Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

Going down the rabbit hole, interesting to see "In the Back" is dated 1989.....after Bad but before Dangerous

Type of Work:​
Music
Registration Number / Date:​
PA0001293552 / 2005-02-14
Title:​
In the back.
Appears in:​
The ultimate collection. Epic E5K 92600, c2004. 4 compact discs & video disc (DVD)
Publisher Number:​
Epic E5K 92600
Performer:​
Performed by Michael Jackson.
Copyright Claimant:​
Mijac Music
Date of Creation:​
Date of Publication:​
2004-11-16
Authorship on Application:​
words & music: Michael J. Jackson.
Other Title:​
The ultimate collection

Going down the rabbit hole, interesting to see "In the Back" is dated 1989.....after Bad but before Dangerous

Music
In the back.
The ultimate collection. Epic E5K 92600, c2004. 4 compact discs & video disc (DVD)
Epic E5K 92600
Mijac Music
2004-11-16
The ultimate collection
That's weird, Brad Buxer said that the track was first developed for HIStory, and then for BOTDF and Invincible.

Music
In the back.
Epic E5K 92600
Mijac Music
2004-11-16
The ultimate collection
This has been discussed before. Pretty sure it's just an error made during the production of TUC.

I found copyright registrations for 3 of the songs:

Take Your Time (written by Babyface and L.A. Reid):

Like You(Written by Babyface):

Sexy Love(Written by Babyface and L.A. Reid):
https://i.imgur.com/jrbPRFT.png
https://i.imgur.com/gEaYSBc.png
https://i.imgur.com/2Y2Xi2m.png

Sexy Love was already released by "The Deele" in 1983:
https://open.spotify.com/track/7HU5jnYidHdrA56hZ43mHE?si=c71561e276934a3b

None of the songs seem to be related to MJ.

Yeah, just as I thought, these are nothing but tracks of other artists who were part of the label. There might be something that was meant for Michael, but I wouldn't put my hand on it. I hope no one will spend money on these tapes thinking they will get unreleased MJ tapes.
I found copyright registrations for 3 of the songs:

Take Your Time (written by Babyface and L.A. Reid):

Like You(Written by Babyface):

Sexy Love(Written by Babyface and L.A. Reid):
https://i.imgur.com/jrbPRFT.png
https://i.imgur.com/gEaYSBc.png
https://i.imgur.com/2Y2Xi2m.png

Sexy Love was already released by "The Deele" in 1983:
https://open.spotify.com/track/7HU5jnYidHdrA56hZ43mHE?si=c71561e276934a3b

None of the songs seem to be related to MJ.

This has been discussed before. Pretty sure it's just an error made during the production of TUC.
Could be yes and could be no. Michael was known for bringing songs out later to rework. He started singing PYT demo during the Dangerous rehearsals and told someone it was a song he hasn't recorded yet when it was recorded years prior. When he did "Much Too Soon" for HIStory, no one knew the song was already recorded in 1981 but he went into the studio as if it was a new idea. It's possible "In the Back" was an early idea and evolved later

Could be yes and could be no. Michael was known for bringing songs out later to rework. He started singing PYT demo during the Dangerous rehearsals and told someone it was a song he hasn't recorded yet when it was recorded years prior. When he did "Much Too Soon" for HIStory, no one knew the song was already recorded in 1981 but he went into the studio as if it was a new idea. It's possible "In the Back" was an early idea and evolved later
Anything is possible but I very much doubt it.

Not really a fan of throwing even more doubt into things when there's really no proof it's anything more than an error.

If memory serves, LA Reid wrote in his autobiography that he, Babyface, and MJ worked on at least two songs in the 1990s, one of which obviously being “Slave to the Rhythm.” I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that one of these could have some vocals.

Eg "Circles" is an early title of a famous song worked on by Bryan Loren. Let's just say I'm familiar with these titles.
What famous song? Don't be a dick. Again. If you are familiar with these titles, say if they have MJ vocals on them or no.

Maybe he was talking about On The Line ?
For some reason I blanked on that one. It’s possible! I don’t think Reid was ever credited for it but it’s not outside the realm of possibility. I’ll have to get my hands on his book again; I feel like he mentioned the song was from the Dangerous sessions, which “On the Line” wasn’t.

For some reason I blanked on that one. It’s possible! I don’t think Reid was ever credited for it but it’s not outside the realm of possibility. I’ll have to get my hands on his book again; I feel like he mentioned the song was from the Dangerous sessions, which “On the Line” wasn’t.
Yeah, I'm not sure he was involved with this song so he could be talking about another one

It is not unlikely that Michael worked on several projects simultaneously. He worked on classical music during the off the wall time and he was doing the same around the time of this is it. He also had plans for a concept album post thriller which probably had received some work.

The frustrating thing is we just don’t know anything about cancelled projects there are no books written about it, no interviews, no physical evidence, nothing.
If Michael was here to hear Andre 3000s new album...I bet he would've considered releasing it. I yearn to hear this classical music. I'll never forget janet saying she heard some of them & it almost made her cry & if I'm not mistaken I think she said because too... she know it'd never be released

List of all songs:
New Jelly
Like You / Like U
Rescue Me
What Do You Want From Me
Diana Ross
Tears of Stone
Haven't Got A Lot
Starlight
How You Like Your Love
Love Games
Circles
DNA
Doing What My Heart Says Do / Doing What Your Heart Says Do
Thinking About You
Oh Love
Lost In Love
Only You
You'll Know
Take Your Time
Ain't No Doubt About It
Give All Your Love
Sexy Love Song
U Know
Best Is Yet
If I recall correct "Doing What My Heart Says Do" is a cover of a very old song from the early 1900's. I'm familiar with this title. As for the others, never heard of them I don't think.

It is not unlikely that Michael worked on several projects simultaneously. He worked on classical music during the off the wall time and he was doing the same around the time of this is it. He also had plans for a concept album post thriller which probably had received some work.

The frustrating thing is we just don’t know anything about cancelled projects there are no books written about it, no interviews, no physical evidence, nothing.
That classical music project is what I wanna hear as well since Janet mentioned it

Guys in that video someone put your hand out instrumental looked different .I don't know why .that person have Pepsi cassette .it have some things different can anyone give us his opinion

If memory serves, LA Reid wrote in his autobiography that he, Babyface, and MJ worked on at least two songs in the 1990s, one of which obviously being “Slave to the Rhythm.” I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that one of these could have some vocals.
That's it, and all it says about this second song is that it remained unfinished.

List of all songs:
New Jelly
Like You / Like U
Rescue Me
What Do You Want From Me
Diana Ross
Tears of Stone
Haven't Got A Lot
Starlight
How You Like Your Love
Love Games
Circles
DNA
Doing What My Heart Says Do / Doing What Your Heart Says Do
Thinking About You
Oh Love
Lost In Love
Only You
You'll Know
Take Your Time
Ain't No Doubt About It
Give All Your Love
Sexy Love Song
U Know
Best Is Yet

Most of these titles are pretty 'Michael Jackson' though, in terms of themes, background (Motown) or ways he would talk..

Everything is legit. This is NOT a fake channel, Lotfi.😉
First of all I'm not lotfi second .the song .he played have different instrumental .that's why I'm asking. I'm thinking maybe cassette .different version than 2004 version

First of all I'm not lotfi second .the song .he played have different instrumental .that's why I'm asking. I'm thinking maybe cassette .different version than 2004 version
No problem, Lotfi

Back