Little Susie?

of course they r.

Little Susie is in :heart:Michael's imagination only. that song is to critisize parents neglection but the Jonbene is for real.

Well I doubt its the parents neglecting her that was the problem.

Father left home (as most do, lol)
Mother DIED
Grandfathers soul too had flown (dead)

My bet is, it was social services fault!

It´s great to see that all the members here feel the same thing like me. I always start to cry when I listen to this beautiful song. Only Michael can show his personal emotions in a song. That´s one of many things I love about Michael Jackson!!! :wub:

Now I don´t feel alone anymore with my feelings!! Thanks, guys!!! :)

^
Hey...your never alone with your feelings...there's always someone who feels, or has felt, the way you do ;)

And yes I agree that Michael really is the only one who can show his personal feelings in songs ^_^

A very intressant thread!
I myself have wondered about that, but without finding answers.
One thing I know is that the song reminds me very much of my mother's best friend's daughter, who died at a very young age. I remember that we always played together when my mother and her friend were together for various occasions, and when I listen to the song I get a picture of her smiling face in my mind. :(
Oh poor little girl, i guess children are better in heaven, nice of you to remember her with a smile in her face.:better:

:(

... It could be, it could be. I really would love to know what Michael was thinking and who he was thinking of while making this song :no:

I've always wondered what inspired Michael to write a song like this. It's quite different from a lot of Michael's other work in that it has a very classical, thearetical sound, the music is creepy, but that's what makes it so great. This song really showcases Michael's talent as a songwriter. He takes you on a journey with this song, and you can really feel the sorrow and pain in Michael's voice. It's incredible.

I've tried to find more information about the story behind the song, with very little luck. :no:

This is the picture that was featured in the History booklet:
gh534jo0.jpg
Yes is very disturbing, the song the picture, the story is a mistery, child abuse, may be, i really dont know, but its a sad song, it makes me cry too, it shows reality, but no, dont know anything else, Michael must have the answer.

i was thinking of jonbenet too. wasnt that around the same time. that was big big news here. i think it was bigger than caylee now. i think a band even named themselfs after that poor girl. talk about inspiration..but..i thought the song was about all the babies..kids in the world who are suffering..and michael wants to spread the message to save them. but i cant stand the song..i simply get depression. and when i was younger the music scared me too..but wow it really pulls you in. and that photo in the sleeve of her. omg
The music, the sounds, scared me too, when i am alone i still get scared, my sister the same thing.

Michael wrote the song in 1979 and named it "Little Suzy".

It was first recorded for the album DANGEROUS (1991), but left off from the album. It was finally released in 1995 on the album HISTORY - PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE: BOOK I, orthographically renamed to "Little Susie".

• Little Susie - Early Version (1979) (Michael Jackson)
    Alternative title: Little Suzy
    Michael Jackson
    Outtake of the album DANGEROUS (1991)
    One of five hand-written lyrics from 1979 that have been purchased by Universal
    Express and some of its entertainment partners in November 2006. The others are:
    UNKNOWN TITLE (1979), A Baby Smiles, Be Not Always, In The Life Of Chico
    Source: Michael Jackson's court disposition in Mexico in November 1993

See signature for info about other "later-released" tracks ;)

Korgnex :punk:
So it was written before the child beauty murder

It was a song about a little girl in the news
who was murdered and he heard of it and
felt sorry for her and wrote a song pertaining
to the tragedy.
Did he himself said so??
it could even be reflections of when he himself was abused as a child....
It could

this is a pic of JonBenet Ramsey

it does remind me of Little Susie...

2eb66890ee.jpg
OMG
"JonBenét Patricia Ramsey (August 6, 1990 – December 25, 1996) was an American child beauty pageant contestant made famous by her murder and the subsequent media coverage. She was found dead in the basement of her parents' home in Boulder, Colorado, nearly eight hours after she was reported missing. The case is notable in both its longevity and the media interest it has generated in the United States. After several grand jury hearings, the case is still unsolved." from Wikipedia
Still unsolved

Last edited:
that would made me cry.

but hey guys...what about Smooth Criminal?
That also talks about a little girl being hurt right....

Little Susie has always frightened me...I'm 21, and i first heard the song when i was 15 and still skip it sometimes! I've always considered it to be a cry out from Michael for us to recognise that there are unfortunate kids out there who are abused and neglected, and that we need to be made aware of this - not all children are in loving homes with 'ordinary' families.

that would made me cry.

but hey guys...what about Smooth Criminal?
That also talks about a little girl being hurt right....

yes, you are right, dont know if is about a little girl, but a girl killed yes, wow!!! dont know what to say.:mello:

^
I'm say it's a little girl because of the Annie in moonwalker remember ?
Yes i thought of that, of course i remember, but to me it can be about a girl, not only a little girl, in Little Susie, he says Little

Back