JRT : "Only 17-20 songs worth releasing remains"

its okay for me 20 completely new mj songs :)

i am sure 10 other unfinished, demos etc will leak from fans too ;)

i just hope we get a bad tour 88 dvd one day, or maybe a fan has a completely rare concert tape :)

? ;)
;)

Taraborrelli is just about as unreliable as they come. Still way up in his "wishing tree" I see...

So much for the 1000s of unreleased songs Sony & other people were telling us about :smilerolleyes:

Guys, you have to remember something...Quincy Jones stated that Nichael recorded 'tons' even 'hundreds' if songs fir THRILLER alone that didnt make the cut an possibly the same with BAD... I dont believe JRT at all.

Blue Gangsta
Escape
STTR
DYKWYCA
LNFSG
Night Line
Hot Street
Trouble
She Got It
IYDLM
CGYWOOM
Don't Be Messin'
Groove Of Midnight

Here 13 that we've heard (atleast part of). There are also many mentioned songs. I think they are wrong.

I think there are more. Many more.

As LLcz posted above we have 13 - so SURE SONY and the Estate has more than 4-7 songs we haven't heard!

I think there are many many songs. I will not put a number on the amount of songs since I have no idea, and how would I know?

But maybe double of what JRT said.

20 songs my arse, there will be tones, its michael jackson, there has to be loads of stuff, more will surface over the yrs i recon

Sony may have a small number of songs, but rest assured many more exist in MJ's vaults beyond Sony's control. Just listen to how many unreleased tracks MJ mentions in the Mexico Deposition from 1993 alone. Michael registered many, many others on BMI, copyright, etc. that remain unreleased. Michael himself said in an interview during the 2000s that he had recorded upwards of 100 tracks for Invincible itself (between late 90s and 2001). 'For the Record' has a nice compilation of most known unreleased tracks--but those are only ones that have been publicly confirmed by some source.

Again, I believe Sony was given a small number of tracks from Michael's unreleased collection. Which is good IMO, especially based on their handling and decisions of this album.

fyi - TMZ just posted similar info in their recent story about Off the Wall release.

Sources connected with the Michael Jackson/Sony deal tell TMZ ... among the 10 albums in the works is a remaster of "Off the Wall" -- with the help of none other than Quincy Jones.

We're told the plan is for Quincy to take charge of the project, which will include some never-before-heard outtakes.

Another album will feature the soundtrack to the upcoming Jackson-themed Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas.

There are reports circulating that Sony will release 10 original albums, but that's not true. In addition to the release of "MICHAEL" on Tuesday, we're told there will be at least one other album with original songs and at most two.

I can think of 5 more songs that are out there:

* Work That Body
* Serious Effect- with LL Cool J
* There Must Be More To Life Than This
* State Of Shock- with Freddie Mercury
* Why- MJ only version during HIStory sessions (rumors are this does exist..but has yet to be officially confirmed)

Plus who knows what Beatles songs MJ might have been playing around with.

Last edited:
They don't plan on releasing all the material on "new albums". Some of the songs will be released on Off The Wall Re-Issue and Bad 25 as well as other albums in the far future. Essentially, there are 20 songs that are currently left that are good enough to make the another whole album. I am told that there were 100 songs or so that were in the hands of the estate as of November 2010. We will have lots of material coming out over the next few years as well as the next 10-20 years.

^^
sony deal is only 7 years. why mention a 10-20 year period?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Jackson_popcorn.gif

20 songs is enough for two more albums. Not too bad.

But I would like to believe there is definitely waaay more than 20 songs. Wasn't Michael working on a new album? And he always over-recorded for each album. There's still outtakes from his previous albums that I'm sure many of us wouldn't mind hearing...

I don't even care. MJ gave us enough in his lifetime. I don't know if it's right to release everything..

this is bullshit, theres way more unreleased stuff, and worth releasing, we're talking from off the wall till now, and hes saying that only 20 songs remain? really stupid thing to say.

How in the Hell do you know??????????????????

Have you heard the songs??????

And maybe he's talking about recent material, not outtakes from albums 30 years ago that we've already heard.

this is utterly crap.

right after his death, they searched the vaults and happen to find a song that matches the "This Is It" Tour Name, which actually isn't the original song called "This Is It" written in 1980 and produced in 1984. But another song which isn't even called "This Is It", wrap it up under the name and shake every cent out of it.

And now they come up and say, there is no more!?

Everyone knows there is enough for at least the next 2 decades, almost complete songs, demos, rough demos, reworks, cancelled projects. If they would just leave them as they are, since Michael is not here to make the final touch on his work, at least let his audience enjoy his voice pure as it is. and may be let the fans work on the incomplete tracks, meaning release the album rough as it is, and let it people play around it, tune it, remix it.

Thats what the internet is all about, sharing and feedback.

Guys, you have to remember something...Quincy Jones stated that Nichael recorded 'tons' even 'hundreds' if songs fir THRILLER alone that didnt make the cut an possibly the same with BAD... I dont believe JRT at all.

Nobody has ever said he recorded 100s of songs for Thriller or Bad. That's ridiculous. Just take a step back and think about that.

They REVIEWED hundreds of songs, but not recorded them.

Blue Gangsta
Escape
STTR
DYKWYCA
LNFSG
Night Line
Hot Street
Trouble
She Got It
IYDLM
CGYWOOM
Don't Be Messin'
Groove Of Midnight

Here 13 that we've heard (atleast part of). There are also many mentioned songs. I think they are wrong.

Some of these aren't that good and wouldn't fit in the category Randy is speaking of.

Sticking some outtakes on a reissue is not the same as making a new original album.

Look at "Michael." Ten songs and people claim three are fakes, complain that some are too old and the production is weak on others.

Yet some of you believe there are 100 releasable songs out there. They had to work day and night to get this collection of 10 out.

Some of the songs we can find on Youtube will probably not be released on a new album and shouldn't. They are below average.

Other so-called songs were only partially recorded, and although they exist they are not full songs, unless you want to hear the same verse three times and the chorus 20 times.

We should only want high quality material released as original albums, not junk MJ left on the cutting room floor.

Back