Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

Right after Bill Bottrell calls him out, he comes off of all this lol

Unfortunately, MJ was not a prolific writer. He put his best material first each time.

wtf is all these songs lmao, do we know what era they are from lmao, and whos gonna buy them?

If a potential buyer were to inquire about these tapes (the presence of vocals etc), would the auction house be obliged to give answers? You can't really promote a tape as an MJ recording and have your buyer realise it has Bryan Loren's vocals only after they've spent thousands on it

Great find @Scared of the Moon its nice to be able to have at least a glimmer of optimism when it comes to unreleased Mike.

Surely these songs have to a connection to Mike in some form? I mean they can't all be say writers demos passed to him, not at those prices anyway

Would anyone be willing to send GHRR an e-mail to ask whether any of these have vocals or not?

If I have to judge by the titles, except Diana Ross maybe, all the rest do not seem like preHistory tracks or MJ tracks. They all seem so ''love'' oriented....and HIStory ended being an angry record (with the exception of You are not alone which was MJ riding on the R.Kelly train, honestly).

Unless there is some untold story about a preHIStory postDangerous record we don't know, like for example: Much too soon was (as far as we know) a part of the so called HIStory sessions and I think was recorded around 94, If Im not mistaken, so Much Too Soon could have been a part of THAT particular set of songs, instead of actually being part of the whole HIStory thing, which had a very clear point of view: Michael's anger.

It is not unlikely that Michael worked on several projects simultaneously. He worked on classical music during the off the wall time and he was doing the same around the time of this is it. He also had plans for a concept album post thriller which probably had received some work.

The frustrating thing is we just don’t know anything about cancelled projects there are no books written about it, no interviews, no physical evidence, nothing.

Unless there is some untold story about a preHIStory postDangerous record we don't know, like for example: Much too soon was (as far as we know) a part of the so called HIStory sessions and I think was recorded around 94, If Im not mistaken, so Much Too Soon could have been a part of THAT particular set of songs, instead of actually being part of the whole HIStory thing, which had a very clear point of view: Michael's anger.
It was a greatest hits project with a couple new songs that turned into a double cd album.

here's an old quote of assistent engineer Rob Hofmann regarding the transition from GH to History:
Thanks.

I remember the christmas recording, and some other tidbits of information of the music he was working during what I consider the HIStory sessions. What I mean about an untold record, I mean, if he was going to go full POP (again, I'm judging by the titles of the songs, they seem so Un-Michael, considering he was going full with the idea of isolation and anger). I remember Rob Hoffman saying the first song he ever worked with MJ was STRANGER IN MOSCOW and have heard some basics for 2BAD and MONEY, so that really is setting the mood for the record, no matter if it was a GH or a full album.

But again, I'm just judging by the names of the songs. Most of them contain the word LOVE, and like someone said they are a bit less allegations/personal life focused. BUT as other user said, this could also be something related to 3T.

Last edited:
Back