JRT : "Only 17-20 songs worth releasing remains"

But Teddy said that there's enough material for at least "4, 5, or even 6" albums to be released...?

Sticking some outtakes on a reissue is not the same as making a new original album.

Look at "Michael." Ten songs and people claim three are fakes, complain that some are too old and the production is weak on others.

Yet some of you believe there are 100 releasable songs out there. They had to work day and night to get this collection of 10 out.

Some of the songs we can find on Youtube will probably not be released on a new album and shouldn't. They are below average.

Other so-called songs were only partially recorded, and although they exist they are not full songs, unless you want to hear the same verse three times and the chorus 20 times.

We should only want high quality material released as original albums, not junk MJ left on the cutting room floor.

Ok...whatever you say....JRT

Well, just remember that Lenny Kravitz said that they were devastated when "Another Day" leaked because it was nowhere near completion. Then it was tweaked and changed, and what do you have? The original was better. Michael's vocals sound the same, so all they changed was the music, and it was better the first time. So I don't buy that crap about "unreleasable". According to who???
And no, Michael has said himself many times in the past that he was always "recording new music", and he said that he would do about 100 songs for one album. It may just mean demos, but it doesn't just mean snippets of parts of a song. Not to my way of thinking anyway. Some of his demos have been amazing too. The version of For All Time that I'd heard before was better than the one that was "finished" and put on the Ultimate Collection. So I say, bring on the demos!!

Well, just remember that Lenny Kravitz said that they were devastated when "Another Day" leaked because it was nowhere near completion. Then it was tweaked and changed, and what do you have? The original was better. Michael's vocals sound the same, so all they changed was the music, and it was better the first time. So I don't buy that crap about "unreleasable". According to who???
And no, Michael has said himself many times in the past that he was always "recording new music", and he said that he would do about 100 songs for one album. It may just mean demos, but it doesn't just mean snippets of parts of a song. Not to my way of thinking anyway. Some of his demos have been amazing too. The version of For All Time that I'd heard before was better than the one that was "finished" and put on the Ultimate Collection. So I say, bring on the demos!!

No way he did "100s" of songs for an album complete with enough elements to make them releasable now.

Imagine if all he had of Don't Stop Till You Get Enough or Billie Jean were the demos we've all heard. Those songs would be unreleasable, right?

I'm sure MJ laid down some vocals or screwed around with tons of songs, but there's a difference between doing that and doing what is usable to make a song out of.

This fantasy that he has 50 albums worth of material laying around is silly.

butterflies I so agree about For All Time

20 song thing to me is very light...I don't believe it simply because it wasn't the Motown way. And that's how Michael came up. Look there are many people who would love to know what the estate has or doesn't have. MJ is still the biggest artist in the world.

The only way to deal with it is to treat everything like a bonus & if you get a best of joy or much too soon gem then that's a bonus

butterflies I so agree about For All Time

20 song thing to me is very light...I don't believe it simply because it wasn't the Motown way. And that's how Michael came up. Look there are many people who would love to know what the estate has or doesn't have. MJ is still the biggest artist in the world.

The only way to deal with it is to treat everything like a bonus & if you get a best of joy or much too soon gem then that's a bonus

:yes: Good point! I love both of those songs! :wub:

20 authentic mj songs and 20 cascio like songs are enought to fit 4 more albums...if you know what i mean..that explains a lot

Well, you know what....I am not surprised someone said something like that.
Because we had an unbelivable fan-fighting over new album.
Because " all we want is perfection ! "
Because " We want what Michael would have wanted !" Bla-bla-bla.
What if half of that material is unfinished ? What if those songs need to be worked on so we can hear it ?
I don"t care what JRT says, but think about it.
We can"t have what we had before. We can only hope for the best.
Just don"t be spoiled. I wanna hear Michael"s voice even if it"s not PERFECTLY produced.
If some ppl keep on complaining about everything than...idk. :(

this is utterly crap.

right after his death, they searched the vaults and happen to find a song that matches the "This Is It" Tour Name, which actually isn't the original song called "This Is It" written in 1980 and produced in 1984. But another song which isn't even called "This Is It", wrap it up under the name and shake every cent out of it.
Actually, "This Is It" WAS the This Is It from 1980. Michael and Paul Anka decided to rename it when they let Safire record it back in '91. Michael originally wrote it alone but later called Anka to help rewrite it

20 authentic mj songs and 20 cascio like songs are enought to fit 4 more albums...if you know what i mean..that explains a lot

:doh:

And also your math is wrong.

IF some songs on Michael is "fake" it is 3 tops! Which means 7 MJ song.

But all song on Michael is MJ productions.

:doh:

And also your math is wrong.

IF some songs on Michael is "fake" it is 3 tops! Which means 7 MJ song.

But all song on Michael is MJ productions.
do you really text your replies?all i can see is just copy-paste the same ''this is surely all mj'' .ok we get it....you believe the cascios are real MJ...we have brain hess...really

But Teddy said that there's enough material for at least "4, 5, or even 6" albums to be released...?

When he called a radio show he said that Michael only recorded first verse and the chorus of a song.

No way he did "100s" of songs for an album complete with enough elements to make them releasable now.

I'm sure MJ laid down some vocals or screwed around with tons of songs, but there's a difference between doing that and doing what is usable to make a song out of.

This fantasy that he has 50 albums worth of material laying around is silly.

and that's the point. For example if you look to Hollywood Tonight it's obvious that no second verse was ever recorded and therefore that part is filled with a spoken part.

there could be hundreds even thousands of songs - that's not the point- but how complete and how usable are they?

like JRT knows anything lol still riding on his coat tails. just repeating what branca said the other day so nothing new there. the question is whether the estate are only prepared to give sony x amount of songs and then wait until the contract runs out and sell to others or not

Last edited:
Nobody has ever said he recorded 100s of songs for Thriller or Bad. That's ridiculous. Just take a step back and think about that.

They REVIEWED hundreds of songs, but not recorded them.
Q said they recorded about 30 for either thriller or bad.

Maybe he was closer to the truth? Or still a far outlier.
Since MJ passing have been released ofticially more than 20 songs so It's clear that Taraborelli has no clue at all about how many releaseable songs are left in the vault.

Back