Katherine Jackson Says Her Nephew Is Abusing Her

The kids get allowances (if you want to call it that) until they are old enough to get actual %'of the estate starting at 30

Paris-Michael K. J.‏Verified account @ParisJackson 10h10 hours ago
More
hope my grandma had the chance to watch the show tonight all the way from the UK… my number one goal is always to make her proud. miss u gma

So kj is still in London. 😞

The judge instead granted a continuance until a follow-up hearing March 23. Rale said he wants to depose Katherine Jackson in the meantime. Katherine, 86, has been away in London since she won a temporary restraining order Feb. 8, her lawyers said.

So she will again not be there for the 23 March hearing. I think she will stay in London until the hearing for joining the Bain-lawsuit. I think it is set in April. Does she have to be there in person or can she represented only from attorney? If she sure will stay in London until there is a decision about it.

I guess the family dont want her deposed. Will trents lawyer go all that way?

Here is the latest....

KATHERINE JACKSON JERMAINE'S BEHIND HER 'DISAPPEARANCE' ... TRENT CLAIMS (TMZ.com)

3/22/17 11:30 AM PST

Katherine Jackson's sudden vanishing act while she's allegedly claiming elder abuse at the hands of nephew Trent Jackson is being masterminded by none other than Michael's brother Jermaine ... so claims Trent in new legal documents.

Katherine got a restraining order against Trent last month, claiming in a declaration he was pilfering cash and abusing her, something Trent vehemently denies.

Now Trent and his lawyer, Ron Rale, say they have serious doubts Katherine even wrote the declaration, and they're pointing the finger at Jermaine. They note Katherine says in the declaration she's been in London and therefore did not appear in court, but Trent thinks its something more sinister.

He points to a blow-up in 2012, when Katherine disappeared and went somewhere in Arizona. Trent claims Jermaine and some of M.J.'s other siblings essentially held her hostage, even taking away her iPad and cell phone and told her the TV was broken ... all in an effort to allegedly wrestle control away from Trent, who has been caring for Katherine since Michael died in 2009.

Trent and Rale believe history is now repeating itself and Katherine has again been stripped of her free will thanks to Jermaine and others, and it's all about controlling the M.J. Estate.

Trent is asking the judge to force the issue and either dismiss the case or make Katherine appear in court. Trent clearly believes if she shows she'll support him and say what she said back in 2012 ... that she had no idea what was going on.

Last edited:
Not the court report, just a response from Jermaine to the press reports from Trent:

Michael Jackson's brother Jermaine lashes out at nephew who accused him of making 'the King of Pop's mother disappear' in bid to control the estate

Michael Jackson's older brother has branded claims he has orchestrated the sudden disappearance of their mother Katherine as part of a cynical bid to take over the King of Pop's vast estate as 'lies' and 'nonsense'.

Jermaine Jackson hit out at the allegations made in court papers filed in Los Angeles this week by the superstar singer's nephew Trent.
In a statement, released exclusively to DailyMail.com, Jermaine said: 'I would like to make clear that my only priority right now is the health and welfare of my mother.

'The suggestion that I am somehow orchestrating all this, against her true wishes, is nonsense.
'Together with my siblings, I support my mother wholeheartedly and stand behind her during this difficult time.
This is our mother. We’re looking out for her best interests.'

The papers filed by Trent, 52, were in response to a temporary restraining order granted against him last month by family matriarch Katherine.
The nephew and his lawyer believe the family drama is all the result of attempts to gain control of its lucrative estate.

But Jermaine, 62, says Katherine's faculties 'remain sharp' and that she is fully aware of everything.
'The notion that she can’t act on her own, or can be led astray by me, tells its own story about how Trent Jackson regards her,' he said in the statement.
'She is a strong lady but has genuine health concerns about returning home until this matter is resolved.'

He added: 'As for the idea that I have plotted Trent’s removal to somehow take control of Michael’s estate, that both overstates his position and underestimates the control that executors John Branca and John McClain currently have.

'Anyone with any knowledge of how the estate works knows how laughable that claim is.

'As Michael always taught us, lies run sprints but the truth runs marathons - and the truth of this situation will ultimately be examined in the courts.
'I would only add that if Trent truly had my mother’s interests at heart, he would know to do the decent thing and walk away. '

(Edited from today's Daily Fail)

Thanks for the update.......Katherine Jackson’s Nephew Wants Her To Testify Over Restraining Order https://lawestmedia.com/lawest/katherine-jackson-nephew-restraining-order/

An attorney for Katherine Jackson’s nephew said today he wants the Jackson family matriarch, who’s currently in London, to be ordered to testify next week before a Los Angeles judge tasked with deciding whether to extend a temporary restraining order against his client.

Ronald Rale said Trent Lamar Jackson has a right to have his counsel cross-examine Katherine Jackson, whose lawyer, Julianna Edwards, has said her 86-year-old client will not return home until the order is extended.

Rale said his best hope is that Trent and Katherine Jackson sit down outside of court and discuss their differences. “He loves his aunt, he cares for his aunt,” Rale said.

Katherine Jackson’s attorneys maintain her sworn declaration can be used in lieu of her testimony. Her other attorney, Joy Bass, said it is unfair to try and force an elderly woman to court who has has made it clear she wants her nephew to say away. “It makes no sense, she’s asked him to leave,” Bass said. “It’s more of the abuse.”

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Rolf M. Treu asked for briefs from both sides on whether Katherine Jackson can be required to testify in person. He also asked for a list of witnesses and an estimate of the length of their testimony.

The TRO was granted in February. Court papers submitted on behalf of Katherine Jackson allege that her nephew wanted to maintain control of her finances and live in her guest house without having to pay rent. The papers also allege that family members have witnessed ongoing abuse by her nephew, who once worked as her driver and is the son of Luther Jackson, brother of her ex-husband Joe Jackson.

Trent Jackson was ordered under the TRO to return all keys, passwords and combinations for his aunt’s property and to stop obtaining access to her bank accounts. He also has been ordered to remain 100 yards from her and to not enter the gated community where she resides.

Rale has called his client “a teddy bear” who was personally hired by Michael Jackson before he died to protect his mother. He said his client is concerned that his aunt felt she even had to make the trip to London. Rale said his client has moved out of Katherine Jackson’s property.

Hearing in elder abuse case of Michael Jackson's mother delayed

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...hael-jackson-mother-delayed-article-1.3007361

A critical hearing in Katherine Jackson's elder abuse case was delayed Thursday amid a new battle to force her return from London.

Lawyers for nephew Trent Jackson won the continuance saying the matriarch must appear in person for the court to be sure she wants a permanent restraining order barring Trent from her life.

"She needs to be here. If she's here and she says Trent abused her, so be it," Trent's lawyer Ron Rale said outside the courtroom.

"He loves his aunt. He cares for his aunt. He wants the best for her," Rale said.

Katherine won a temporary restraining order against Trent last month and claimed in a follow-up sworn statement she's "tired of being subjected to his manipulation, mistreatment, abuse of my finances and bullying."

She said Trent, the nephew of her husband Joe Jackson, isolated her from her kids in recent years, screened her calls, copied the key to her bedroom, yelled at her, stole her money and refused to call 911 once when she thought she was having a stroke or seizure.

"I have been afraid to fire him out of fear of his retaliation," she wrote. "This time I am clear and resolute … Enough is enough."

One of her lawyers said Thursday that it's "ridiculous" to force the Jackson family matriarch to return from London — where she's staying with daughter Rebbie — to prove she truly wants him fired.

"They're trying to get an 86-year-old woman to come from London. They're continuing (this matter) over and over, making Katherine come and face this guy. It makes no sense. She's asked him to leave, and he doesn't want to go. It's more of the abuse. She has to spend more money on counsel. It's just ridiculous," lawyer Joy Bass said outside court.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Rolf Treu delayed the hearing until Tuesday and ordered several witnesses to return for possible testimony. He's expected to rule on whether Katherine must appear in person by then.

One witness subpoenaed by Trent was Tito Jackson's son TJ Jackson, a relative who's acted as a co-guardian of Michael Jackson's three kids along with Katherine.

Katherine won a temporary restraining order against her nephew Trent Jackson last month.

TJ looked uncomfortable and waved hello to Katherine's supporters as he was called into the gallery by the judge and ordered to return next week.

It seems very curious that Joe (Trent's uncle) embarked on a Caribbean cruise around the time that Katherine travelled to London, and that he now seems to be enjoying an extended period of time away, currently in Hawaii.

From Joe on Twitter, 22 March

The best way to recuperate is to be one with nature. The water lifts my spirits. Aloha from outrigger Waikiki. A picture says a thousand words. Surrounded by fans and friends. Found out the meaning of Aloha: “affection, peace, compassion and mercy.” I am 88 years old turning 89 in four months but the energy nature feeds me, has me feeling sweet 16 inside !

^^Katherine has "fans" standing outside court?

Presumably the same 'fake will' activists as always

Last edited:
Funny how they always try to keep kj away. First arizona and now london.you know something stinks everytime they pull this B.S. hope kj doesnt over stay she might get deported?.

Another fine example of wjy mj stayed away from the nutjobs.no wonder they always spun it to try and make it put like it was mj with the problem.

So we wait again for the next hearing and see what t.j does

Hopefully next week we will have a better idea which side TJ etc are on......it's been surprising that MJ''s kids and TJ have been quiet on this serious matter.....compared to 2012.

Last edited:
I guess the kids bar blanket dont live with her and got loads of abuse last time so other than paris tweet maybe they are just sitting back and seeing what the crazies do next

KATHERINE JACKSON
TELLS JUDGE, TRENT'S SO BAD
I'M HIDING OUT IN LONDON (TMZ.com)

3/25/17 12:59 AM PST
Katherine Jackson -- or someone claiming to be Katherine Jackson -- has doubled down in the family war, claiming again Michael's cousin, Trent, has been stealing from and bullying the matriarch.

Katherine has been MIA for months after allegedly leveling claims Trent has pilfered $40k out of her bank account and manipulated her into buying him a Cadillac. She's also claimed elder abuse.

Trent has said it's all BS ... that Katherine isn't really driving this, but rather it's Jermaine and some of her other kids in order to get control of MJ's Estate.

In the new declaration -- obtained by TMZ -- Katherine says she's in London because she's scared to come home for fear Trent will now seek revenge on her. She says she's now filled with stress and anxiety, and she's now taking new meds to cope.

Katherine also says she's had meeting with social workers from Adult Protective Services and they will vouch for the authenticity of her claims.

The judge in the case is deciding whether he'll require Katherine's presence in court for the case against Trent to go forward.

KATHERINE JACKSON
TELLS JUDGE, TRENT'S SO BAD
I'M HIDING OUT IN LONDON (TMZ.com)

3/25/17 12:59 AM PST
Katherine Jackson -- or someone claiming to be Katherine Jackson -- has doubled down in the family war, claiming again Michael's cousin, Trent, has been stealing from and bullying the matriarch.

Katherine has been MIA for months after allegedly leveling claims Trent has pilfered $40k out of her bank account and manipulated her into buying him a Cadillac. She's also claimed elder abuse.

Trent has said it's all BS ... that Katherine isn't really driving this, but rather it's Jermaine and some of her other kids in order to get control of MJ's Estate.

In the new declaration -- obtained by TMZ -- Katherine says she's in London because she's scared to come home for fear Trent will now seek revenge on her. She says she's now filled with stress and anxiety, and she's now taking new meds to cope.

Katherine also says she's had meeting with social workers from Adult Protective Services and they will vouch for the authenticity of her claims.

The judge in the case is deciding whether he'll require Katherine's presence in court for the case against Trent to go forward.

I don't think social workers would look at one person in the house, without considering the safety of others in the same household - especially minors who may also be 'at risk'. The more she claims she is at risk in LA, more I think someone will have to ask questions about others who may also be 'at risk' in the same household, eg Bigi and maybe TJ's chidren.

Ha ha. Always the same. Kj gets "kidnapped" and suddenly starts making all these claims when surrounded by rebbie randy janet and co. Yet shock horror no one can get to her to actually ask her herself.. it would be funny if it wasnt so tacky and predictable

Last edited:
This is getting more and more suspicious. So Katherine is not available for comments, except for signing court docs.

Who can tell if this 84-year-old woman isn't just signing anything her shady kids tell her to sign? So I'd rather have her tell about these allegations in her own words before I believe she is the one even just making them.

Yuup she has to speak for herself without the help from the cubs (eg." hostage" video in 2012) in person.

She would prob still support them in court. she did it over kidnapping one. She would always protect them no matter what they do

She would prob still support them in court. she did it over kidnapping one. She would always protect them no matter what they do

I thought she did initially with that video statement surrounded by some of her cubs......but when she was ordered to return or she would lose custody of MJ3, she admitted in court it was the cubs who misled her, and she had no idea how worried Prince and Paris was over her whereabouts, because they kept phones etc away from her.

^^I think that's correct.

Well, I could be wrong, but I think she would be more loyal to her own kids than to Trent, whether she talks to the attorney/court in person or on Skype. I think statements from TJ, his wife, Prince, the kids would be more informative of what's going on.
Also, they could easily audit the books to see if he has been stealing from her, etc.

I can't stand Nancy Disgrace but she was right when she said in that interview she did to Trent the drama never ends with the Jacksons. What does it need to happen for those slacker cubs to stop going after Michael's money once and for all? Blanket being an adult?

I can't stand Nancy Disgrace but she was right when she said in that interview she did to Trent the drama never ends with the Jacksons. What does it need to happen for those slacker cubs to stop going after Michael's money once and for all? Blanket being an adult?

Also if this has been going on for years, why did she leave minors with Trent in 2012? and currently Bigi right now?......wouldn't Trent be a "danger" to him as well, especially with all the spying devices in the house? None of this makes sense......only raising more red flags.

KATHERINE JACKSON WON'T APPEAR AGAINST NEPHEW IN COURT

3/28/2017 7:06 AM PDT

EXCLUSIVE
Katherine Jackson will be a no-show Tuesday in a case that has become a family war over control of Michael Jackson's estate.

Katherine has filed for a permanent restraining order against her nephew, Trent Jackson, who has been caring for her since Michael died in 2009. The matriarch filed a declaration saying she thinks Trent has stolen from her and committed elder abuse against her, something Trent has strongly denied.
Katherine is in London, where she's been for months. She has not been seen but some of her kids say she's scared to come back to the U.S. because she's afraid of Trent.

Trent says Katherine's being manipulated by Jermaine and some of her other kids, adding the kids made the stories up and Katherine may not have even signed the declaration.

Trent points to a crazy incident in 2012, where Jermaine and some of the other kids took her to Arizona. At the time Paris went nuclear, saying the her grandma had essentially been kidnapped.

The judge has indicated he may boot the case if Katherine doesn't show, so we'll know at 1:30 PM PDT Tuesday.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/03/28/kather...rt-appearance/

Katherine Jackson must testify in person in elder abuse battle against nephew Trent Jackson, judge rules

Katherine Jackson must leave her daughter Janet Jackson’s London home and take the witness stand in California if she wants her voice heard in her elder abuse battle with nephew Trent Jackson, a judge ruled Tuesday.

It was the first day of testimony in her restraining order trial in Los Angeles County Superior Court, and Judge Rolf Treu said he wouldn’t accept a sworn statement from the King of Pop’s 86-year-old mom in place of her live appearance and cross-examination.

It wasn’t immediately clear if the ruling would sway the matriarch to return home amid Trent's claims her written statement filed with the court might have been doctored, her lawyer Joy Bass told the Daily News outside court.

“I’ll have to ask her tonight,” Bass said. "I speak to her everyday."

Hearing in elder abuse case of Michael Jackson's mother delayed

She said Katherine voluntarily traveled to the UK to be with daughter Janet Jackson, who welcomed her first child with husband Wissam Al Mana in early January.

“She went there to see the baby,” Bass said. “That’s her baby having a baby.”

Bass said Katherine is now “under a doctor’s care” in London and is a “vulnerable” senior who shouldn’t be forced to put her health at risk for live testimony.

Bass and her co-counsel Julianna Edwards called their first three witnesses Tuesday but got shut down on several fronts as they sought testimony on Trent's alleged mistreatment.

Katherine Jackson seeks medical care over nephew's alleged abuse

First the judge ruled a social worker from Adult Protective Services didn’t have to share his case file or answer questions even though Edwards said Katherine “condones the release of the records.”

Katherine’s head of security Stephen Caines testified that he spoke to Katherine in the UK by phone and later changed some locks in her house — but the judge stopped him from saying whether Katherine told him she feared Trent.

Janice Smith, who’s served as Katherine’s personal assistant for decades, testified she witnessed Katherine acting “withdrawn” and “fearful” around Trent, but the judge sustained an objection and wouldn’t let her answer whether she saw Trent acting “mean or abrasive.”

Katherine won a temporary restraining order against Trent in February that she wants the court to make permanent. She claimed in her sworn statement she’s “tired of being subjected to his manipulation, mistreatment, abuse of my finances and bullying.”

Michael Jackson's cousin must avoid King of Pop's mom

She said Trent — her driver and the nephew of her husband Joe Jackson — isolated her from her kids in recent years, screened her calls, copied the key to her bedroom, yelled at her, stole money and refused to call 911 when she thought she was having a stroke or seizure.

“I have been afraid to fire him out of fear of his retaliation,” she wrote. “This time I am clear and resolute…Enough is enough.”

Trent has denied mistreating Katherine.

“The evidence is not going to show any abuse by Mr. Jackson. What the evidence will show is that this case is eerily similar to what happened in 2012,” his lawyer Ron Rale said in court Tuesday.

Katherine Jackson accuses nephew-in-law Trent of elder abuse

He said back in 2012, Katherine was essentially kidnapped when she was whisked away to Arizona by several of her adult kids who then mounted a challenge to the executors of Michael Jackson’s estate.

Lawyers for Katherine and her grandson TJ Jackson went to court saying Katherine went missing from her California home while she was supposed to be caring for Michael Jackson's three kids Prince Michael, Paris and Blanket, who were all minors at the time.

Katherine’s adult kids Jermaine, Randy, Janet and Rebbie countered that their mother was resting at the Arizona spa, per her doctor’s orders.

A judge granted co-guardianship of Paris, Prince and Blanket to TJ during the family feud.

In recent filings for Katherine’s new restraining order, Jermaine said Trent turned violent when he and Janet tried to visit Katherine’s house amid the kidnapping allegations to tell Paris, Prince and Blanket their grandmother was “fine.”

“Trent started locking doors,” Jermaine recalled of the visit. “Trent hit my nephew in the jaw.”

Rale said Tuesday he wants Katherine to appear in person to put all the speculation about her true wishes to rest.

He said it would be a “lack of due process” if Trent isn't allowed to cross-examine her.

“It would not be a vicious cross examination,” Rale said. “If she, from her heart, said she felt bullied (by Trent), we would honor that.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...y-person-elder-abuse-battle-article-1.3012193

Michael Jackson’s mom afraid of her ‘teddy bear’ nephew?

Katherine Jackson’s longtime personal assistant testified Tuesday that the 86-year-old Jackson family matriarch appeared afraid of a nephew who served as her driver, and against whom she is seeking an extension of a stay-away order.

“On several occasions I have seen it,” Janice Smith said of Katherine Jackson’s frightened demeanor when around Trent Lamar Jackson.

Smith, who has been Katherine Jackson’s right-hand person for 23 years and has worked for the family for 36 years, said Trent Jackson also has “constantly” tried to prevent her from speaking with her boss during calls to her Calabasas home. Smith said he also made changes in where the Jackson family received mail.

Prior to the start of testimony, Ronald Rale, Trent Jackson’s attorney, convinced Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Rolf M. Treu that sworn written declarations submitted on behalf of Katherine Jackson and other witnesses are not proper substitutes for live testimony.

Treu ruled that although declarations are permitted in lieu of testimony in hearings for restraining orders, requests for permanent orders require the witness’ presence.

Treu, who is presiding over the non-jury hearing, also found that Katherine Jackson, who has been living in London, is still a resident of California and that the subpoena served on one of her attorneys to get the Jackson family matriarch to court was valid.

The judge said he found it “incongruous” that Katherine Jackson’s lawyers were arguing that their client was a resident of England and not subject to being subpoenaed to a hearing in California while at the same time asking that state’s courts to provide her with protection.

Rale said he intends to call Katherine Jackson to the stand later in the hearing.

The TRO was granted in February. Court papers submitted on behalf of Katherine Jackson allege that her nephew wanted to maintain control of her finances and live in her guest house without having to pay rent.

The papers also allege that family members have witnessed ongoing abuse by her nephew, who is the son of Luther Jackson, brother of her ex-husband Joe Jackson.

Trent Jackson was ordered under the TRO to return all keys, passwords and combinations for his aunt’s property and to stop obtaining access to her bank accounts. He also has been ordered to remain 100 yards from her and to not enter the gated community where she resides.

Rale has called his client “a teddy bear” who was personally hired by Michael Jackson before he died to protect his mother. He said his client is concerned that his aunt felt she even had to make the trip to London.

Rale said his client has moved out of Katherine Jackson’s Calabasas home.

–City News Service http://mynewsla.com/hollywood/2017/03/28/michael-jacksons-mom-afraid-teddy-bear-nephew/

Back