Less excitement over this album

Agree with you 100%. The ideal thing would be MICHAEL type album (finished songs without MJ) + the original versions. But in my opinion both versions are essential for the album to be both good for the fans and successfull. Finished (MICHAEL) or contemporized (Xscape), I prefer MICHAEL type like you said, but either of them is good for me.

So my ideal album to worst album type:
1. finished songs without MJ + the original versions
2. contemporized versions + the original versions
3. just original versions
4. just finished songs without MJ
5. just contemporized versions

Amen. We've only another 4 years to find out what we get next!

I prefer Xscape because:

1. They gave us the originals.
2. Even though some of us had already heard tracks that were leaked, all of them are authentic Michael Jackson songs.
3. Although, I prefer the originals, I enjoy some of the contemporized versions equally.

I adore Best Of Joy and Much Too Soon but it was a huge mistake and disrespect to Michael attaching fake songs into his name, selling them to us, butchering Michael's message to fit it to their convenience. Even though the Estate has improved in some things, I will always hold a grudge for that monstrous mistake. They f*cked it BIG TIME!

It's not an obsession. It's just reality and common sense. Why not sell 2 MIL albums and have #1 album?? MJ would love that. MJ was all about success (and quality of course). Bad 25 sold very poorly because it was aimed for the fans. And if they included new/finished versions of the songs album would be a success, but you would still get your demos and/or original versions.

Yeah success is good. I just don't think they should totally destroy michael's original vision for the songs to get it. Just my opinion. The best thing for me would be to release the original demos with versions finished by producers that actually respect Michael's vision and what he wanted for the songs. So I agree with you on that.

Last edited:
I was really disappointed that Teddy Riley didn't respect MJ's original vision with Hollywood Tonight. MJ wrote Hollywood Tonight with a tragic ending, but Teddy turned into a Hollywood success story.

I was really disappointed that Teddy Riley didn't respect MJ's original vision with Hollywood Tonight. MJ wrote Hollywood Tonight with a tragic ending, but Teddy turned into a Hollywood success story.

I cringe listening to Taryll's part. I stick to the Throwback Mix to be honest. Well, after the demo, obviously!

I cringe listening to Taryll's part. I stick to the Throwback Mix to be honest. Well, after the demo, obviously!

You should check out 'She's Only Fifteen' remix by Birchey dude, next best version after the demo!

For me Teddy's version is still the best, by far. Ideal version for me would be Teddy's version but without spoken bridge and Taryll repeating Hollywood at the end. Instrumental is great and I would leave it like it is in the bridge - just remove Taryll's voice.

Then Neff-U mix, then the Demo and then Throwback Mix, I don't like it because it reminds me too much of Billie Jean.

I hate teddy's mix. It sounds rushed imo. The vocal processing was not needed. Throwback mix is much better. Although I prefer the original demo and neff-u mix most.

I'd LOVE to hear Michael's/Neff-U's final mix, the one we heard was promising. I prefer the demo as well, Teddy abused Michael's beatbox and I agree about Tarryl's inclusion, pretty awful.

I'd LOVE to hear Michael's/Neff-U's final mix, the one we heard was promising. I prefer the demo as well, Teddy abused Michael's beatbox and I agree about Tarryl's inclusion, pretty awful.

This, this is exactly! Michael knew how to utilize his beat boxing capabilities just enough to add an entirely new layer and dimension to his songs. Teddy didn't understand that concept.. At first I was afraid that Rodney was about to go that same route when I first heard the teaser for the song Xscape, but I'm glad he didn't do that. The contemporized versions of Xscape, loving you and LNFSG are my favourites.

Back