john legend concert

1offthewall1

Proud Member
i went to a john legend concert a few nights ago. i was suprised to see he didnt even mention Mj. india arie opened for legend and sang some lines from human nature, which was followed by a big applause. between arie and legend's sets they did play all Mj music, but i was suprised he didnt tribute Mj during his performance at all.

it made me sad when legend appeared in the back aisle to sing the first song, the crowd was all standing, and people near him were reaching out to him. it bothered me to think what it would be like to see Mj perform in person, how crazy people would go. there is something magical about seeing someone in person as opposed to seeing them on TV all the time. i was so looking forward to the day of seeing Mj in person, just to feel the auora and energy and magnetism.

every once in a while, j. legend would do a small dance move and people would cheer. i couldnt even imagaine what it would have been like to see Mj do the moonwalk on stage, in person; it hurts to think about.

gone too soon.

I completely feel your pain about not seeing our boy again like that. Although on the matter of John Legend, he was saying lovely things about MJ after his passing, until one day he decides to write on his Twitter that we shouldn't be eulogising Michael considering he (and I paraphrase)

Changed the colour of his skin and had white children...

He then said some have arse apology about how we could still honour his musical legend.

I was pretty sickened. There was no need to say that.

Here is an exact qoute

"I wonder what young black kids are thinking now as we glorify MJ who went through such lengths to change his complexion and have white kids
interesting to think about in the context of the comments about the complexion of the kids at the pool.
Just to be clear, I’m very much an MJ fan and I believe he should be celebrated. Just acknowledging that there were some troubling and sad aspects of his life that should at least be thought-provoking to us.
Ok, enough “deep thoughts” for tonight. Hope I didn’t offend w/ the MJ thoughts. I truly appreciate and respect him as an artist…
And my comments were in no way meant as a diss to him. Just looking at bigger questions that came to mind with the Philly incident"

Whole first paragraph is practically a diss, and he knows that. But later claims it is not, sounds like he is covering his ass to me in case their is fan backlash. I mean why did he have to say anything about MJ when he wanted to discuss a completely different topic.

Last edited:
I used to like him, until he came out with this on Twitter. Why didn't he say all this when MJ was alive?

Back