Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

OK fine ! Do you have a link to this source? I am very interested
  • I'm Into Something Good (1964) (Gerry Goffin, Carole King)
    Michael Jackson
    Source: court deposition in London, 2008 (a DVD was played showing
    Michael Jackson in the Metropolis Studio singing this song)

Chicago 145 was mentioned in old Darkchild website....

Is it safe to consider Chicago 145 reworked sonically reworked during invincible era?

Source:

Get Around, Kick It, Pressure, The Pain... Are also mentioned

Also, Get your Weight Off Of me, and Rampage is not mentioned

**Pasted from the same source**
21/07/03
We all know that "A LOT" of tracks were recorded for Michael Jackson's "Invincible" album and we know Rodney did most of them....Well I've got some of the titles and credits for you (I doubt these tracks will ever surface with it been Michael Jackson:

Kick It (M. Jackson, R. Jerkins, F. Jerkins, L. Daniels, N.Gregg)

Cheater (M.Jackson, F. Jerkins, R.Jerkins, Fats)

Chicago 1945 (M.Jackson, R.Jerkins, F.Jerkins, N.Gregg)

Maybe We Can Do It (M. Jackson, P.Diddy, R. Jerkins)

Get Around (R.Jerkins, F. Jerkins, L.S. Daniels, M.Jackson)
Screenshot-2023-02-21-20-55-16-36-40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Is it safe to consider Chicago 145 reworked sonically reworked during invincible era?

Source:

21/07/03
We all know that "A LOT" of tracks were recorded for Michael Jackson's "Invincible" album and we know Rodney did most of them....Well I've got some of the titles and credits for you (I doubt these tracks will ever surface with it been Michael Jackson:

I remember finding this website few years ago... I assume they have compiled this list using Darkchild's official website and ASCAP database.

Source:

21/07/03

Maybe they did not recorded at all

I'm kinda confused about the whole Darkchild website thing. Was that real or was it just a fan thing?

I thought that C1945 was listed there but I recall discussions about it just being a fanmade list?

John Barnes was asked years ago and confirmed. The Jacksons did an interview in early 1983 and said they had around 15 songs complete for their album with the tour starting September that same year

they mention it at 4:20
What album ?

What album ?

There were 2 albums that were supposed to be released in 1983......one of them was another Michael turned in no later than April and the Victory album but Victory was pushed back to 1984

There were 2 albums that were supposed to be released in 1983......one of them was another Michael turned in no later than April and the Victory album but Victory was pushed back to 1984
You mean Michael had already had a working prototype for a Thriller successor?

John Barnes was asked years ago and confirmed. The Jacksons did an interview in early 1983 and said they had around 15 songs complete for their album with the tour starting September that same year

they mention it at 4:20
There's a bunch of song titles floating around out there from 1983/84 that remain unreleased. So this makes sense.

You mean Michael had already had a working prototype for a Thriller successor?

Yes. CBS attorneys sent a letter to Michael in January of 1983 stating he's due to deliver another album to CBS Records before April per his contract. He was set to release a concept album after Thriller but Thrillers success took off and assuming CBS dropped the request for another album

So basically Bad was being worked on as early as 1983? (as a different title obviously)

Fantasy which has been linked to Jermaine? Attitude, Buffalo Bill, Far, Far, Away, I'm guessing that's some of them.

Got to Find a Way Somehow
Ode to Sorrow
Susie
Thank You for Life
You Ain't Gonna Change Nothing
Little Susie
In The Life Of Chico
A Baby Smiles
Be Not Always

Songs like that. The album, in Michaels words, were about children, poverty and "old people"

Got to Find a Way Somehow
Ode to Sorrow
Susie
Thank You for Life
You Ain't Gonna Change Nothing
Little Susie
In The Life Of Chico
A Baby Smiles
Be Not Always

Songs like that. The album, in Michaels words, were about children, poverty and "old people"
There is no evidence that songs recorded

Yes. CBS attorneys sent a letter to Michael in January of 1983 stating he's due to deliver another album to CBS Records before April per his contract. He was set to release a concept album after Thriller but Thrillers success took off and assuming CBS dropped the request for another album
That's odd they would want another album so quick. And produced by Quincy?

I'm kinda confused about the whole Darkchild website thing. Was that real or was it just a fan thing?

I thought that C1945 was listed there but I recall discussions about it just being a fanmade list?
The one posted above your comment was a fan site. There was a list posted on the former official Darkchild website, but I don’t recall offhand what titles matched between the two (though it’s worth noting that none of them included GYWOOM, which makes me question their legitimacy).

Back