Live gigs you've attended

Oh God, he was doing that for years and years, since the mid-90s. Used to get right on my tits. Play the whole song or not at all. And I don't go to see an artist/band I love to watch them sing someone elses songs. One cover I can abide, but anymore than that then it gets real boring real quick

Yeah, I wouldn't have minded the cover as much if it was one of his legendary 3 hour shows, but it was surprisingly short.

Sorta like man himself.

Yeah, the two shows I saw at the o2 in 2007 were both very short (one was about 80mins). I remember the encore starting and I was like "what???".

But you got the after show didn't you?

I want Qbee to join the party. Hasnt she seen the holy grail? the J5?

I saw David in Manchester at a charity Christmas concert. I actually didn't care much for him until this night. He only did two songs but I'll never forget Sail Away. His voice was spellbindingly good. It just filled the entire venue. Changed everything.
I saw him in the Point in Dublin before it became the 02. He was mind blowingly good. I was quite shocked.

I have to say, seeing Stevie Wonder play Songs in the Key of Life in full last summer in London was just surreal. I still cant believe I was there. It was an awful older crowd, who mostly wanted the hits, but I was alone and wandered in and out of the crowd enjoying my drinks and enjoying one of the best albums ever made being sung to me.

4 hour set. The opening notes of Loves in Need of Love just sent a chill up my spine knowing it was actually happening. Note perfect, absolutely and utterly beyond anything I thought he could have been live. A genuine virtuoso. Seeing Saturn, Knocks Me Off My Feet, As, Another Star live... It was my first "festival" experience in many years, and I cant see any show coming close to it. Ever. It's between MJ, him and Maca.

I have to say, seeing Stevie Wonder play Songs in the Key of Life in full last summer in London was just surreal. I still cant believe I was there. It was an awful older crowd, who mostly wanted the hits, but I was alone and wandered in and out of the crowd enjoying my drinks and enjoying one of the best albums ever made being sung to me.

4 hour set. The opening notes of Loves in Need of Love just sent a chill up my spine knowing it was actually happening. Note perfect, absolutely and utterly beyond anything I thought he could have been live. A genuine virtuoso. Seeing Saturn, Knocks Me Off My Feet, As, Another Star live... It was my first "festival" experience in many years, and I cant see any show coming close to it. Ever. It's between MJ, him and Maca.

Really jealous of that one, couldn't go. Seen footage though and looked awesome.

This story made me feel like I was there. Sounds so awesome.

I saw Stevie almost 10 years ago...oddly enough in Manchester (I do go to gigs in other cities).

Back