King of Pop - The French Fans Selection (Deluxe Edition) question.....

innuendo141

Proud Member
Country
Ireland
OK so I picked this up on eBay a few years ago, and I'm just ripping it to my iTunes.

I never realised that there was essentially another "disc" of material that can be accessed online through the "Opendisc" function, but I cant seem to get it to work for me at all.

Does anyone else have this CD (or another King of Pop comp that has the same feature)?

I have this set but didn't know it came with that feature. I don't have access to it right now but next week will check it out. The French Fan Edition and the UK Deluxe are my two favourite editions of the KOP compilations. I know you're not a fan of the KOP sets but of all the Hits releases they are my favourite, especially those 3 disc sets, they offered a broader retrospective of material.

I have this set but didn't know it came with that feature. I don't have access to it right now but next week will check it out. The French Fan Edition and the UK Deluxe are my two favourite editions of the KOP compilations. I know you're not a fan of the KOP sets but of all the Hits releases they are my favourite, especially those 3 disc sets, they offered a broader retrospective of material.

I am actually looking out for the UK one at the minute- I have the 1 disc version, which is shite, but the French one is kind of cool. I like how it has Carousel and some of the radio edits. It's just very loud is all!

Still, mad to get that 3cd edition of the UK one, but I dont wanna spend that much on it. Yet.

I am actually looking out for the UK one at the minute- I have the 1 disc version, which is shite, but the French one is kind of cool. I like how it has Carousel and some of the radio edits. It's just very loud is all!

Still, mad to get that 3cd edition of the UK one, but I dont wanna spend that much on it. Yet.
The 3 disc UK Deluxe 3rd disc is great imo, Can't Get Out Of The Rain, Say Say Say and the extended dance mixes of Thriller & Bad tracks. Also has Speechless and (I think) Ghosts. I get mixed up with the tracklisting but I found the UK Deluxe so refreshing.
I will keep my eyes open here for you as I visit the second hand record/cd shops but these KOP sets are something I never see. If I do find a UK Deluxe I'll get it for you but I'd be very surprised.

Edit] Just looking at the track listing now; On The Line, Someone Put Your Hand Out, Butterflies, it had a really great selection, although it does have 3discs. Every Hits package should be 3 discs in my opinion. And The French fan Edition has a digital 4 disc! Must check the track listing.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 3 disc UK Deluxe 3rd disc is great imo, Can't Get Out Of The Rain, Say Say Say and the extended dance mixes of Thriller & Bad tracks. Also has Speechless and (I think) Ghosts. I get mixed up with the tracklisting but I found the UK Deluxe so refreshing.
I will keep my eyes open here for you as I visit the second hand record/cd shops but these KOP sets are something I never see. If I do find a UK Deluxe I'll get it for you but I'd be very surprised.

Edit] Just looking at the track listing now; On The Line, Someone Put Your Hand Out, Butterflies, it had a really great selection, although it does have 3discs. Every Hits package should be 3 discs in my opinion. And The French fan Edition has a digital 4 disc! Must check the track listing.

Just saw it on amazon for 20 odd euro... and I have been expanding the CD collection this week....

20 euros is quite good. I've been looking for info on the extra downloadable material on The French Fan Version but can't find it anywhere. Curious to know what the extra tracks are.

I just tried again and it never seems to work, it cant connect.

The UK deluxe has the same feature apparently. Just going through the French one now. Its a good selecton, its just a shame the crappy P edit of TDCAU is used instead of even the single version.

If you compare Say Say Say with the remastered version on the Pipes of Peace rerelease from last year its ssssssoooooooooooo much louder ha

The UK deluxe has the same feature apparently. Just going through the French one now. Its a good selecton, its just a shame the crappy P edit of TDCAU is used instead of even the single version.

If you compare Say Say Say with the remastered version on the Pipes of Peace rerelease from last year its ssssssoooooooooooo much louder ha

That was an incredibly well done remaster, how Remasters should be done.

I wonder was that feature on KOP only for a limited time? Haven't heard the Pipes of Peace release but recently saw the new mix of Say Say Say vinyl single in a record shop, might get that.

Yeah,you'll always get a crapy edit somewhere when it comes to an MJ compilation. :D

Back