Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

i'd say a Bad 40 would have demos of tracks already out similar to how many tracks thriller 40 reused, so tracks like:

SOPYHO (87 demo)
Tabloid Jungle
Earth Song (88 Demo)
Cheater
We are here to change the world

those along with maybe some unfinished tracks are very likely to be on it.
Was the entirety of Earth song 88 leaked? cus its only 1 minute from what we have

Also, if half of MJs catalog gets sold, does it include unreleased songs? and if a person who is an avid fan of him gets it, would they be able to release new content?

i'd say a Bad 40 would have demos of tracks already out similar to how many tracks thriller 40 reused, so tracks like:

SOPYHO (87 demo)
Tabloid Jungle
Earth Song (88 Demo)
Cheater
We are here to change the world

those along with maybe some unfinished tracks are very likely to be on it.
Hopefully there'll be more unreleased songs than re-releases since that was the case with Bad 25, I heard the estate considered using over 20 songs for the re-issue so maybe they'll try to use the same songs for Bad 40. I hope Buffalo Bill makes it at least.

Hopefully there'll be more unreleased songs than re-releases since that was the case with Bad 25, I heard the estate considered using over 20 songs for the re-issue so maybe they'll try to use the same songs for Bad 40. I hope Buffalo Bill makes it at least.
Buffalo Bill is more thriller era, so I doubt it but who knows

The estate considers Chicago 1945 a Bad era song and that was also recorded in 1983. It's safe to say that for estate, anything between 1983-1985 belongs to the Bad era as well.
Like Loving You, but I guess that song was like very early Bad era, so yea

Also wtf happened to the wikipedia of unreleased songs lmao, theres so many fake songs that make no sense, at this point, just add s*x life

Also wtf happened to the wikipedia of unreleased songs lmao, theres so many fake songs that make no sense, at this point, just add s*x life
What's worse is that it's "semi-protected," which means people are actively making Wikipedia accounts just to spew their fanfic ideas for MJ songs.

But there are a handful of titles that still haven’t made it out to the public, I’m sure.
I think either Matt Forger or John Barnes said that there were around 60 songs made for the Bad album alone, I counted all the known outtakes and released titles and there were still about a dozen or more songs remaining. There's definitely some gems hidden there.

And titles from the Bad sessions keep popping up still.
Jesus, just give us a complete boxset of Bad in the style of the Sign O The Times one and don't discard them even if they're incomplete.
Didn’t Michael intend for Bad to be a triple album? If that’s the case, it’s not that surprising that so many songs from those sessions are yet unreleased.

Didn’t Michael intend for Bad to be a triple album? If that’s the case, it’s not that surprising that so many songs from those sessions are yet unreleased.
He thought about it but Quincy put a stop to that before pre-production of the album

I think either Matt Forger or John Barnes said that there were around 60 songs made for the Bad album alone, I counted all the known outtakes and released titles and there were still about a dozen or more songs remaining. There's definitely some gems hidden there.
Matt Forger indicated that there were 60 songs worked on for Bad. But barely half of the songs had vocals. Most were ideas or instrumental.

By Damien Shields on Twitter
"“Hot Fever” is from 1985 and what I heard was an instrumental. The same music as TWYMMF, but pre-Westlake. No lyrics/vocals. It was on the same tape as Tomboy (instrumental), What You Do To Me (demo w/vocals), Dirty Diana (demo w/vocals) and Smooth Criminal (demo w/vocals)."

Is it possible that the Vocal version of Tomboy (if exists) was in another tape? Seems that when you register a song there might be different versions that you can register (documents,music sheets,tapes,cds etc.)

I wonder what his criteria for depositing cassettes at USCO were - if there was any criteria at all.
The USCO apparently requests the most recent version of whatever material you’re submitting. I’d wager MJ registered the instrumental because that’s all he had in October 1985, but at some point thereafter returned and added vocals.

I think my previous post wasn't precise enough.

There surely must have been a reason why some songs have never been registered (even if they were fully fleshed out demos) while others with barely or none vocals have been.

For instance, why he had chosen to register and deposit Tomboy and Dirty Diana and not any other songs, let's say Buffalo Bill and I'm so Blue?

There surely must have been a reason why some songs have never been registered (even if they were fully fleshed out demos) while others with barely or none vocals have been.

For instance, why he had chosen to register and deposit Tomboy and Dirty Diana and not any other songs, let's say Buffalo Bill and I'm so Blue?
I have very little information or understanding of the process, but I'd assume part of the reason is Mike was concerned about leaks.

Why would you register a fully complete track, when you know anyone could do what Damien did and go listen to it for a fee? It makes more sense to me to register fully complete songs on the eve of their release

I wonder why the estate does the same thing, we know about songs like Everybody Wants To Be A Movie Star, Saturday Woman, Too Late To Turn Back Now, You Were There, etc. but they're not registered, meanwhile there are plenty of songs they registered after MJ's death. Why is that? Why not register everything?

Last edited:

He was probably registering songs he felt were getting close to being added on albums....songs we have that aren't registered is probably because he didn't plan on releasing them or they were discarded early.

Back