LAPD Denies Report Michael Jackson's Dead Treated as Homicide

it's an old thread from July started before the autopsy results were announced.

Hold up, you're right. This thread was started in July.

That explains everything.

What I find IS interesting is that it is still true we don't know what happened.

No one knows for sure the time of death or what really happened. It is felt by many fans that Michael was already dead, possibly even for hours before the 911 call. It is also said the EMT (Fire Dept Rescue) knew this but had no choice but to follow the doctors orders and continue CPR. I raise my eyebrows on a lot of this because...

If there was Lividity at the time they arrived, what happens after that doesn't make any sense either.

Livor mortis or postmortem lividity or hypostasis (Latin: livor—bluish color, mortis—of death), one of the signs of death, is a settling of the blood in the lower (dependent) portion of the body, causing a purplish red discoloration of the skin: when the heart is no longer agitating the blood, heavy red blood cells sink through the serum by action of gravity. This discoloration does not occur in the areas of the body that are in contact with the ground or another object, as the capillaries are compressed.

Coroners can use the presence or absence of livor mortis as a means of determining an approximate time of death. The presence of livor mortis is an indication of when it would be irrelevant to begin CPR, or when it is ineffective to continue it if it is in progress. It can also be used by forensic investigators to determine whether or not a body has been moved (for instance, if the body is found lying face down but the pooling is present on the deceased's back, investigators can determine that the body was originally positioned face up).

More importantly....why did the hospital work on Michael if he was already dead?

Medical DOA

When presented with a pulseless patient, medical professionals are required to perform CPR unless specific conditions are met which allow them to pronounce the patient as deceased. For example, in most places, these are examples of such criteria:

* Injuries not compatible with life. These include but are not necessarily limited to decapitation, incineration, severed body, and injuries that do not permit effective administration of CPR. If a patient is presenting with any of these conditions, it should be intuitively obvious that the patient is non-viable.
* Rigor mortis, indicating that the patient has been dead for at least a few hours. Rigor mortis can sometimes be difficult to determine, so it is often used reported along with other determining factors.
* Obvious decomposition.
* Lividity, indicating that the body has been pulseless and in the same position long enough for blood to sink and collect within the body, creating purplish discolorations at the lowest points of the body (with respect to gravity).
* Stillbirth. If it can be determined without a doubt that an infant died prior to birth, as indicated by skin blisters, an unusually soft head, and an extremely offensive odor, resuscitation should not be attempted. If there is even the slightest hope that the infant is viable, CPR should be initiated; some jurisdictions maintain that life-saving efforts should be attempted on all infants to assure parents that all possible actions were performed to save their child, futile as the medical professionals may have known them to be.

Why did the hospital accept the responsibility of this case if they knew he was long dead? I suspect this may not have been the case at all.

We don't really know because we don't have all the facts. We have a lot of 'he said/she said' but we don't have clean facts. Sure, we have warrants we can read but they are not 'quotes' in many cases and can be police theory. Just some food for thought here.

Isn't something supposed to be unsealed on January 18th 2010??

like search warrants or something. idk.

I would hope they have put together more of the case and are ready to actually make some sort of arrest or come up with some explanation of what really happened but its only a hope of mine.

Back