Justin Bieber’s New Single "Die" Is Really Just an Old Michael Jackson Song

It is certainly not uncommon to sample and copy old songs. I don't think it is a bad thing at all. I also think this song is certainly more a song which has samples from the old MJ song, but does not try to copy it or take credit or something like that. I'm not a big Bieber fan but I do know that he is a true and big MJ fan himself so it's all good in my book. :)

This song is keeping the Motown spirit alive and there's nothing wrong with that, because it was beautiful music. And because of Justin Bieber, a younger audience can get to know that sound.

A good song is a good song. I like it and prefer it to a lot of other nowaday sounds. Refreshing...:)

Last edited:
For the longest time I would go with the flow of hating on an artist just because it seems "cool" to, which a lot of people in this thread seem to be doing. A lot of judging going on, I don't think it's something Michael would like to hear his fans saying.

Anyway, I have been writing my own music for the past 8 years and so over time I think my musical taste has grown a lot and my respect and acceptance of artists is much more open than it used to be. I feel like I know how difficult it is to craft a song, I know the kind of soul you put into it, I know what you want to get across to people, I know the struggles and all that. So I can relate to a LOT of artists, I feel.

Lady GaGa, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Jay-Z, Kanye West, etc. are often criticized and I think it's largely just because of their extreme fame, they're easy targets. A lot of these artists contain hidden talents that I think you'd be surprised by, if you actually spent the time working with them in the studio you might gain some respect.

Now, I think people have to come to terms and enjoy music that is not always or ever as good as Michael Jackson. He was one of a kind, and from before and after his passing, newer artists have always been imitating him or giving him nods in ways. It's almost impossible not to, he made such an impact on nearly every person.

I used to hear mainstream music and think it was garbage, but I think Michael also had a huge impact on me loving before I judge. Even if the song isn't "brilliant", I find myself becoming the instruments, I feel the rhythm and I can put myself in the shoes of the song for a moment and escape. I feel like my mind has opened in a lot of ways, that so much music I used to regard as junk is now enjoyable, I actually love and am interested in the melodies people are creating in all genres!

Since over the past few years I've had this musical openness transformation, I decided I'd give Justin's album a listen because also, for some reason, I'm intrigued by people that everyone seems to hate these days. Like, why do people hate them and are they misjudging? Because I've been misjudged, I've seen Michael and countless others misjudged, I always want to judge for myself! Or not judge at all!

Anyway, I gave the Biebs' new album a go, it was actually very good. I didn't enjoy the entire thing, and particularly Die In Your Arms was one of my least favorite(although it wasn't terrible, just more like I'd listen at Christmas time), but Take You, All Around The World and Right Here are songs that have been become regular listens in my playlist, and to just have three more songs that I can jump inside makes me very happy.

It's this openness and acceptance and love that I now greet music with that allows me to be constantly finding more and more music that I can love forever. I hope more people stop making quick judgments and actually lend your heart to the person for a moment and see if you can feel anything.

I really don't hate anybody. If I like a song, I like it and it doesn't matter who it is if I like it. What I don't like is when people say this guy is the next Michael or the next king of pop. I find it disrespectful and insensitive. There is only one Michael Jackson. I have no problem with people crediting or being influenced by Michael. That's a good thing. Before Michael died you could see his influence on people yet some didn't want to acknowledge that. I don't think they did because they were afraid to say they admired Michael. I appreciate those who do acknowledge and give Michael respect. Michael had his inspirations and role models too yet he took it and made it his own. That's what everyone else needs to do. People will be good with that.

Back