Leave Me Alone 3D

Dudex

Proud Member
Yesterday i was watching Leave Me Alone video with my friends and telling them how it was done according to Bad25 Documentary.
And i asked myself, how this shortfilm would look if it was created in nowdays in 3D.
All elements of shortfilm exist in separate form on 35mm film. Sounds good, but in that case whole shortfilm need to be redone from very early step of production - rescan original film of each moving element in 4k.
Estate with John Landis are doing Thriller in 3D, but is Thriller have enough footage to became interesting 3D? Maybe LMA has more potential.
Do you have thoughts about it?

I was just thinking this the other day, it would be amazing to see MJ in 3D in one of his greatest short films. It would be that good it would feel like a brand new release

Imo Who Is It, Jam, Scream, TDCAU, Stranger in Moscow and Ghosts and, I agree, LMA are more deserving of the 3D treatment. Mainly because they have more cool features than Thriller and have more "dimensions" to them. You can not make a "gang" dance look cooler in 3D.

3D i snot obtainable from just 35mm. It is very good quality picture (4k), but it is flat, it will lose quality if converted to 3D, which would be fake anyways.

010_jackson_painting-300x400.jpg

1089978%20-%20Michael_Jackson.jpg

615351%20-%20Dan_Lacey%20Michael_Jackson.jpg

Last edited:
3D i snot obtainable from just 35mm. It is very good quality picture (4k), but it is flat, it will lose quality if converted to 3D, which would be fake anyways.

35mm is actually beyond 8k... it would suit 3D better than most of the short films but i have to agree, what's best would be a short film series release and then a deluxe package with extensive making of's/exposing the creative process etc.

35mm is actually beyond 8k...

Well actually Kodak estimates their 35mm film to be equivalent to about 6K.

But if you want to be really technical Zakk, film is an analogue medium and has no pixels so you could theoretically scan it however big you want, just beyond a certain point you wouldn't really be getting any benefit.

Back