia Keys, Berry Gordy, Dick Clark, Dr Dre, Justin Timberlake and the Backstreet Boys.
Entertainment lawyer and manager who specializes in representing rock and roll acts.
He is also co-executor of the Michael Jackson Estate. If he loves mi=usic so much . I wish he would give us more. :D

Apart from John being the new messiah in the entertainment business, could someone tell me more about the history of John Branca and Michael?

Obviously he helped with the catalog, but what about stories of him being fired, his ties with Sony and the concerns on the signing of his will and a role in his death.

Also there are these notes by Michael saying something like 'dont trust John Branca'.

It is interesting that Michael Jackson did not trust John Branca during the singer's trial in 2005:

"[Michael Jackson] explained to me the reason he was so angry with Branca was because Branca was working more on behalf for Sony than for him" (Karen Faye)

The relationship between these 2 men did not improve in the following years (after 2005), and Michael Jackson was still angry with John Branca when he died in 2009.

Keep in mind that it was AEG Live that hired John Branca for the 'This Is It' concerts and that was against Michael Jackson's wishes (as revealed by Leonard Rowe).

Where was his loyal friend John when the accusations hit Michael? Did he advise him to pay the 20 million?

It is interesting that Michael Jackson did not trust John Branca during the singer's trial in 2005:

"[Michael Jackson] explained to me the reason he was so angry with Branca was because Branca was working more on behalf for Sony than for him" (Karen Faye)

The relationship between these 2 men did not improve in the following years (after 2005), and Michael Jackson was still angry with John Branca when he died in 2009.

Keep in mind that it was AEG Live that hired John Branca for the 'This Is It' concerts and that was against Michael Jackson's wishes (as revealed by Leonard Rowe).
And yet Michael made him executor of his estate in his will? Do you really believe that if he had a problem with Branca he wouldn’t have had him removed from TII or his will? He did fire him once, so if they hadn’t worked out their differences I’m sure he wouldn’t have had a problem doing it again.

LOL right. Hired against his wishes. Just like Karen Faye. :rolleyes: To what end?? For what for? To royally piss off the talent?? What's so special about him, that AEG would need him (or Karen) to be there, against Michael's wishes, no less? And what would Rowe know? He wasn't there and has his own agenda.

Smart?? It was only smart short term.

The deal was struck to preserve MJs best chance of winning a criminal as the civil trial would have gone first with the prosecution sitting in an listening to MJs entire defense and then they could have shaped their case around that meaning MJ would have been heavily disadvantaged for the criminal trial.

If you have endless of money, there is no way in hell you would jeopardize MJ going to jail for something he did not do. Its better to be free with clouds hanging around you than in prison for 30-40 years or maybe death. On top of what who knows if MJ would have survived 2-3 years of civil & crminal trials + appeals etc.

What did MJ ask is advisors?

"Can you guarantee me we will in the case?

Advisors: "We cant gurantee you anything"

Even if MJ was innocent as we all believe he could still have been jailed for child molestation if the jury got swayed which would not have been impossible with the media frenzy etc.

Nobody could have predicted the Arvizo scammer family coming into the picture and also even if it did, it did make MJ avoid jail time and he could resume his career & life. Not to mention the income he would have lost on not touring, not making any music, the downfall from 2-3 years litigation and embarrasment.

In worst case we would have no History, Blood on the dance floor, no history tour, no invincible and MJ being jailed or maybe commit suicide.

So the decision to settle the civil case was very smart, gambling with Michaels freedom would have been crazy!

Last edited:
The deal was struck to preserve MJs best chance of winning a criminal as the civil trial would have gone first with the prosecution sitting in an listening to MJs entire defense and then they could have shaped their case around that meaning MJ would have been heavily disadvantaged for the criminal trial.

If you have endless of money, there is no way in hell you would jeopardize MJ going to jail for something he did not do. Its better to be free with clouds hanging around you than in prison for 30-40 years or maybe death. On top of what who knows if MJ would have survived 2-3 years of civil & crminal trials + appeals etc.

What did MJ ask is advisors?

"Can you guarantee me we will in the case?

Advisors: "We cant gurantee you anything"

Even if MJ was innocent as we all believe he could still have been jailed for child molestation if the jury got swayed which would not have been impossible with the media frenzy etc.

Nobody could have predicted the Arvizo scammer family coming into the picture and also even if it did, it did make MJ avoid jail time and he could resume his career & life. Not to mention the income he would have lost on not touring, not making any music, the downfall from 2-3 years litigation and embarrasment.

In worst case we would have no History, Blood on the dance floor, no history tour, no invincible and MJ being jailed or maybe commit suicide.

So the decision to settle the civil case was very smart, gambling with Michaels freedom would have been crazy!
Blablabla, like I said. It was smart short term. Long term it put doubt on him and made the Arvizos try it too. Had the Chandler case gone to court and Michael won, I doubt anyone else would have tried it again.

Blablabla, like I said. It was smart short term. Long term it put doubt on him and made the Arvizos try it too. Had the Chandler case gone to court and Michael won, I doubt anyone else would have tried it again.

There would have been no long term if there was no settlement and MJ lost the criminal case. Heck even if MJ lost the civil case and won the criminal it would have been a disaster. The advisors from back then could not see into the future and guarantee MJ would win a criminal trial, nor predict if MJ would survive the ordeal which was a also a big concern!

They would not look smart declining a deal and then MJ possible being imprisoned for the rest of his life!

There would have been no long term if there was no settlement and MJ lost the criminal case. Heck even if MJ lost the civil case and won the criminal it would have been a disaster. The advisors from back then could not see into the future and guarantee MJ would win a criminal trial, nor predict if MJ would survive the ordeal which was a also a big concern!

They would not look smart declining a deal and then MJ possible being imprisoned for the rest of his life!
Who's to say he would have lost?

And yet Michael made him executor of his estate in his will? Do you really believe that if he had a problem with Branca he wouldn’t have had him removed from TII or his will? He did fire him once, so if they hadn’t worked out their differences I’m sure he wouldn’t have had a problem doing it again.
LOL right. Hired against his wishes. Just like Karen Faye. :rolleyes: To what end?? For what for? To royally piss off the talent?? What's so special about him, that AEG would need him (or Karen) to be there, against Michael's wishes, no less? And what would Rowe know? He wasn't there and has his own agenda.
On March 25th (2009), Michael Jackson wrote a letter addressed to Randy Phillips (head of AEG Live).

In that letter, the singer named 2 people that he trusted in regard with his matters with AEG Live.

These 2 people were his father Joseph Jackson, and his long-time financial advisor Leonard Rowe.

The singer specifically named Leonard Rowe as his only authorized representative in all his endeavours in the entertainment/music industry.

These things were also confirmed by La Toya Jackson.

La Toya Jackson confirmed that:

- Michael Jackson hated John Branca (because John Branca stole a lot of of money from Michael Jackson)

- Michael Jackson hated also Dr. Tohme Tohme

- Michael Jackson did not want Frank DiLeo back in his life

- Michael Jackson did not want Randy Phillips and Dr. Tohme Tohme to fly with him to England (for the London shows)

La Toya Jackson also confirmed that Michael Jackson wanted his father Joseph Jackson to help him in order to get these people out of his life.

On March 25th (2009), Michael Jackson wrote a letter addressed to Randy Philips (head of AEG Live).

In that letter, the singer named 2 people that he trusted in regard with his matters with AEG Live.

These 2 people were his father Joseph Jackson, and his long-time financial advisor Leonard Rowe.

The singer specifically named Leonard Rowe as his only authorized representative in all his endeavours in the entertainment/music industry.

- Michael Jackson hated John Branca (because John Branca stole a lot of of money from Michael Jackson)

- Michael Jackson did not want Randy Phillips and Dr. Tohme Tohme to fly with him to England (for the London shows)

La Toya Jackson also confirmed that Michael Jackson wanted his father Joseph Jackson to help him in order to get these people out of his life.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: confirmed by Latoya. Right. Has anyone seen that letter? There is so much shit thrown around, that if true, one would have to wonder what is wrong with Michael? That shit all makes no sense. He is the show. Without him there is nothing. I refuse to believe that he let everyone shit all over him.

Yeah Michael trusted his father so much that he left him nothing in his will and had no business dealings with him again after firing him as his manager back in what … 70s, early 80s? Is this the same guy that was using his son’s death to promote a project he was working on? Give me a break. Michael trusting Joe is laughable which makes that letter unbelievable.

Yeah, Michael trusted his father so much that he left him nothing in his will and had no business dealings with him again after firing him as his manager back in what … 70s, early 80s? Is this the same guy who was using his son’s death to promote a project he was working on? Give me a break. Michael trusting Joe is laughable which makes that letter unbelievable.
As I was listening to those unreleased memoirs of Michael Jackson (the second part) my ears perked up when Michael mentioned Leonard Rowe--and that after working with him that's when he said he started making his own decisions but Rowe taught him something when he told him "all of these people work for you." Michael said Rowe ripped them off materially. Based on Mike's voice, he wasn't here for Rowe! So I don't see him trusting that man.

On March 25th (2009), Michael Jackson wrote a letter addressed to Randy Phillips (head of AEG Live).

Mj wanting his father to help him....sorry but i dont belive that for one second

Back