JRT : "Only 17-20 songs worth releasing remains"

ivy

Proud Member
Today J.Randy Taraborelli was on CBS Early Show talking about the new Michael album and the vocal controversy etc. At the end of the segment this conversation happened.

Harry Smith: How much music do you think it's left?

JRT: Well I do know how much. They got 60 incomplete songs but they only got 20 left with vocals that they, the estate feel worth while.

Harry Smith : Strong enough?

JRT: Yes strong enough and they are not releasing everything. They are releasing things that they believe Michael would want to be released. And that's about 17 to 20 more songs.

see the video here

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7145312n

Well, that's not much. But it's enough for two more albums.

this is bullshit, theres way more unreleased stuff, and worth releasing, we're talking from off the wall till now, and hes saying that only 20 songs remain? really stupid thing to say.

JRT knows nothing, of course.

Michael's got many unreleased gems in the vaults, but not under Sony's possession, and they're bitter about this, that's why they say only a few of them are worth releasing.

What a joke Michael's world, posthumously has become... :( As if it hadn't been more than enough the madness he underwent while alive....

It's not that different from what Teddy Riley and reportedly people from Sony are saying.

and please read carefully he's not saying there's only 20 songs, he says that there's only 20 songs that are "strong enough" to be released.

Its okay for me 20 completely new MJ songs :)

I am sure 10 other unfinished, demos etc will leak from fans too ;)

I just hope we get a bad tour 88 DVD one day, or maybe a fan has a completely rare concert tape :)

Take anything Taraborelli says witha spoon of salt.

Just sayin'

But are these 20 songs all sung by Michael in full? Because I thought they were planning a duet album - then maybe most of these 20 songs are only collaborations.

JRT knows as much about MJs unreleased stuff as my Grandma does.......nothing.

Lets hope they're not counting Cascio songs.
Do you really feel it's necessary to bring this into every single thread on here? Seriously, by now your opinion regarding those songs is crystal clear, why not keep the discussion confined to the threads that were made for it?

JRT said oh them it must be true.

:) well of course not, there's always room for doubt. Still it's a piece of information about the future releases which we will find out to be true or false in a few years.

for me this was interesting as we have heard Teddy Riley saying that "Michael didn't complete much songs and recorded only the first verse and the chorus", Branca being quoted in an AP news story saying "there's enough for at least one more album" and a member post on our board saying that they were invited to Sony and the executives told them "there were some songs but not much".

Again we'll see the truth of this in the next 7 year period.

J Randy is quite a guy he has the ability to know what people say during a private conversation. He also has the ability to read people's minds. He also has the ability to say for certain that LMP was Michael's first however according to him Michael was THE MAN in that department considering it was his first time. Oh and he also told this big ass lie about being the editor of Sista to Sista magazine. And got called out on it by the editor of Sista to Sista magazine. So I am sorry Randy is full of prunes

JRT is a scumbag and a liar. He is about as trustworthy as an article from The Sun.

That's not true. I think that means songs that are fully or somehow 'complete'. But there are many songs that have never been really mixed but are kinda fragments.

:) well of course not, there's always room for doubt. Still it's a piece of information about the future releases which we will find out to be true or false in a few years.

for me this was interesting as we have heard Teddy Riley saying that "Michael didn't complete much songs and recorded only the first verse and the chorus", Branca being quoted in an AP news story saying "there's enough for at least one more album" and a member post on our board saying that they were invited to Sony and the executives told them "there were some songs but not much".

Again we'll see the truth of this in the next 7 year period.

Someone has mixed up recordings Sony have and other recordings. Only the Estate have recordings Michael made at his home like producing himself. And other producers have lots of tracks Sony doesn't even know about. I think there are also tracks only some producer know about because they have not wanted to tell about them yet.

I hope for more than 20 songs.

What is complete? WHE is finished, Escape too. - Right?

I hope for more than 20 songs.

What is complete? WHE is finished, Escape too. - Right?

They are complete. But We have had Enough have already got an official release on TUC, so there is not much point in re-releasing it, except to do a remix to milk the cow.

No one should listen to this clown. He doesn't know anything about anything. He's paid to spread lies.

How the hell does he know? Is he a fly on the wall or something? JRT talks shit. He knew Michael briefly in the 70s and has used that to cash in, which he always uses that really old photo. Nothing recent.

Back