Live vocals underneath the playback from the HIStory Tour

yeah, i noticed the vocals sound autotuned. not even auto tune can save it

Selfishness. People who have this COMPLETE show with the live vocals are not willing to share it in full. They just love to tease around with it.
I mean, I can understand why people aren't willing to share the unreleased stuff they have, not only can you risk a potential lawsuit but if you leak what you have it becomes useless to the trading community and you can't trade for more unreleased media. It's best for yourself if you only share small snippets.

Last edited:
But if they have a full show rehearsal they can surely share more than 10sec of what is probably footage of almost 2 hours 🤪

I mean, I can understand why people aren't willing to share the unreleased stuff they have, not only can you risk a potential lawsuit but if you leak what you have it becomes useless to the trading community and you can't trade for more unreleased media. It's best for yourself if you only share small snippets.
Wrong, you can't get a lawsuit for sharing. However, if you sold any of this copyrighted stuff you might get in big trouble.

No one here has ever gone to jail for sharing anything lol. They even sold the Oslo 92 tape for 5K without going to jail

So just cut the bs. Thank you ;)

Wrong, you can't get a lawsuit for sharing. However, if you sold any of this copyrighted stuff you might get in big trouble.

No one here has ever gone to jail for sharing anything lol. They even sold the Oslo 92 tape for 5K without going to jail
Alright, fair. But there's still the fact that if you leak what you have you lost your only leverage in the trading community and can't get new stuff, so I can see why most people are skeptical in sharing what they have. It's the smartest decision as a trader to share a little of what you have or not share at all.

Alright, fair. But there's still the fact that if you leak what you have you lost your only leverage in the trading community and can't get new stuff, so I can see why most people are skeptical in sharing what they have. It's the smartest decision as a trader to share a little of what you have or not share at all.

Yes, that's the reason. If you share what you have, you lose all possibility of trading it for more rare music later on. Some of those people have spent thousands of dollars acquiring their unreleased material, they don't want to lose their investment.

Yes, that's the reason. If you share what you have, you lose all possibility of trading it for more rare music later on. Some of those people have spent thousands of dollars acquiring their unreleased material, they don't want to lose their investment.

It is very simple to just not post snippets of stuff for attention if you don't want to share it!

It is very simple to just not post snippets of stuff for attention if you don't want to share it!

Well, I'm glad that they post snippets because at least we know this stuff is out there. It means it will potentially leak at some point, while the stuff that remains only in the Estate vault might never see the light of day.

I watched the premiere of the documentary. Loved it, great editing, great mixing. My only gripe is with how the commentator spoke about Quincy Jones, he should've spoken in a more objective manner and at that part he sounded a bit like a biased fan.

They showed live vocals from Beat it, Billie Jean and Dangerous, I can see why people dislike them lol. He sounded way out of tune and maybe lip-syncing was for the better.

They also showed stills of a 1080p remaster of the HIStory tour dated from late 2020, does this mean they had HIStory 25 planned and got canceled because of Covid? Maybe they'll work on it again for HIStory 30.

Overall great documentary, 8/10. Just wish it was a bit longer. Congratulations to all people involved in the making.

Well, just under an hour after it premiered, he privated the video. I assume it was because of the flack he was getting when he said he wasn’t gonna leak the full show with the live vocals.

Or maybe the more simple answer is that it got copyrighted.

Last edited:
Well, just under an hour after it premiered, he privated the video. I assume it was because of the flack he was getting when he said he wasn’t gonna leak the full show with the live vocals.

Or maybe the more simple answer is that it got copyrighted.
pretty sure it would've said the video was copyrighted, not privated

edit: if the vid was taken down by a company, then it would say something like "this video is unavailable due to a copyright claim by COMPANY NAME"
in this case it just says its private, so azura prob took it down for something. idk what for

Last edited:
pretty sure it would've said the video was copyrighted, not privated
If you get a copyright claim it either gets ad revenue taken or it's blocked worldwide, you can private the video if it's just ad revenue taken. If it gets a strike it's taken down entirely and your account gets penalised. At least that's my understanding.

Not sure they were looking to make money from this so doubt the reason it's private is because it got a monetisation claim.

I was able to see the documentary and while his vocals while rough in the very small snippets shown, I don’t think it was totally awful.
His voice is noticeably rough yes, but the vocals are somewhat I expect. When he sang life he never really sang in the original pitch and when he did he was winded.

With that being said, I do believe that some songs could have been performed live, especially since it has now been revealed he’s singing the whole time anyway.
Billie Jean, Beat It, Dangeeous and Thriller were shown.
I’ve always had the feeling he sang under the playback as you can see the veins pop from the side of his neck, especially during the 97 leg. I do think 96 looked really fully lip synced in my mind.

Azura also created a studio version of the 30th anniversary using the Munich 97 multitracks

Does the leaking of the live vocals have anything to do with Azuras youtube channel being empty? Have Sony went after him for it? Or for some other reason?

What is best about it in my eyes is the fact this is the only live version of BOTDF we will probably ever get to hear. And it is not even that bad (Beat It and Thriller sound much worse!)

Type in "MJ Munich 1997 Live Vocals" on YT if you haven't heard it yet.

Last edited:
Back