Just Good Friends - What's wrong with it?

^ I mean it's terrible. That song was the only reason I bought the DVD, and Stevie's over-singing makes the whole thing unlistenable. Not every line has to have a word that contains 19 different notes.
On second thought, I can kind of agree. It wasn’t the best version.

Nothing’s wrong with Just Good Friends, though.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with it? This song gets a lot of hate, and for the life of me I will never understand why. The song is fun and funky. MJ and Stevie sound great together, and it has great ad libs from MJ. It makes me sad when I see fans say that it sould've be removed from BAD in favor of (Insert song here). Just Good Friends is an awesome song, and it deserves it's place on BAD.

You’re completely right.
It’s a fun & funky tune. I love it.

But standing next to some of those iconic classics (almost any of the other songs on that album, like Dirty Diana, Man In The Mirror, Smooth Criminal, TWYMMF, the title track itself) it pales a little.
I’d say it’s just the weakest part of the album, though as I said I still love it.
Speaks to the greatness of BAD!!

If anybody else released this song it'd probably be a moderate success.
I've never understood the idea for a song to become popular or a hit, it has to have some special quality. Those people must have never listened to the radio. 😄
Most people use that in a positive way...
Urban dictionary - To put forth effort towards a goal and succeed, enjoy, or dominate at the activity/goal. The competition and/or challenge was destroyed from your triumph.

After studying for the past few days I murdered that Chemistry test.

Most people use that in a positive way...
Nope.

Regardless of what it might say on a website, "murdering a song" has ALWAYS meant doing a bad job that sounds terrible. It's well known and unambiguous. At least in the UK.

"Killing it" is a slightly different emphasis.

I dunno. It must be an American thing.

Nope.

Regardless of what it might say on a website, "murdering a song" has ALWAYS meant doing a bad job that sounds terrible. It's well known and unambiguous. At least in the UK.

"Killing it" is a slightly different emphasis.

I dunno. It must be an American thing.
Guess so.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with it? This song gets a lot of hate, and for the life of me I will never understand why. The song is fun and funky. MJ and Stevie sound great together, and it has great ad libs from MJ. It makes me sad when I see fans say that it sould've be removed from BAD in favor of (Insert song here). Just Good Friends is an awesome song, and it deserves it's place on BAD.
I´ts not a bad song... only that in the album that came ou,t all other songs overshadowed this masterpiece.
If you put this song on an album as invincible people would have considered it the best.

I always skip this song,I did that in 1987 and I do it now in 2023.
The only song on Bad that I dislike.

Back