Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

isn't it striking that BS seem to have so many 80s demos in his possesion whereas BB seemingly hasn't?

The latter has worked as a producer; the former was just a running guy in the studio.
Bruce Swedien was MJs greatest studio partner.

Last edited:
One would think that some of Buffalo Bill was recorded at Caribou since Buffalo Bill Cody's grave is near the same area in Colorado. Maybe as some sort of inspiration. Wish somebody would deep dive into this.
We only have loose slices of info regarding Buffalo Bill.

• Rolling Stone magazine mentions in their March '84 issue Buffalo Bill as a title from The Jacksons upcoming Victory album.

• Bill Bottrell has heard the song in 1984 at Soundcastle while working on other songs for Victory.

• Bruce Swedien has mentioned that he's worked on it - probably just recorded the symphonic intro; date unknown. According to Bruce the song's not finished at that time.

• According to John van Nest, Bruce Swedien came to Image Recording for working with MJ on a couple of songs for Victory. No info on worked songs. Year's 1983.

Bottrell saying that about Brad & the tapes surprises me, but it does make sense to an amount considering the sheer amount of tracks & tapes brad has on his laptops. I do wonder if Bottrell could iterate on the situation as if Brad stole the tapes I'd be shocked. would explain why he never went after the 2023 january leaks legally though.
I wouldn't overestimate the songs Brad has. You can see almost anything he has in the leaked pictures of DATs and Cassettes. In fact, it didn't make any sense for him to go after the leak. The reason is quite simple. The guy that stole the notebook and hard drive is living in France and Brad in the US. Which makes it extremely difficult and expensive to pursue.

Yes - like most of Loren's songs, it sounds like something Jam & Lewis cooked up for Rhythm Nation after accidentally sitting on a drum machine.
Do you think men in black have MJ lead vocals .did you heard it ?

It was recorded in late December 1986. I believe the September 1988 dates were when some rough mixes were done.
What's the source TYLA being recorded (at Westlake?) in December '86?

If true, this would mean Bruce Swedien most likely had made a slave copy for his own archive.

What's the source TYLA being recorded (at Westlake?) in December '86?

If true, this would mean Bruce Swedien most likely had made a slave copy for his own archive.
Can you ask bill Botrell about tomboy please

I second this. There's conflicting info whether truth bout youth has complete LV or not.
Truth about youth doesn't have MJ vocals, only LL Cool J. On the other side, "All about youth" does have complete BGVs by MJ during choruses.

Bill Bottrell's comments were interesting yesterday, I wonder why he didn't like Turning Me Off?

As for the Brad Sundberg stuff, maybe Bill just meant that Brad was sent to collect all the tapes to stop anybody working on the album aside from Quincy and the "A Team". That's a guess on my part though

It's so interesting that Cheater was pre Hayvenhurst, I would have thought it was a later outtake if anything, given that Greg Phillinganes was a co-writer on it and he mainly worked with the A Team. I love all this new information

You've already asked Bill about it multiple times.

And Joe Vogel has even confirmed to you that Tomboy has vocals.

SMH
Bill never answered me Joe Vogel maybe he is wrong because he said about shut up and dance incomplete vocals

^1983 - 1986 period is fascinating and full of surprises
It is isn't mate!

It's honestly one of the most fascinating periods in his career. There's so much mystery to it and every time we get a question answered, it leaves us with a question more.

I would be fascinated to know if vocals were re-recorded closer to the album release? Mike's voice sounds so different to how it sounds on the Victory Album and Tour, it's crazy to me.

Bill Bottrell's comments were interesting yesterday, I wonder why he didn't like Turning Me Off?

As for the Brad Sundberg stuff, maybe Bill just meant that Brad was sent to collect all the tapes to stop anybody working on the album aside from Quincy and the "A Team". That's a guess on my part though

It's so interesting that Cheater was pre Hayvenhurst, I would have thought it was a later outtake if anything, given that Greg Phillinganes was a co-writer on it and he mainly worked with the A Team. I love all this new information
Greg also worked on his version of Behind the Mask and re-worked The Jacksons' "Power" as "Playin' With Fire" in 1984. It's no surprise that he would be working on Cheater around the same time.

No I haven't searched yet.. don't know where to begin haha (and Sazam didn't find it lol)
I mean I do suspect it's fake and some of the vocals might be from 'Brad what you gonna do' but I'm not totally sure..

Can someone please back up why they believe this is a fake snippet, and if so what the true origins of the music and the vocals are?

@Mister_Jay_Tee do you think the music is from a Prince track?

It reminds me a Sonic CD track.

Bill seems to delete some of his tweets after a while.

When asked about his participation on Apocalypse Now he's denied & he's never seen any tape box with that title. Probably another song MJ had worked on with Brian Malouf??

Back