Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

This is news to me!

I know Mike was planning on his follow up to Thriller before Victory but I didn't realise an album was scheduled..thank God Thriller was an astronomical success.

I'm so glad Mike waited and crafted a phenomenal follow up to Thriller, rather than copping out and releasing a concept album

Thriller started taking off in 1983 after the Motown 25 performance and once the Thriller short film released, it began to sell almost 1 million albums a week at one point. If Thriller didn't become the monster that it was, Michael definitely would've turned in another album in 83 and that would've most likely been the concept album he was excited for.

Probably due to him being busy with touring with his brothers as well as filming The Wiz; yet he had still managed to write (and most likely also demoed) a dozen songs.

According to Janet, he recorded a handful of demos before he left to film The Wiz but I doubt they were in competition for inclusion on Off the Wall

Did Michael recorded light the way and he who make the sky grey ?
“Light the Way” — No MJ vocals. Ballad. Horn section intro, full choir singing the choruses. Lyrics include, “Light the way, let’s pray for peace.”

“He Who Makes the Sky Gray” — Vocals exist, but their extent/completion is unknown.

I took this information from AlwaysThere's recap of everything that Damien Shields has said about unreleased tracks.

Thank you very much what about i have this dream it's also from bahrin session
“I Have This Dream” (2005) — All-star version fully finished. Ciara, Snoop Dogg, James Ingram, Jermaine, Shirley Caesar, and the O’Jays contribute vocals. R. Kelly is also featured, but MJ allegedly wanted him removed. Leaked demo on YouTube is authentic, though the vocalists are unknown. MJ demo vocals exist, but were to be re-recorded at some point.

Thriller started taking off in 1983 after the Motown 25 performance and once the Thriller short film released, it began to sell almost 1 million albums a week at one point. If Thriller didn't become the monster that it was, Michael definitely would've turned in another album in 83 and that would've most likely been the concept album he was excited for.
I'm so glad Mike never did a concept album. The best thing about his discography is, it's almost, if not immaculate.

The nearest he ever got to a concept album was perhaps the 5 songs on Blood or the HIStory album, but I think they're too strong and not experimental enough to be considered concept

The period between making the Bad album demo's (85-87) and the Dangerous era (89-91) is so fascinating to me, MJ seemed so focused

I'm so glad Mike never did a concept album. The best thing about his discography is, it's almost, if not immaculate.

The nearest he ever got to a concept album was perhaps the 5 songs on Blood or the HIStory album, but I think they're too strong and not experimental enough to be considered concept

The period between making the Bad album demo's (85-87) and the Dangerous era (89-91) is so fascinating to me, MJ seemed so focused
I do think 'History' would be stronger with only protest songs or songs that explained him as a person, so in that sense a concept album would be great imo.

Maybe BOTDF could work as a Latin style music/visual concept EP. Something like 'Rock My World', 'Whatever Happens', 'Blue Gangsta' and 'Blood On The Dancefloor' (although chronically impossible)

You guys remember the original track lists of the SE's that were scheduled for release in early 2000?

I think Michael should have taken a month off working on Invincible and instead finishing the songs selected for the SE's wherever neccessary.

Dropping somekind of 10-track vault album by summer of 2000 would have also taken away some pressure from Sony.

Call it off Shana told me Michael sing only chors and truth about youth only LLcool j sang and don't believe it have MJ full vocals

I have a hard time believing MJ could ever bring Rodney "Chicago 1945", and he not remember it. It just don't seem likely.

Not to mention, it's not on the list of songs.

I have a hard time believing MJ could ever bring Rodney "Chicago 1945", and he not remember it. It just don't seem likely.

Not to mention, it's not on the list of songs.
It could’ve been in his possession but never got around to presenting it for a rework.

Chicago 1945 and She Was Loving Me would’ve been cool as a part 1 and 2 of a short film

It could’ve been in his possession but never got around to presenting it for a rework.

Chicago 1945 and She Was Loving Me would’ve been cool as a part 1 and 2 of a short film
I mean, maybe, the chances are slim. But if he never heard it then he might as well not count it as a rework. I doubt MJ ever modified it, let alone re-recorded it. Cheater seems like a big enough exchange in effort.

Yeah it seems unlikely it was reworked if Rodney doesn't remember it. It's always possible of course but I think we can probably say that he didn't work on it.

Not to sound impatient either but will we ever get the third verse of BoJ at this point? It's been over 3 months already.

Back