Leaking of unreleased songs

MJImpeccable

Proud Member
Hi everyone,

As you guys know, the Michael Jackson estate has been lacking in releasing Michaels unreleased songs or other materials such as 4k footage of the bad tour or music video's.

The previous posthumus albums were pretty succusful, as wel as the release of 'Dont matter to me' with Drake.

Although I understand that the timing of a release is important, like Michaels reputation is damaged since Leaving Neverland or that the songs were already leaked. Resulting in no release for Dangerous25 and History25.

Recently the laptop of brad got stolen at his seminar and people (such as JacksonUnreleased on twitter) are working on getting the unreleased material and releasing it themselves, with the argument "the fans deserve it" or "the fans have the right to the unreleased material". (IMO selfish behaviour)

I was wondering what your opinion is about this topic? And what would be the result of him unreleased songs being leaked? What should the estate do in your opinion? (Especially with the biopic coming, which will lead to a lot of traffic and interest.

IMO, even though we all probably would love to hear all unreleased songs (whether finished or not), We as fans don't 'deserve' of 'have right to' anything. Michael was a perfectionist and his songs were not released for a reason. Thinking we 'deserve' or 'have the right' to is simply being selfish and only thinking about your own interests or gain.

Besides, I think leaking all unreleased songs will decrease the 'magic' around michael's discography and unreleased music because when we have everything, there is nothing to look forward to.

Also, when the estate does release something, the fans are mad because they already heard the song. (Well maybe dont promote leaking songs)

I hope the estate is going to release a single or an album with the biopic and clearing his name after all the slander against him.

Please let me know what your opinion is and if you agree with me or not.

Release a boxset with every unreleased demo. Because life doesn't last forever.
And a boxset with every concert. Do I think it will happen? I doubt it very much☹️in fact I don't think they will ever release another concert.

Last edited:
I'd be happy with just a 2 disc release of Invincible.
I want all of the cut songs in their original form properly mastered.
It's his only release that I'm incredibly unsatisfied with.
I really liked the vibe of the upbeat songs, but hated the ballads. Mainly because there are too many of them.
Would love to see a proper release.

I'd be happy with just a 2 disc release of Invincible.
I want all of the cut songs in their original form properly mastered.
It's his only release that I'm incredibly unsatisfied with.
I really liked the vibe of the upbeat songs, but hated the ballads. Mainly because there are too many of them.
Would love to see a proper release.
If the estate didn't give the time of day to Dangerous they definitely won't do anything for Invincible, especially considering they didn't say anything about Invincible's 20th anniversary.

It would be cool if it were to happen though, imagine disc 2 with songs like Monster, the demo of Another Day, the demo of Hollywood Tonight and some other cuts we don't know about. It would be amazing.

Something physical ..DVD ...CD ..and saying that , these are old formats for music. the estate does not cater for the old fans it caters for the next gen of MJ fans so i guess they are telling his story of m with the up-coming project. The fans who supported his solo carer from say , 1971- 2009 aren't the main target .we ain't getting nothing.

But don't worry because it happens in every fan base and i believe we just have to accept it.

If the estate didn't give the time of day to Dangerous they definitely won't do anything for Invincible, especially considering they didn't say anything about Invincible's 20th anniversary.

It would be cool if it were to happen though, imagine disc 2 with songs like Monster, the demo of Another Day, the demo of Hollywood Tonight and some other cuts we don't know about. It would be amazing.
Lol hell we didn't even mention i20

or AI covers of JTs justified album? And a piece of chalk vial of real tears by MJ! I mean Branca. I mean, Jason Malachi. Idk anymore.

I want a 25th anniversary edition of Invincible with black colour and Michaels face in gold.

We haven't gotten any Off The Wall, Dangerous or History or Invincible anniversary drops, which is so odd considering we have Bad and Thriller.

We haven't gotten any Off The Wall, Dangerous or History or Invincible anniversary drops, which is so odd considering we have Bad and Thriller.

Not enough material for OTW and HIStory and for Dangerous and Invincible, the Estate will have to go through collaborators and we know they won't be doing that

Not enough material for OTW and HIStory and for Dangerous and Invincible, the Estate will have to go through collaborators and we know they won't be doing that
How sure are we though? I keep hearing this about OTW, History, Dangerous and Invincible, but I don't agree.

Bad 25 had 10 extra songs, where 4 of them are previously unreleased, and 2 of them are just French and Spanish version of IJCSLY. That means 6 "new" songs.

Thriller 40 had 10 extra songs as well, where 4 of the songs had already been released. That means 6 "new" songs.

Surely, OTW anniversary box set with perhaps 5-10 extra songs, where some can be already released, and some "new". And don't forget the possibilities of remastered music videos footage and some concerts. They did the (lazy) documentary for OTW. Might as well have gone full inn and include what I just mentioned.

Same thing can be said for Dangerous (which has tons of unreleased songs), History and Invincible.

They are lazy, unwilling and incompetent

How sure are we though? I keep hearing this about OTW, History, Dangerous and Invincible, but I don't agree.

Bad 25 had 10 extra songs, where 4 of them are previously unreleased, and 2 of them are just French and Spanish version of IJCSLY. That means 6 "new" songs.

Thriller 40 had 10 extra songs as well, where 4 of the songs had already been released. That means 6 "new" songs.

Surely, OTW anniversary box set with perhaps 5-10 extra songs, where some can be already released, and some "new". And don't forget the possibilities of remastered music videos footage and some concerts. They did the (lazy) documentary for OTW. Might as well have gone full inn and include what I just mentioned.

Same thing can be said for Dangerous (which has tons of unreleased songs), History and Invincible.

They are lazy, unwilling and incompetent

With Thriller and Bad re-releases, the songs were mostly written by Michael so it was no need to split money between collaborators

with OTW, we don't have any unreleased songs.....I mean during the Deposition, Michael did say a lot of the unreleased songs mentioned were submitted for the album but we don't know the state of completion they're in

With the last 3 albums, Michael was heavy on collaborations....you think the Estate is going to contact them and give them a fair deal on the use of the songs? With HIStory, the engineers said Michael didn't work on many songs and whatever didn't make the album ended up on BOTDF

With Thriller and Bad re-releases, the songs were mostly written by Michael so it was no need to split money between collaborators

with OTW, we don't have any unreleased songs.....I mean during the Deposition, Michael did say a lot of the unreleased songs mentioned were submitted for the album but we don't know the state of completion they're in

With the last 3 albums, Michael was heavy on collaborations....you think the Estate is going to contact them and give them a fair deal on the use of the songs? With HIStory, the engineers said Michael didn't work on many songs and whatever didn't make the album ended up on BOTDF
Of course I think they should contact collaborators. But it goes back to my last sentence. They are lazy, unwilling and incompetent. Everything sang by Michael's mouth, should be in their interest to have the power to release, no matter what.

I think the reason there hasn't been anything for those albums is because the estate doesn't consider re-issue albums profitable enough for them. They gave their all on Bad 25 but it started going down in numbers after the second week (and this is MJ's second most known album, mind you). T40 only managed to stand by its own with little promotion is because the album is a massive culture phenomenon, who's to say that other albums will manage to stand by their reputation alone when they're not as popular as his 80's albums? Not even Bad 25 managed to hit that feat with all the promotion it was given. It's no surprise that they're not interested in doing those anymore.

HIStory might be the only album we have a chance of getting something since Branca seems intent in releasing Munich and that's what he wanted to do for HIStory 25, but had to be shelved due to Covid. I don't know if we'll get a second disc out of that since there's barely any content left from that era like it was stated above.

I though that we didnt have dangerous25 due to all the songs already leaked on youtube.

History25 was due to covid and damaged reputation due to Leaving Neverland.

I also saw someone say there isnt enough material but some sources claim this while other claim there are 100s of songs shelft (whether fully complete songs, unfinished demo's or possibly songs where Michael just had some lyrics)

Didnt michael mention a lot of songs in the 1993 deposition?

It's nice to see that you'all are craving for new music being released.

Also, nice to see invincible getting more recognition.

However, since the probabilities of the estate releasing anything in the short term are slim.

What is your view on people trying to look for and leaking all of michaels unreleased songs? Is it justified to leak his possession of which we dont know of he wanted us to hear it since it wasnt finished.

And what would it mean of michaels legacy if everything will be leaked?

However, since the probabilities of the estate releasing anything in the short term are slim.

What is your view on people trying to look for and leaking all of michaels unreleased songs? Is it justified to leak his possession of which we dont know of he wanted us to hear it since it wasnt finished.

It wouldn’t change his legacy if everything leaked. His legacy is set. Considering the Estate doesn’t have any plans to release unreleased music, I hope it all leaks so I can hear it all before I die.

Idk, Lord Jackson.

It is also morally wrong to listen to an artist's unreleased songs.

Note that there are certain living artists or Estates that intentionally leak unreleased songs in poor quality in order to motivate fans to buy later these songs when they will be officially released in good quality.

Michael Jackson's legacy cannot be affected by the amount of unreleased songs that would leak because his legacy is affected only by official releases (the same goes for any other dead artist).

In any case, it is interesting that it was reported (at the time of his death) that the singer decided to leave around 200 unreleased songs with a request for posthumous release in the following years (via the Estate) and the revenues would go not to his creditors but to his 3 kids.

Note that there are certain living artists or Estates that intentionally leak unreleased songs in poor quality in order to motivate fans to buy later these songs when they will be officially released in good quality.

Michael Jackson's legacy cannot be affected by the amount of unreleased songs that would leak because his legacy is affected only by official releases (the same goes for any other dead artist).

In any case, it is interesting that it was reported (at the time of his death) that the singer decided to leave around 200 unreleased songs with a request for posthumous release in the following years (via the Estate) and the revenues would go not to his creditors but to his 3 kids.
it might be morally wrong but you think that’s going to stop me downloading Chicago 1945 and playing it nonstop the last 4 months?

Thats interesting, didnt know about that. I tried to find a reference but cant find any, can you maybe find it?

Its dificult what michael would have wanted cause ive also read that as he was a perfectionist, hè didnt want people to hear the unfinished songs cause he wasnt satisfied enough to release them.

One problem I have is that if all songs are leaked, which I assume is what michael definitly didnt want cause its stealing and releasing whats not yours,
I feel like there is nothing 'special' to look forward to anymore, I guess a big part is the magic of the unknown of what material he was working on.

it might be morally wrong but you think that’s going to stop me downloading Chicago 1945 and playing it nonstop the last 4 months?

Hahah, im guilty of that too.

I would have loved to see a proper release which would be exciting for both fans and general public.

Some songs are such gems, that having it leaked is cool but these songs dont deserve a simple leak, these songs deserve a proper release on an album.

I hope were gonna get another album where songs are from a certain era with a certain sound.

A posthumus album with songs from thriller era and invincible for example sounds a bit odd.

I also wouldnt mind them including already leaked songs on these albums as long as they are officially released im happy.

I think the reason there hasn't been anything for those albums is because the estate doesn't consider re-issue albums profitable enough for them. They gave their all on Bad 25 but it started going down in numbers after the second week (and this is MJ's second most known album, mind you). T40 only managed to stand by its own with little promotion is because the album is a massive culture phenomenon, who's to say that other albums will manage to stand by their reputation alone when they're not as popular as his 80's albums? Not even Bad 25 managed to hit that feat with all the promotion it was given. It's no surprise that they're not interested in doing those anymore.

HIStory might be the only album we have a chance of getting something since Branca seems intent in releasing Munich and that's what he wanted to do for HIStory 25, but had to be shelved due to Covid. I don't know if we'll get a second disc out of that since there's barely any content left from that era like it was stated above.
Well, at least there’s Much Too Soon. And also, early versions and demos. Earth Song springs to mind. The early version of Ghosts would be cool to have on record.

Additionally, there’s an opportunity to give us extended mixes. Give us They Don’t Care About Us with Andraé Crouch Singers left in there, dug gamit!

The long version of You Are Not Alone would fit, too.

Back