Lloyd's refuse to pay insurance policy for This is It/ MJ Estate fights back/ Update: Case Settled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lloyd's of London refuse to pay insurance policy for This is It , goes to court to invalidate po

I am not looking forward to September at all. I just wish Michael was here.

Re: Lloyd's of London refuse to pay insurance policy for This is It , goes to court to invalidate po

They asked information about his health - which they claim wasn't telling everything honestly. They say that issued an insurance only covering "accident" until they can attend a rehearsal and make Michael go through a medical test. Then it would include "illness" and "death".

of course this is what lloyd's claims.

They contradict themselves because in point 12 they say the "perils" included in clause 2 are:

2.1. Death.
2.2 "Accident to or illness which in the opinion of an independent medical practioner... (the doctor revision in London)."

They claim "death was not an accident", but the policy did not require that "death" should only be covered if by accident.

What it's subject to a medical opinion in London is the circumtances around a potential "accident". (Point 13 "Certain conditions... losses resulting from Accident only until such medical report in London.

The policy says "effective from 24 April - January 19 2010".

So, from my understanding at least in this point they are inconsistent.

----------

In relation to other doctors and prescriptions it seems they did not know about Murray (most medications collected were prescribed by him; hope they don't take into account the Amoxicilin, an antibiotic which was not even completed.

The only thing that worries me about this issue is the "apparent use of prescription drugs/ or drugs". (You know the never-ending story...).

In relation to other doctors after the year 2005, the document says, they were told no others than cosmetologists (Klein and Dr. Tracey were).

ok i think that if michael did not tell the policy what he was taken, no mather what the reasons were for him to take the meds, they can make a strong point. but it depends how its written in the policy...
if the policy says you have to always be furthcoming what you take even if the exam is being done, than llyod has a right to refuse...
If they did not know about the meds, its wrong.. i dont want to be harsh but i think this mather can be solved quickly by just looking at the policy and the evidence did or didnt llyod knew about the meds

aeg knew what was goning on, because they was suppose to hire a Nurse and something else they was suppose to do that they didn't do. so for them to say they didn't know what was goning on withe MJ is a Lie.

thats maybe true but aeg is not llyod right?

aeg knew what was goning on, because they was suppose to hire a Nurse and something else they was suppose to do that they didn't do. so for them to say they didn't know what was goning on withe MJ is a Lie.
that really doesnt have anything to do with this case.

Smooth so your saying the death claim doesnt cover only by accident untik the full medical is done?

And i agree interms of not mentioning the meds that had been prescribed.tbh that majes it cut and dry unless of course theres clauses and it depends on what sort.but like others say the companies want ti now if u are on flu meds let alone anything else and will use any excuse.

What i wanna know is did mj speak to them direct or sign

Last edited:

What's with Taylor's Insurance in London? During the preliminaries a detective who examined Murrays phones told that he had received an email from them asking about Michael's health because of insurance.

Taylors? Maybe the broker?

that really doesnt have anything to do with this case.

Smooth so your saying the death claim doesnt cover only by accident untik the full medical is done?

And i agree interms of not mentioning the meds that had been prescribed.tbh that majes it cut and dry unless of course theres clauses and it depends on what sort.but like others say the companies want ti now if u are on flu meds let alone anything else and will use any excuse.

What i wanna know is did mj speak to them direct or sign

Im sure MJ a least signed because the insurance was for him

Well thome had P.O.A so i do wonder as the whole medical examine has always seemed abit off from the get go

They did. I just wish MJ would not have agreed to use that drug for sleep. Murray being the doctor should have refused but he didn't and he gave MJ the drug that killed MJ. ...

Yes, from whom "know" we that Michael has had "agreed"?
It should be talked into us.... from the first day----beginning with Oxman.
Lloyd did not need to act at all even more, than to read the complaint of Michael's father against Murray/AEG!

If it was not angry in such a way, one could ask, whether not the AllGood thing, the complaints
(Raymone Baine, AllGood, Ola Ray,...Julien Darren) and the unclear thing with Leonard Rowe all have had one single purpose:
To do Michael systematically in the narrowness and with it in the sleeplessness.
But I better do not write further....

Last edited:

below is what was in mj house.the only issue is prop the trazadone. even then they hadnt been taken much. and the 20th june pprescription which i guess they would want to know about. the others had hardly been touched and prob werent been taken when the insurance was set up. but like others say they want to know if u cut your finger so will jump on anything to not pay out

Prescribed by Metzger:
- Clonazepam 1mg. (for anxiety). Issued in April. Out of 30 tablets, 8 remained.
- Trazadone 50mg. (Antidepressant, also for sleep problems). Issued on 18th April. Of 60 tab, 38 remained. (2 at bedtime if need).

Prescribed by Klein:
- Tizandine 4mg. (Muscle relaxant). Issued on 7th J. Of 10 tablets, 8 remained. (1/2 at bedtime).
- Zanaflex 4mg. (Muscle relaxant). 4Tablets prescribed on 6th Nov 2008. (from 1/s to 1 at bedtime).
- Prednisone10mg. 10 tab (immunosuppressant med, used to treat inflammatory diseases (skin, articulations...) Issued on 25-April-09.

Dwight /Cherilyn Lee:
- Amoxicillin 500mg. (Antibiotic). Date of prescription: 02-02-09.
- Azithromycin 250mg. (Antibiotic) Issued on 09-03-09. Out of 6 tablets, 2 remained. (Directions: 2 tab 1st day, 1 for 4 days).

A bottle of 60 diazepam 10mg tablets were prescribed by Murray on 20th June, the dose was half to one tablet every 6 hours. 57 were still in the bottle.

No, no... what I said is that "accident" or "illness" were dependant on a medical report in London, but not "death".
(According to points 12 and 13 of the demand)

No, no... what I said is that "accident" or "illness" were dependant on a medical report in London, but not "death".
ok thanks.i read it as accident or illness would have to be confirmed by a dr in london before a payout. Which has been said i think by ivy

i see what u mean now it just says death it doest have a clause saying death by accident only until a full medical

Last edited:

i agree with elusive...

also: dont say dont get paid, looks like a great sentence here

They contradict themselves because in point 12 they say the "perils" included in clause 2 are:

2.1. Death.
2.2 "Accident to or illness which in the opinion of an independent medical practioner... (the doctor revision in London)."

They claim "death was not an accident", but the policy did not require that "death" should only be covered if by accident.

What it's subject to a medical opinion in London is the circumtances around a potential "accident". (Point 13 "Certain conditions... losses resulting from Accident only until such medical report in London.

The policy says "effective from 24 April - January 19 2010".

So, from my understanding at least in this point they are inconsistent.

I understand it differently.

Point 12 states death, accident and illness - those were the things that would be covered by the final insurance
Point 13 says "cover is restricted to losses from accident only until .. medical report in London ... rehearsal in London".

they argue that as the London rehearsal and medical exam didn't happen , the policy at the time of Michael's death covered accident only and that they wouldn't pay because his death wasn't an accident it was a homicide.

Document are here http://www.radaronline.com/sites/radaronline.com/files/MJ-Lloyds.pdf

This is the summary

- The insurance was to cover accident, illness and death.
- Lloyd's state that the policy required a medical exam in London as well as the insurer's underwriters to attend a rehearsal.
- Lloyd's claims as these didn't happen, the only thing covered by the insurance is accident and that Michael's death wasn't an accident.
- Lloyd's state that the insurance policy doesn't cover pre-existing conditions, lack of care, drugs and misrepresentation.
- They argue that the form has misrepresentation as none of the prescription drugs MJ was taking was listed and it said MJ only saw a dermatologist since 2005.
- Lloyd's claim that MJ's medical history and "apparent prescription drug use and/or drug addiction" wasn't told to the underwriters.
- Lloyd's claim that AEG didn't send them the information they requested to evaluate the claim.
- LLoyd's also claim that AEG showed copies of the insurance policy to media such as Los Angeles Times.

The summary is very good.

The only thing I wanted to point out is that Lloyd's contradict themselves in the bolded part with their points 12 and 13, because they clearly separate "death" (clause 2.1) from "accident or illness" (clause 2.2).

The underlined part: "no others than cosmethologists" (plural)

As always ivy, your insight is a great help.

I think I will comment on this when there is a response from AEG/the Estate.

yea, and what about that so called "riot act" meeting?

I understand it differently.

Point 13 says "cover is restricted to losses from accident only until .. medical report in London ... rehearsal in London".

they argue that as the London rehearsal and medical exam didn't happen , the policy at the time of Michael's death covered accident only and that they wouldn't pay because his death wasn't an accident it was a homicide.

I understand you, the problem is with the position of "only". My understanding is that what it is actually said is that in the case of "accident", cover is restricted until... medical report in London... rehearsal in London. A death, in general is not "an accident", can be caused by one or an illness, but the 3 are mentioned in clause 2.

Anyway, lawyers are always interpreting "words" in different ways, so I suppose there must be different interpretations.
------------
PS: Now I see it the way you do too (specially your last paragraph).
Got a headache now...

-----------------------
PS 2: Finally got it!!! :doh: The KEY word is "restricted", didn't take it into account.
Sorry if involuntarily I contributed to more headaches...:blush:

And thanks Ivy for taking the time to explain it.

Last edited:

i thought it was about the meds and not about how michael died? or is it both?

PS: Now I see it the way you do too (specially your last paragraph).
Got a headache now...

These document talk is always hard to understand. They give me headaches too :)

also look to item 47 at page 12. It says "no medical examination took place in London ... representative didn't attend a rehearsal at London as MJ died before traveling to London... Thus the only covered peril under the policy was an accident".

Thank you so much, Ivy.

:yes: (I was so concentrated on "only" that I ignored the key word "restricted"). Sorry, again.

The timing of this is just hard with the 2 year anniversary coming up. I don't get why they are asking not to pay now after all this time. I am not familiar with how long it takes for an insurance company to start paying but it's hard to see this. None of this should be happening because Michael should still be here.

On one hand I'm kind of sad about this, yet I want the Estate to counteract this. If certain medical history wasn't given to the insurance company, then they have a valid claim for this, but if they're suing for not having to pay for time in which Michael didn't even fill out then would medical history need to play a large role in the suit? Besides, if Michael took a physical, shouldn't have all that information been provided by AEG?

And isn't Murray on trial for negligence, so should the fact that Michael nor anyone else never mentioned use of propofol really matter? Since we do have reason to believe that one physicians own incompetence to anesthesia played just a big of a part as one's decision to use the drug for whatever personal reason? And shouldn't the insurance company know of Michael's physicians, other than a dermatologist, since Murray was under contract with AEG, should that information also had not been provided by AEG?

Well thome had P.O.A so i do wonder as the whole medical examine has always seemed abit off from the get go

True.... But if he has POA it is still just as good as MJ signing himself. I just don't understand why Tohme had POA. I could understand something like that when he was out the country, but I don't think he should have given anyone that power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back