Keep calm with pics of beautiful nature

A0319-A46-D7-B5-4861-9-FF8-2-B7-C16-A03-C86.jpg
My goodness these are absolutely gorgeous ladies! 🥰

It may be hot and dry at times here in the desert but the sunsets and nature are glorious!
Those colours! Are they real! I have never seen that shade of purple in the sky 😲, and the way it is reflected on the one cactus and stones 😲

A0319-A46-D7-B5-4861-9-FF8-2-B7-C16-A03-C86.jpg
My goodness these are absolutely gorgeous ladies! 🥰

It may be hot and dry at times here in the desert but the sunsets and nature are glorious!
omg, MM90, this is beautiful. Can I ask where it is? I mean, USA, obvs, but where exactly? I love it. Just Wow!

The colours, the shapes, the mood, the textures, the wildness, the perspective ... ❤️

P.S. - just looked at your profile thingy. Is it Arizona?

Last edited:
Those colours! Are they real! I have never seen that shade of purple in the sky 😲, and the way it is reflected on the one cactus and stones 😲
Hiker, I love your thread. I've stopped here first today. It might become my new routine.

I've seen purple skies here in the UK when we get a certain type of thunderstorm but it's not standard. Fairly rare, actually. And it wouldn't usually cover the whole sky like this. And we don't have this melodramatic landscape, of course.

MM90's photo is awesome! :)

omg, MM90, this is beautiful. Can I ask where it is? I mean, USA, obvs, but where exactly? I love it. Just Wow!

The colours, the shapes, the mood, the textures, the wildness, the perspective ... ❤️
I want to say it's Camelback Mountain in Phoenix, Arizona, there are a lot of hiking trails around the area with fantastic views and nature ❤️

BEAUTIFUL ! Thread!

🤭 Sorry ladies I couldn't help it lol

Okay ..okay some pictures. Beautiful thread !

The Cotswolds England

East Sussex. England

Beatrix potter's Garden. Lake District, England

Painting of the Lake district England, by John Ormerod.

I want to say it's Camelback Mountain in Phoenix, Arizona, there are a lot of hiking trails around the area with fantastic views and nature ❤️
That's a great name. You can see why it would get that name but the mountains also look like pyramids, don't you think? Fabulous!

BEAUTIFUL ! Thread!

🤭 Sorry ladies I couldn't help it lol

Okay ..okay some pictures. Beautiful thread !

The Cotswolds England

East Sussex. England

Beatrix potter's Garden. Lake District, England

Painting of the Lake district England, by John Ormerod.
Final proof, wendi.

I was gonna post the photo of Michael reclining on the hillside but I had already posted so many photos, I was trying to be restrained and well-behaved. As if!

And then, your choices of English landscapes, I was totally gonna go for the Cotswolds but, again, was trying to rein myself in. I got a bit carried away with Hiker's beautiful thread. I was gonna go for the Cotswolds and the Chilterns.

Isn't Beatrix Potter's garden the business? So beautiful.

I thought I hadn't been to the Lake District but, in fact, I did once go to Kendal. This was yonks ago so I'd forgotten all about it. We did see some lovely countryside on the way there and back.

Final proof, wendi.

I was gonna post the photo of Michael reclining on the hillside but I had already posted so many photos, I was trying to be restrained and well-behaved. As if!
🤭 One and the same Sister ! lol (I was actually gonna post Sca Fell lol ...I posted the other photos and then read the thread back. I was like what wow cool!. lol

but Beatrix potters Garden is so stunning , yeah true.

Micheldever wood. Hampshire, England

Wittenham Clumps. Oxfordshire, Southern England.

Canterbury. Kent , England

Last edited:
That's a great name. You can see why it would get that name but the mountains also look like pyramids, don't you think? Fabulous!
Oh yes they do! :D Yes ma'am that's definitely why that mountain has it's name, looks like a camel with it's humps lol

Since it's Wednesday lol
Geico-Commercial-It-S-Hump-Day-GIF-Camel-Hump-Day-Camel-Hump-Discover-Share-GIFs.gif

But yes, more nature

sedonaaz.png

Gorgeous Sedona, Arizona

Oh yes they do! :D Yes ma'am that's definitely why that mountain has it's name, looks like a camel with it's humps lol

But yes, more nature

sedonaaz.png

Gorgeous Sedona, Arizona
OK, just so everyone knows. I will probably have to re-post this photo every once in a while. Just letting everyone know.

I mean, apart from anything else it has the MOON, people! And it is astonishingly beautiful.

I rest my case!

iu

Fore Abbey, County Westmeath, Eire / Republic of Ireland. Michael lived in County Westmeath for a few months.

N.B. There is Meath and there is Westmeath. I'm not familiar with the geography of this part of Ireland but my understanding is, one part of the county is called Westmeath and the other part is Meath.

Last edited:
That is absolutely beautiful, I want to visit Ireland...Michael really enjoyed himself there too 🥰
He did enjoy himself, didn't he? Which isn't surprising. Irish people - from the North and from the Republic - are fabulous. He wasn't there for very long but it seems to have been a very healing time for him.

iu

According to an old thread I found on the board,in 2003 Michael emailed the following question to Bjork:

Michael Jackson, Santa Barbara, California : I have always loved and admired your creativity. Nature's struggle to survive alongside mankind has been an inspiration for me: given the natural beauty of your Icelandic homeland, how does nature inspire your work?

So I went looking for a photo of Iceland and found this.

iu

According to an old thread I found on the board,in 2003 Michael emailed the following question to Bjork:

Michael Jackson, Santa Barbara, California : I have always loved and admired your creativity. Nature's struggle to survive alongside mankind has been an inspiration for me: given the natural beauty of your Icelandic homeland, how does nature inspire your work?

So I went looking for a photo of Iceland and found this.
Awe wow, that is so beautiful!

Gorgeous Sedona, Arizona

This can't be a real photo!

It looks a lot like an APOD photo to me. It probably isn't. The local tourist board probably did it but it has that APOD vibe, imo.

APOD = Astronomy Picture Of the Day

It's a NASA thing. They post pictures of the night sky, constellations, the moon etc. Some of the photos are madly technical and don't interest me but the landscape ones are often wonderful and this is the type of thing you might see. Maybe the landscape would be slightly less prominent but very similar. They've got a gorgeous September sunrise photo on there, atm. It's my most used bookmark. 🙂

Back